1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The art of Disney

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Collectibles' started by elliotc93, Aug 9, 2014.

1. elliotc93

elliotc93 New Member

Hello,

I acquired this print a couple years back and have had it on my wall ever since, and every time I look at it, I have to smile! Whether from a distance or taking a close look, there is lots to see.

Being from the UK, I am intrigued how this print ended up in a charity shop and how lucky I was to come along and pick this up. I recently moved the frame from one room to another and it had me thinking about the prints history. I've always wanted to take the print out of the frame to gather an idea about where it came from, however have refrained from doing so to avoid damage.

With this, I wanted to ask if anyone knows about 'the art of disney', what the origins are likely to be and whether the print holds any value.

I have attached a picture of the print. disney.jpg

2. Bec

Bec Moderator

Pretty.

3. Debi

Debi Moderator

Very Nice!

4. Jon

Jon Moderator

Does it have the name of the artist on it?
    It looks similar to some I saw on the Fantasy from an artist who paints a scence from a particular animated classic and add's 'hidden' characters, all of whomb are unrelated to the film depicted. The paintings are much sought after and were a few thousand dollars apeice. A print wont fetch quite the same price but if its one thats no longer produced in might hold a bit of value from collectors.

Should also add that the 'Art of Disney' is a store in Downtown Disney where its likely this was bought from.

5. elliotc93

elliotc93 New Member

Thank you for your reply, no name of an artist to be seen.

Sounds like it's travelled quite far over here to the UK, the print seems like it is well and truely nested into the frame!

With that, this will stay on my wall :)