1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Self Portait

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Collectibles' started by Damfino, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

This Art of Disney Cross Stitch was the first one I ever bought in 2004 and I finally started it yesterday, I'm expecting it to take 4 months at least to do, but, it's a lot less intensive than the previous two I've done, Cinderella Castle and Tinkerbelle. But, to push myself I'm going to post work in progress photos as I go along. Doing Mickey's head in three threads at the moment which is quite hard going on 14ct aida with pushing the needle through, so I'll post a photo when I've completed it to inspire me to crack on with it, thankfully most of it is in two threads and no metallic thread as in Cinderella Castle.

2. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Sounds like a lot of patience will be required. Can't wait to watch your progress!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

3. MKadmin

MKadmin Administrator Staff Member

Looking forward to seeing it!

4. MK-Nikki

MK-Nikki New Member

I can't wait to see it!! I made the girls a braclet each in the car, using Mickey buttons as the closure! I will post a pic when everyone wakes up and I can turn a light on to take the pic! A LOT less tedious than you cross stitch! :)

5. Steamboat Willie

Steamboat Willie New Member

I love cross stitches. Would never do one myself, but they are one of those things that you can tell a lot of time has went into them. DF and her mother and sister are really into them, and my sister has recently started doing them as well.