1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Online Check-In?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Resort Hotels & Accomodation' started by Meg1884, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

What can you tell me about it? I've never done it before but was thinking about it for this trip.

2. DisneyHayley

DisneyHayley New Member

I'm interested in this too, so I'll be watching! :)

3. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

They have a special line. You walk up and they have everything waiting for you. You can a credit card to your room at this point also , if you would like.

4. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

Done this a couple of times. Very easy. Just login with your ressie number. Note any room requests. Enter credit card details if you want a card on file to charge to. Once you get to Resort, as John said, just go to online check-in line and your folder and room keys will be ready and waiting :thumbs:

5. DisneyHayley

DisneyHayley New Member

Awesome :) We'll definitely be doing this!

6. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Hayley -I did this for the first time, the last time we stayed at Pop. It was quite nice just walking up to the counter and them handing us everything and sending us on our way.

7. angelmommy

angelmommy New Member

We did it last time. The whole check in process was so fast & easy. Loved it & will do it again this time. :)

8. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

We did last time, makes life so easy when you arrive at the hotel. We did have a slight problem. We booked club level and the room cards they issued didnt work in the slot in the lift. It was soon sorted. Would certainly do it again

9. Pinoke76

Pinoke76 New Member

Does anyone have a link to the online check in page? I can't seem to find one? :unsure:

10. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

Can you put any requests for buildings when you check-in online? I have 2 rooms to check-in for this trip and I want to request a specific building and ask for us to have connecting rooms.

11. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

Also how early can you do this online?

12. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Hi, if I remeber right, its under my reservations link on Disney web site

13. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

It is, I've just checked in for Friday. You have to locate your reservation first though if it does't appear straight away in your profile.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  14. DisneyHayley

DisneyHayley New Member

Meg, it says on my reservation thing that you can do it 10 days in advance :)

15. Meg1884

Meg1884 New Member

Thanks Hayley! I'm getting so excited! Are you?

16. TomW

TomW DisneySenior

The first time we used online checkin was for BLT in October, 2010. As a part of the checkin process, you indicate your approximate time of arrival. When we walked into the Contemporary lobby, I was greeted, by name(!) before we even got to the counter. The only problem I have encountered is on one of the checkin screens. There is a screen to request a specific room, but there is no space on the form to fill in. I called Disney Vacation Club and they put the request in the queue, but there was no way for me to do it.

17. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

We were greeted by name in the valet parking section outside the Beach Club hotel. Whilst walking passed this section pulling our cases. It freaked the kids out (lol)

18. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

Can you do specific room requests for online check in now?

19. dcfromva

dcfromva New Member

I've used OLCI several times now. I entered a cell phone in on my last OLCIs and I received a text with my room number while I was riding on the Magical Express which I thought was pretty neat because it was before 3:00pm. (Of course, I still had to go the front desk to show my ID and get my room keys).
    I have noticed there have been several different procedures at the front desk for picking up the keys. I would recommend getting into line and then have someone query the CM (if there is one managing the line) as to whether there is a dedicated OLCI line.

On my most recent stay at BCV, there was just one check in line (no one directing traffic). When I checked into BoardWalk Villas Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando last OCT as part of a gaggle getting off the ME, they did not differentiate whether a person used OLCI or not--everyone queue up in the same line and a CM directed folks to a CM to be helped. Even so, it was pretty efficient and moved pretty fast.

When I checked into the BLT last Dec, there was one line and the CM was going through the line and pulling out folks who had used OLCI and sending them over to the OLCI desk. On my most recent stay at BLT, there was a dedicated line for OLCI (although it wasn't really easy to discern with the line chaos in the lobby). I actually stood in the wrong line for a while and didn't find out until after a whole bunch more folks entered the OLCI line. Surprisingly though, the OLCI line evaporated in a a few minutes--while the regular line moved at glacier speed.

20. disneyric

disneyric Cast Member

I believe you can request connecting rooms during the online check-in. As for buildings, they are assigned based on room type that you have and availability based on other guests stays.

I did this with my last vacation and it was amazing. It was very fast even though I didn't put any credit card information in online, since I was paying with a gift card. They still had everything ready and I was in and out of the check-in process in less than 5 minutes. I highly recommend you check-in online to expedite the process so you can enjoy the magic faster!!