1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

we are here.

Discussion in 'Live @ Disney' started by dizneymom, Dec 1, 2011.

1. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Not sure we like this resort Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World. We paid extra for a preferred room. We are in building 2. And I don't understand but 1 and 3 are conneccted and two is behind them both. We are so far out, our cell phones do not work. Had Pepper Mill for dinner. It was good. Had the fruit plate.

We landed at 4 pm. We got our luggage at 8 pm. Thought that was extemely late. I thought after Thanksgiving was slow....Our plane was full. Several people got bumped. And I swear most of the people on our DME was from our plane. We came to Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World first about 10 people got off...then the rest of the bus was going to All Star Movies and the rest. It was 65 when we landed, better than the 33 we left. But as soon as the sun went down, it was cold...needed my winter coat, but it was in my luggage. Iy's been a long day, we are tired and tired. Hope tomorrow will be better.

2. USCWest

USCWest Moderator

We didn't have any problems anywhere at Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World when we were there. I did find the building numbers odd. We were in Casitas 3.

3. Debi

Debi Moderator

Never stayed at Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World ... but have heard Pepper Mill is excellent . Hope you have a better day tomorrow, now that you have your luggage . The week that you chose use to be the best kept secret until they found out . :lol: Don't forget they are filming the parade this weekend and a lot of people now go down for that . Wonder if Regis is doing it with Kelly since he retired . You'll have to let us know if you get overthere . Whats on your agenda for tomorrow ?

4. mcduck

mcduck Member

things will settle down and you will enjoy.

5. Jon

Jon Moderator

Hopefully the location at CS doesn’t spoil your enjoyment too much.

Sounds like it’s a bit cool over there right now.

Just whisking this thread over to the Live at Disney forum. Hold onto your hats and glasses… :D

6. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

Glad you go there ok, though not the best of journey's... I hope things look better for you from tomorrow :)

7. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

Hope you've had a better day and good night's sleep!

8. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Sleep puts everything into perspective :yes:.

Hope you have a great day today :excited:!

9. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Day 2....not a good day.....as we were leaving MK a lady walked in front of my scooter so I swerved to miss her and I ENDED UP RUNNING OVER MY FRIEND'S FOOT! She almost always walks behind me to my left....and while I was keeping my eye on the crazy lady beside me...she moved and I got her good. A CM asked us if we were alright and we said yes, we were just resting, he went and got a supervisor and he insisted we go to first aid. They got her a wheelchair and pushed her to first aid. She iced it for about 30 minutes and then we left. We did what we call the 'monorail shopping trip' and she kept telling me she was okay....we had an early night.

BUT...there is some cheerleading group here and we are right smack in the middle of their group. They sit outside and drink, talk very loud and smoke. One guy pounded....I mean with his fists and said words that weren't very nice. It sounded threatening...LET ME IN...NOW! So we called the front desk and security was here in less than 5 minutes and all got quiet.

Day 3. We shopped at DTD....and I bought a DOONEY. Yes....got 12 of them now, but I share them with with DD. Then to EPCOT. I want you all to know...I did not spend a single thing in MOUSE GEARS! Very unusual. Bought some tea in Japan for DS. Then got a pearl..it is the green/black color. Kind of rare the girl said. DBF bought one and she got a pink one. We both got a cage setting for necklace or bracelet.

Then had dinner at Teppan Edo. It was very good. Then we went to get in line for the processional. Our seats were the best. The first 10 rows are for parents of the choir members right by the orchestra. Then we got front row center and it was spectacular. Gena Davis was just perfect. She sang with the choirs....clapped when the orchestra finished and she had a beautiful gown. I even loved watching the ASL lady. She showed so much emotion while she signed.

I know it sounds strange, but we have not done any rides. We shop, eat and just walk around and watch the people. The weather was nice today. about 70 or so. Our big wish was the CP...and now HS tomorrow.

10. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Hope your friends foot is ok

11. Debi

Debi Moderator

oh No, I hope your friend is okay . How awful, guests just do not pay attention or watch for other guests on EVC's . I do as I don't want to get run over plus its coutesy . I loved the candlelight procession ... brought tears to my eyes . Did you see the Santa's in the different countries ?
    I think Pop Warner is down there this time of year, but surprised to hear they were at Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World , usually at the value resorts .

12. scottDearinger

scottDearinger New Member

we got large pink pearl and had it set in a ring- that is a cool little ceremony and a fun souvenir. Enjoyed the big drum show at the pagoda also. Japan is cool.:)

13. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

What I didn't tell you is yesterday my friend started having chest pains....bad ones......but she refused to go to first aid. Said she wanted to make it home to her own doctor and our hospital. So we prayed....and called home to a certain group of church family members and then swore them to secrecy to not mention it to her husband. He's the type who would have gone to the airport and found a flight to get himself doen there. So we are home safe and she was going to tell him after they dropped me off. Kind of quiet here, husband flew to Minnesota today. Cat is still breathing...eating a few bites every day..still looks sick. Good to be home.

14. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Wow!!! That's scary about your friend. Has she told her DH yet? Chest pains shouldn't be ignored.

Glad you made it home safely.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk

15. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

She told her husband last night and he did exactly what I thought he would. She ended up in the ER last night after they dropped me off. Heard from them earlier this afternoon. Not her heart, not an embolisim, after in the ER for 10 hours, they still have no idea what it was. Her husband is just the nicest guys I know...but he has separation anxiety. He calls her every hour we are gone. If she doesn't answer (because she can't hear her phone) He calls me because he knows my phone vibrates and then rings, I pull out my phone, check caller ID and hand it too her...and say "it's for you"...every hour!

16. Debi

Debi Moderator

WoW and I thought my husband drove me nuts . Glad your friend was ok . Perhaps heartburn, that at times makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack .

17. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

WOW. Hope you friend is ok. Probably angina (gas) or could be heart burn but you usually can tell if that is it. I agree with the above post, chest pain should never be ignored and you definitely don't want to get aboard an airplane with chest pain.

Too bad about Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World, we really liked it there but no groups and no conventions going on and it was much quieter than the values when we stayed there. It did take us about 2 days to figure out the numbering system they used but once we knew our way around the place it was no big deal. I think the only time we will ever stay here is during Christmas break when it is just families staying.

As for your friends husband calling every hour, that is borderline psycho. Must have some trust issues going on. If I did that to my wife, she might divorce me. :unsure:

18. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

It is definitely not a trust issue....more like doesn't like to be separated. My husband never even calls when I am gone. I get a couple texts from him and the kids and I am good. I call at the end of the day and tell how the day has gone.

She has been in therapy for 8 weeks or so for an "impingement" or something on her right shoulder. We think pushing the wheelchair at the airport (when we get off the plane and go to DME might be what did the damage.

19. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

Well, I hope you still had a wonderful time and best wishes to your friend. My wife calls me in the evening and a few texts throughout the day like you two do, usually food pics as well, and we are fine with that.

20. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Your friend's DH sounds like my Mither-In-Law. She starts texting before our plane has even left the country. :hehe: