1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sea World = Rope drop park?

Discussion in 'Beyond Disney' started by ThinkTink, Jul 26, 2011.

1. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Just as the subject suggests, is Sea World a park that it is imperative to be there 30 minutes prior to opening?

Keep in mind, the girls will NOT ride Kraken or Manta :lol:.

Was hoping that we could stroll in around 10:00/10:30 on Saturday and not feel completely behind schedule.

2. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

We've never been to SeaWorld for rope drop (but saying that Brigitte, we've never been to any park for rope drop!) I've always found SeaWorld to be more relaxing and a park for taking it easier than WDW although we haven't been for about three years. We've always got there around 11am and have been ready to leave about 6pm and that's with doing Kraken and Atlantis. Bryan and Robert always want to spend more time than me looking at the animal exhibits but we've still managed to do what we want including the Shamu show. We did stay late once to see the firework display which was really good.

We've never made plans when we've gone to SeaWorld and tend to just go with the flow which has frequently caused us to get lost a few times!!

3. Jon

Jon Moderator

We've been just after opening and also an hour or so later and always got all the things done we wanted to do with time to spare. If you're avoiding the coasters then yeah, going a bit later in the morning wont matter too much.

4. Pinoke76

Pinoke76 New Member

We've been a dozen times now and I don't think there is much benefit to being there too early. The main shows are all scheduled to start a little later.
    I would try and find out the time of the first show and aim to get there 15 minutes before that.

During the day some shows overlap and some of the arenas are quite far apart (Shamu to Dolphin is a 10/15 minute walk with crowds), so it is best to plan your day in advance so you don't get an unfortunate 3 hour gap between shows.

5. jarretth

jarretth New Member

I guess it depends on what time of year you are going but generally we've always arrived at SW sometime around opening time and never had a problem fitting everything in and usually leave the park my mid afternoon. You often get second day free passes there so we have been known to pop back in on our way back from shopping to do some of the rides a second time.

When the kids were tiny, the play area there is great so we went back on day two just to let the kids play rather than to do any of the other things.