1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pixiedust for Patrick

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by Debi, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Debi

Debi New Member

He had a reaction to a new med . He's been complaining of a headache since Friday . Jim woke me at 8 AM and told me we have to get him to the hospital . He had a very bad nose bleed and had tremors terribly, we thought he was having a brain anuerysm . Seriously, I don't know what we thought . Jim & I were both frightened .
    I guess the triage nurse thought it was bad too, we didn't even register him . He was white as a sheet .
    The ER nurse came out with two ice packs, one back of neck and one over the top of his nose & eyes and whisked him off in a wheelchair . I was in tears I truly thought this was it . I started saying The Lors Prayer to myself over & over . It's awful to think your child will go before you and all I want to do is take his place . Now I know how my mom felt when I was really sick as a teen .
    By the time we saw him again , he was sitting up and drinking orange juice . :D Cat Scan and blood work were normal . His EKG shows his heart missig some beats which is part of his heart problem & swelling in his aorta's still .
    The doctor came in to talk to Jim & I . We started talking about his meds and it was then that it hit me . He started a new med two weeks ago and it wasn't helping him with his issue so the doctor increased it . I told the doctor last week during school , he had three nose bleeds and a few days after starting this new med, he had passed out and brought to the ER .
    They changed his med back to what he was on and kept him over night for observation . When I left he had a little heart monitor in his hospital gown's pocket and was sleeping . They have him on an IV as they don't think he's getting enough fluids .
    If you have any spare pixiedust, can you please send it his way .

2. USCWest

USCWest New Member

Pixie Dust for Patrick. Hope they can get his meds squared away. :pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:

3. GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck Mad about the Duck

I sure hope things work out well for Patrick..........

:tink::pixiedust::pixiedust::tink2:

:dust::pixiedust::pixiedust::wand:

4. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

O dear - you dont have much luck - :pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:

5. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Thinking about you and Patrick.

6. MKJo

MKJo New Member

Sending lots of PD :pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust:

7. Jon

Jon New Member

Home Page:
    Hope Pat's on the mend soon D&J. Pixie dust on its way! :pixiedust:

8. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

:pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust:Hoping all is going better for you :pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust::pixiedust:

9. Debi

Debi New Member

Thank You everyone . Patrick just came home and although he looks wiped out . He is better . His cardiologist diagnosed him with arrhythmia due to his stress and past drug abuse :blush: and has an enlarged left aritial chamber, could have been caused by pneumonia and the many bouts of bronchitis he has had in the past . It's not bad enough for surgery and he has to have an EKG every three months . His cardiologist did say if he stops smoking it could go away on its own or get worse . He has cut down considerably . He smokes a pack every 3 days compared to a pack everyday . I'm sure that synthetic drug he was smoking did not help his heart either .
    We told the doctor we are going to WDW and he said he will have to be very careful to what he goes on, but will have an EKG before he leaves and things may be better . Thanks Again for your prayers & pixiedust . :hug:

10. greatdanedaddy

greatdanedaddy New Member

There is always extra Pixie Dust. Hope all turns out well.

John

11. Debi

Debi New Member

I'm so embarassed to say that he was using a synthetic drug to stay numb and forget his personal problems . And so mad at myself that I was in denial when I knew he wasn't our Patrick . I should have known something was wrong . But with me being sick and hospitalized twice. fracturing my foot, mourning the death of my 2 year old kitten to cancer , I was in my own world .

12. PaulaK

PaulaK New Member

:pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:
    :pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:

There's plenty more where that came from. Hoping both Pat and Jim will be okay. :hug:

13. tweenie123

tweenie123 New Member

Hope Patrick is feeling better Debi.

14. dcfromva

dcfromva New Member

I hope Patrick is doing better and his meds are making him better. :getwell::getwell::getwell:

15. Debi

Debi New Member

For all of you that have prayed & sent pixiedust . I must tell you, Patrick is coming back to us . I had a good heart to heart with his doctor, ok I flipped out on him and said I want my son back . The medication you have him on is making him not able to function, he has no emotion, is blank and just a shell of himself .
    He took him off one altogether and put him on another . Added to one that wasn't affecting him because his bloodwork still was showing he was low and he reduced his nightime medication by 100 milligrams .
    He is no longer secluding himself . He is helping out when he comes home from group . The other night he got mad at me and I hugged him . He says I'm mad and you hug me ? I said yes , your feeling emotions again . Tonight Jim said something funny and Pat busted a gut . He's getting better . It's been a long road but he's making thrives and I tell him everyday, you look better and he thanks me . He said, I feel better . :clap:

16. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Thats excellent news - I wish they would make meds without side effects

17. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

That's great news Debi - I'm glad Patrick is feeling his old self again :)