1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starbucks to the rescue!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Dining & Restaurants' started by PaulaK, Apr 23, 2012.

1. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

From the Disney Blog:

In June, the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park. And more locations are planned at Disneyland park and Walt Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom).

The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store’s location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.

The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats.

2. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Not sure how I feel about this. Afraid it will lead to other outside companies moving in. I like Disney restaurants to be Disney based. While Nescafe coffee is horrible, I'd rather they just switched brands. Starbucks is crazy expensive too.

using Tapatalk 2

3. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

I'm not a coffee drinker really and I definitely don't get the whole paying a fortune for it. :hehe: If people are queueing for decent coffee though, they're not in the queues for rides so that works for me! :wink:

4. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

If the queues at the mall are any indicator--these lines will rival the queue for the Dole Whip--definitely keeping people out of lines for the rides!

5. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

:iagree: Sounds good to me!

I don't drink coffee very much either, but I must say I'm quite impartial to their Christmas flavoured drinks.... if they do these during our next (and first) early Christmas-ish trip, then you might find me in one of those long queues for the coffee :lol:

6. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

I agree that I don't want lots of outside companies coming into the park which now they have let them in I can see McDonald's popping up in a few of the counter service places :(
    Saying that I do LOVE Starbucks and am glad I don't need to drive to get it :)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ffhxf1
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Davy Jones

Davy Jones 8 Sixes!!!!

I wonder whether their coffees and pastries will be available on the DDP........ I am partial to the odd Starbucks

8. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

I'm not a huge fan of coffee either but on the odd occasion that I do have one then I quite like Starbucks.

9. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

Good point!

10. Jon

Jon Moderator

Mcdonald's were in the parks up until a year or two ago, although it was generally just fries & nuggets on offer.
    It's not much different to Coca Cola being Disney's prefferred drinks supplier really.
    I'm not a huge coffee drinker but i do like a mochafrappcappadappa-alpaccino now and again :D

11. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

12. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

:oops: Didn't check new posts before posted same in news forum!

13. Jon

Jon Moderator

I remember Frontierland Fries i think it was called, on the parthway between Frontierland and Adventureland. Restaurantosaurus did various Mc'd's stuff and another kiosk on the Canada end of World Showcase sold fries/Mcnuggets. There could have been others :unsure:

14. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

It's one thing to have additinonal items on a menu from another fast-food restaurant. Different when they devote space to an entire 'restaurant'. That's what I'm worried about......feeling like I"m walking through an eatery at the mall between rides.

15. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

I would rather have Costa than Starbucks - simple reason Costa doesnt charge for soya milk

16. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

I agree. I only drink the white peppermint mocha and it is delicious. I don't drink coffee at any other time.

17. SportsMickey

SportsMickey A walking SportsCenter

I don't get charged for soy anymore, but I use the gift card/rewards program.

I love my soy hot chocolate and my tea from starbucks. YUM

18. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

Not to jack this thread but those of you drinking "soy" might want to research this a little more. I have several friends and family members who are in the fitness and nutrition business and we have been reading up on these types of products for a while. Soy isn't as good as you might think and if you are "dieting" could be causing the exact opposite results you are looking for. Again, not to get off the OP idea but sooner or later this "soy" craze will come out to be a bad idea.

19. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma Moderator

Just read a bit more information:

The first one in Disneyland California will actually be called the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe -- after the characters in the Three Little Pigs. The Starbucks logo will not be in your face either, but rather the name will be printed vertically on posts on either side of the entrance!
    Not only that, but the inside will be designed to look like a 1920's/30's era establishment to match Walt's own LA neighborhood during that time. Plus all the green aprons will be gone, and everything will be co-branded.

20. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

That is going to look very nice.