1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tell me about Tony's

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Dining & Restaurants' started by tweenie123, Mar 18, 2012.

1. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

As we're only having a week at WDW in the summer before we cruise I don't intend to make many ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) but thought I'd better make a couple otherwise we'll be eating burgers for every meal. I thought I'd make some at places where we've never eaten before and Tony's keeps coming to mind. It's somewhere I've never thought of trying before so those of you who've eaten there...........what do you think of it?

2. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

I'll be interested to hear about this too, it's one place we've just never got round to trying.

3. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Me too. We have booked for the first time for our trip in August

4. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

We ate at Tony's a couple of trips back. It is all themed to the Lady and the Tramp story. The food was good...not great but not bad. The selections on the menu have a little bit of everything so you can do pasta or steak. The only reason we haven't gone back again has more to do with other choices that we either want to do or have done and were really good then with anything at Tony's itself. Most of what is on the menu at Tony's I can make at home so it's not a real must do for us. It's a good chocie for a new place to try....the setting is very plesant and clean; there was a TV in the waiting room playing Lady and the Tramp for the kids while we waited.

5. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

We had a disappointing meal a few trips ago, we keep talking about giving it another chance but I'm not sure. I wish WDW had places like Walt's and the Silver Spur like DLP.

6. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

While certainly not a top restaurant by any means, Tony's has The Lady and The Tramp atmosphere and as Disney Dad says, a menu that should satisfy most people. We've eaten there several times and have never had what we would consider a bad meal. It would be nice if they had wine but hey this is MK. My biggest disappointment there was with what was supposed to be a spicy seafood dish. While the dish was tasty it was severely lacking in the spiciness that I would have liked.

7. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

I've had a look at the menu and think we'll give it a go. We usually have our first day in MK so it'd be really convenient for our evening meal.

8. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

This is somewhere I've always wanted to eat too. Curious to see how you like it.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk

9. SportsMickey

SportsMickey A walking SportsCenter

I had a meal there with my parents, sister and niece in December. We walked up which was nice.

IIRC, Mom and I shared a Tomato and Mozzarella Salad as an app; Kim and Mom had Chicken Florentine Calzone; I had the Bianca Flatbread, Kylie had a Chicken Cesar and Dad had Chicken Parmigiana (I think.... he's the one I'm least sure about)

Everything was yummy, cooked well and we had great service

10. GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck Mad about the Duck

We have eaten here 4 or 5 times for lunch. While you wait on your food, they give you bread with a dish (or bowl) of olive oil for dipping the bread. Yummy. I guess they still do that. I always liked the panini. I also like the ambiance and the service. Once, we ate here on our anniversary, and they spinkled our table with Mickey glitter.

11. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

I've made an ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) so hopefully we'll all like it!

12. akdisneygirl

akdisneygirl New Member

We used to eat at Tony's every trip, but then we had a couple of bad experiences, and stopped going. In one instance the food was just not good, my daugther's steak that was supposed to be rare was well done, and so salty! Another time we had the rudest hostess I have ever seen at WDW, it was almost laughable she was so awful and cranky. All that being said, if you have never been-I would give it a try. I LOVE the ambience of this restaurant, and we have certainly had many more good meals than bad.

13. Pinoke76

Pinoke76 New Member

We ate there for the first time last May, it was wonderful.
    Our server was friendly, the food was good and our overall experience was one of the better ones during the trip.

Whilst not somewhere for a special evening meal, it was somewhere we would consider for a relaxing meal in future.

14. mom2munchkins

mom2munchkins New Member

IMO it's the kind of place to do once just to say you did it. That being said,I loved the atmosphere.Our server was wonderful.The food not so much.

15. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

We've eaten at Tony's several times. As others have said the food can't be classified as fantastic, but we have always had good meals there. The only thing missing is a nice glass of red wine. Oh, and their Diablo could be hotter.