1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Tale of a Cardinal

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by Debi, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Debi

Debi Moderator

it started the day after Dad was entombed in the masolieum . Mom has always fed the birds but never had a lone cardinal . If you know about birds , Cardinals are never alone . There is always one male and one female .
    I know you are going to think I have completely gone bonkers . I thought MoM had until I saw it for myself . From the time she gets up, this cardinal flies into her window , we thought at first it was just a brain damaged bird and it would kill itself . But every morning the same thing, it wakes Mom as he starts at the bedroom window and he will keep doing it until she gets up . Once up and having her morning coffee , this bird is literally bouncing off the sun room window . If she goes up for a nap, the bird sits on the balcony until she wakes and he starts flying into the window again ! Is it possible that this cardinal is her husband . I suggested to Mom to leave the sliding doors open and get a bird cage . Perhaps he'll fly in and go in the cage because him flying into the window is driving her crazy . Thoughts, I'm very serious about this !

2. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

Hmmm could be! I'm very curious about reincarnation. I've seen stories on tv before but nothing like this.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rqse43
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

I don't believe in the reincarnation thing, but it could definitely be a sign for your mom. We call them God-incidents.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  4. Debi

Debi Moderator

I know what you mean leslie , but a bird ! But it makes sense, they loved their birds , they spend $100's on bird food, suet, hummingbird juice, you name it , they have it for the different types of birds . We thought eventually this cardinal would break its neck from flying into the window . Nope he plops down, shakes it off and starts all over again . It's Freaky . I've even gone on to the deck and talked to it . I call it Dad and its like he listens to me . I go in the house and he starts again . It's creepy !

5. Debi

Debi Moderator

Explain DM, please ?

6. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

7. GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck Mad about the Duck

Hmmm.....ever see the movie "Dragonfly"? The doctor's dead wife loved dragonflies, and he starts to see them everywhere after her death.

8. Debi

Debi Moderator

Nope never saw that one GD , but now I'll watch it .
    I don't think he wants to be her pet , its more like he's watching over her . He put up a death battle till the bitter end . His love for her was that strong . She finally had to tell him she'd be ok and it was alright to go home . But he wasn't getting it , he wanted to go home to his home . He kept saying with what voice he had due to lack of oxygen & strength, home . Mom has felt guilty that she couldn't take him home and let him die . So I think he came back . Like I said, its creepy as most birds are afraid and wilkl fly away when you get to close . Not him , he'll hop a few feet away, but stay and listen , even tilting his head . I was the one that said it , Mom , it's Dad and she said she thought so too . Now she takes special dried berries and such and out them on her patio table and he sits there and eats . I couldn't make something like this up, it freaks me out .

9. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

Maybe he just wants the closeure on his terms and not on the terms he was limted to when he was sick. Does your mom acknowledge the bird and speak to it or is she freaked and avoids it? Maybe just the acknowledgement and seeing that he is not bound to the bed as he was will be enough for him (and her) to move on.

10. Tishypops

Tishypops New Member

This is lovely especially if it gives her the peace she needs after loosing your dad. I think there are many things out there that we can not understand or explain. My dd told me last night that my grandad came to sleep in her bed with her the other night because she wished on a star that she wanted him back because she missed him. This makes her happy that he is still with her which I am glad of because she was extremely close to him and as she was only 4 when he past she has had a hard time understanding. She told my nan and she has told her to give her a hug from her next time he comes to see her

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4j0r5y
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

You know what a coincidence is. Something that you think just happened by fate. For me, a God-incidence is something that happened where I can see the power of God working for me or whoever is involved. It is not scriptual, you won't find it in the Bible. But if you look you can see God working everywhere. I just look at things a little differently. When I read the story about the cardinal my first thought was God in His mighty power sent the cardinal to your mom as a way of comforting her.

12. Debi

Debi Moderator

Yes she talks to the cardinal . She now sits outside on her deck with her morning coffee, when warm enough to do so and the cardinal sits on the table eating his special treats . She talks to him , she tells him his bashing into the window is driving her nuts . :lol: but he still does it . She said, yup it's him anything to get on her last nerve . I lost it . :lmao: