1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thanksgiving 2011 - Something to be thankful for!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by littlepickering, Feb 25, 2012.

1. littlepickering

littlepickering New Member

The theme of this trip report is something to be thankful for. You will find that out later in the report so here it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so the adventure began………….

Late June after discussing with my DH (read harassing,threatening, nagging, etc… DH) he agreedwe were ready to go back to WDW. Havingtaken the advice from others on here I contacted Josephine Raccuia at SmallWorld Vacations (She was awesome and would highly recommend her toanyone!). Off I went to make all finalplans and put the “Travel Book” together to be given to each family! The family is used to receiving a book ondeparture day giving them all the info they need. Reservation numbers, telephone numbers,general information, menus, etc…….
    3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg
    4.JPG

November 1-16, 2011 I spent all my spare time sewing skirts,dresses, making hair bows to match, t-shirts with Tinkerbell wings on them andhaving things monogrammed so my twinciles could look the part when they visitedDisney. (Side note: I think this determination to make themedoutfits for the trip stems from the tacky stuff I am photographed in as a childon all our visits to Disney, lots of gimme t-shirts and caps with polyestershorts, thanks mom!!! In her defense itwas the 70’s) Ok back to Disney planningand prepping.
    7.jpg 10.jpg 8.jpg 11.jpg 9.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg
    6.jpg

Thursday November 17, 2011 the obsessive compulsive packingand organizing everything to go in the suitcase was executed while the kidswere at school and my husband was at work!

12.JPG

These packing bags and instructions to pack given to mymother were the topic of many stories and lots of laughs in my family. I heard the family talk about it the entiretime!!!!

Side note: I packedmy husbands out fit for each day and night in one ziplock bag and included apaper on the bag that states where we are going that day, the date the outfitwas to be worn and the weather forecast for that day. I then packed all three bags together in thesuitcase instead of having each person in their own suitcase. This way it is easier to get ready everydaysince all bags are together and if one suitcase gets lost during travel, it isnot all of one person’s clothing that is lost only a portion of everybody’sclothing gets lots. OK back to the tripreport.

I had the children spend the night at my in-laws since theywere not going with us on the vacation they were not running around packing sothey could keep the all too excited twins entertained for us while we packedsuitcases and made sure car was ready for the next day.

Friday November 18, 2011 – I woke up at 4:30am, I was tooexcited to sleep anymore and nervous about things turning out well. I got dressed and plugged my iphone in to chargeand update (bad idea) something happenedto my i-phone, and I had to restore factory settings, it was taking forever myhusband was already grumpy and there wasn’t much I could do about it. I tried to fix my phone and unplugged itbefore it had a chance to do its thing and we headed out the door to pick mymother up at her house (she was riding in my car) and pick the twins up attheir other grandma’s house. We hit theroad and headed on the 150 mile journey to San Antoniowhere we would catch our flight to Orlando. My brother and his family were leaving Laredo at about the same time and were headed to San Antonio and my cousin and aunt were already in San Antonio since thenight before. We all got to the airportwithin minutes of each other (that’s a miracle!!!) We checked in gathered kids, drivers headedout to leave vehicles in long term parking and off we went to wait for ourflight!

13.JPG

We arrived safely in Orlando!!!! Waited for Magical Express, loaded up thefamily aka “The Blob” and off we went to the Port Orleans French Quarter!

I had already checked in all the rooms via internet prior toarrival so get situated happened pretty quickly.

The Cast of Characters:

Me, husband, twin daughter, my 70 year old mother, my 80year old aunt, my cousin, my brother, his wife and their 3 children, wheew!

10 of the 12 of us decided to freshen up quickly and head onout to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Very MerryChristmas Party. The bottleneck cause bythe crowds arriving for the party was a bit much but the park did looksplendid! It was cool weather and theexcitement of where we were kept us moving!!!!!!!!!!! Ah we are finally here after 3 years beingaway oh how I had missed you!!!!!!!!! The park was beautiful with all its Christmas decorations!

This was us getting to the park at 6:30pm, we were already alittle worn on the inside and outside as this picture shows!!! It doesn’t matter because we are just gettingjolted with a little Disney magic to get us going!

14.jpg

The twins were tired but nothing was going tostop them once they reached the Magic Kingdom, weeks ofharassment from mommy “behave or you will not go…!” I had to milk the WDW vacation for what itwas worth!!
    15.jpg

We met Wendy and Peter Pan!
    16.jpg

By the way, we love Wendy!!!!!
    17.jpg

We went to several of the different dance parties around thepark.
    18.JPG

And rode on a bunch of different rides! The teacups were a big hit!!!!!!!!!
    19.JPG

My Natali on the left NEVER EVER runs out of energy, I don’tknow how she does it but I want some of that too. By this time after 11pm and the rest of uswere starting to fizzle out!

My girls LOVED the racecars, my rear end and back did notappreciate the ride as much since you are practically sitting on the floorsquished into those little cars getting banged around with crazy kiddriver!!!!!!!!!!!
    20.JPG 21.JPG

It was time to head out of the park and the girls werefighting it. They did not want to go tohotel room and were begging to be taken to ride Dumbo. My DH and I were exhausted from all thetravel earlier in the day and were ready to head back!!!
    22.JPG

Little Miss “I’m Not Tired!” Passed out on daddy during the bus ride to hotel!
    23.JPG

And so goes the first day of our adventure, more to come soon, day 2 cooming up!!!!

2. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

Great report...can't wait to hear more :D

3. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Great report and photos

4. Bec

Bec Moderator

Fab report! Gosh you are so clever making those clothes!! So pretty.

Love the organisation too.

Can't wait for more!

5. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

Great report! Looking forward to reading more.

I love all the outfits and your organistion is amazing!

6. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

You could come and do my packing next trip if you like?! :D Cute pics of the girls and you're very talented making all those outfits!

7. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer New Member

Loved the report and pictures your girls are so gorgeous in those outfits, super packing may take some tips!

8. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

What a great start!!!

You take packing to a whole new level :thumbs:!

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk

9. jcc0621

jcc0621 New Member

Wow. I am new here, but I love all the sewing you did! I'm so not crafty :)

Can't wait to read more.

10. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

Fantastic report :) Can't wait to read more! The outfits are really amazing and I LOVE the organisation! :yes:

11. littlepickering

Thanks for all the kind comment! I started sewing this past August, You Tube has been a great teacher and etsy (online marketplace for handmade items) has been my inspiration. I will upload more later tonight. Just got home from my kids Mickey inspired birthday party!!!

12. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Wow, I don't think I could ever be that organized that I knew what I was going to wear every day.

13. littlepickering

@USCWest, I appreciate you referring to me as "organized" but my husband and family would say its a little more crazy than organized!!!! :)

14. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

:lol: I hear that...I tend to be very organized (can we say OCD and Anal Retentive) My family has learned that I plan and thats it.

15. littlepickering

OK here come day 2!

As I put this trip report together, I get a little nostalgic for the adrenaline rush I feel when I am at DTD. The same feel of rush that allows me to walk from sun up to sun down for 10 straight days when all I do is complain when I have to walk the mall for a couple of hours just to shop a little!

Saturday November 19, 2011

Our first full day at WDW, we were exhausted from the long trip the day before and MVMCP!!! For this day we scheduled makeovers for the little ones at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at the Market place and then a late lunch in Norway with the princesses!

The journey began with the boat ride from Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW to Downtown Disney. Great weather pleasant ride.
    25.JPG 24.JPG

We arrived with time to spare so we walked around a little in the fabulous weather! This photo is a before photo!
    26.jpg

We then headed into the boutique to meet our fairy godmothers!!! They were very sweet and did a great job. The twin's cousin joined us she is only 4 months older than the twins so it looked like I was there with a set of triplets!!!! (BTW, I need one of these ladies to help me out in the mornings!)
    30.jpg 27.jpg
    28.jpg
    29.jpg

Here is the after photo of the three princesses and my other niece!
    31.jpg

When we were done with makeovers we headed over to the busesto catch a bus to one of the Epcot resorts to make our late lunch reservations.
    32.jpg

We went to the Boardwalk hotel and then proceeded to walkover to Epcot. Look who we ran into whenwe arrived at Epcot! The girls love MaryPoppins and have been talking about being Mary Poppins forHalloween (the one with the fancy white dress and parasol)!!!
    33.jpg

Dear Mary Poppins, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    34.jpg

Now we continue our journey around Epcot World Showcase toget to Norway! With 3 little glammed-up princesses you muststop for photo ops along the way!
    35.jpg

The moment they have been waiting for…….lunch with ThePrincesses!!! I never photographed myfood at any of the restaurants I ate at. While the food here was not terrible, we would not eat here without thegimmick of the Princesses being here. The food was just ok. This wasthe consensus at our table of 12. Thedesserts were quite nice but for the love of God, there was chocolate and creaminvolvevd how can that be bad!!!!!

They were excited to see Sleeping Beauty since they weredressed like her!!!
    36.jpg

My daughter Tatiana had been waiting for weeks to meet SnowWhite and tell her not to eat the apple!!!!!!!!! Tatiana is the one on the leftwho is in awe of Snow White!
    37.jpg

They invited Cinderella over to our house toplay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wanted to knowif any of the mice were there with her???????? They also asked to see her shoesand questioned why they were not real glass slippers????????
    38.jpg

The girls were wondering why Ariel did not have a mermaidtale and also asked her if her father was still mad at her for disobeying him?
    39.jpg

All the princesses were very sweet with the girls and spenttime talking to them and answering questions while in character!!!!!!!!!!

We headed out after our late lunch to visit Mexico. The twins decided to hop a ride withgrandma. Those 3 together aredangerous!!!!!!
    40.JPG

We stayed at Epcot the remainder of the day. We did Future World in the early evening sothe crowds were really reasonable.

Princesses are friends, NOT food!!!!!!
    41.jpg

I took an extra change of clothing for the girls if they gottired of wearing their fussy princess dresses but they were determined to staydressed like that until bedtime!!! Thisphoto was taken on the way out of the park at the end of the day!!!!!!!!! They were still not ready to leave!!!!
    42.jpg

I think they had a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    43.JPG

This sums up our first full day at WDW. These were 2 very happy little princesses!!!! Next up, Animal Kingdom!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• 29.jpg
      29.jpg
      File size:
      191.1 KB
      Views:
    • 30.jpg
      30.jpg
      File size:
      190.1 KB
      Views:
  16. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

Wow they do look like triplets. I'll bet Aurora was impressed seeing 3 all at once dressed like her.

17. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

They are sooooooooo pretty

18. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Fab pics! All the girls are very cute and it sounds like a perfect day! :princess: :princess: :princess:

19. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma Moderator

Oh my, they really do look like triplets!

20. littlepickering

And so continues the journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday November 20, 2011 – Animal Kingdom

We usually would leave the blob behind back at the hotel and everyone would enter the designated park at their own pace. Everyone had their reservation information so we knew we would meet daily at our table service meal which we scheduled together every day. Sometimes because each family had different likes and needs we would decide at the last minute to split up.

Animal Kingdom Christmas tree!
    44.jpg 45.jpg

It is nice to get that first thing in the morning photo done before your hair fizzles and the kids hair is falling all over their face! I couldn’t get my husband to participate in an Animal Kingdom themed outfit, imagine that!!!!!!!!!!!
    46.jpg

We love you Winnie!!!!!!!!!!!!
    54.jpg

Eyeore was such a sweetie!!!
    55.jpg

So loveable!
    56.jpg

Tigger was sooo playful, the girls loved how he interactedwith them!
    57.jpg

We headed over to the Triceratop Spin. The sun was beating down on us by this time and it was really starting to warm up.
    58.jpg

I rushed over to pick up some Expedition Everest fast passes even though the twins were still 1 inch too short to ride it, they were a little bummed out about it. I bumped into my cousin while there and decided I would ride it with her! I love this ride!!!!!!!!!!
    59.JPG

The girls were so happy to bump into Pocahontas after they saw the Lion King!!!!!!
    48.jpg

It is tough to be a bug!!! Someone get me some bug spray pronto!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AK who wants to be a bug!.jpg

We were able to see a lot of the attractions here and the girls loved playing in the boneyard. After we left Animal Kingdome I realized I did not take anymore pictures for the rest of the evening. We left the park well before closing since we had dinner reservations at Ragland Road in Downtown Disney. The food was great as was the service and atmosphere. The girls really liked being there seeing/hearing the musicians. I only wish that the dancers were there but was told that they do not perform on Sundays. Oh well maybe next time!!!!

Monday November 21, 2011 – Magic Kingdom

Today we had an uneventful day at the Magic Kingdom. Our table restaurant for the day was the Liberty Tree Tavern. It was delish! In the 15 visits or so I have made to WDW since 1974, this is the first time I have ever gone to LTT. I know it is a classic but we had always overlooked it!!!! We ate lunch at LTT because for lunch it is a full menu not “all you care to eat” type menu. Everyone really like their meal here!

Finally they were going to ride Dumbo! The twins had been asking and asking and asking and …………………… Ok you get it!
    49.jpg 50.jpg

They were also really excite to go see the Tikki Birds!!! Yes they sang the song the rest of the trip, oh lucky me!!!!
    51.jpg

Everybody’s got a laughing place, a laughing place, to go………..
    53.JPG 52.JPG

I didn’t take too many pictures at the park this day. M

y husband and I were riding in the car after the twins so we could take their picture while riding!!!
    53a.jpg

Next up, Hollywood Studios!!!!!!!!!!!!