1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

weird conversation

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by dizneymom, Apr 5, 2012.

1. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Today at breakfast some lady came in to BOBs and said HI to me and called me by name. I have no clue who she is. But this is the 2nd time she did this. So I asked one of the waitresses and she said her name is Cheryl, and she is the mother of one of the dish washers. Still no clue....but today she saw my Dooney and Bourke and asked where I got it. Told her WDW. She asked me if I was getting excited about my trip...I said not really. It's paid for...just waiting. Then she said something very strange. She said, "It is strange you are so blaise about going to WDW for the 14th time." (She must listen when I talk to the girls) But I looked at her and said, "I am not going to WDW, I am going to my summer home!" Boy that sure shut her up. I guess I am excited to go but when you go every year like we have the last few years we just treat it like we are going to see family.

2. Pilotdog

Pilotdog New Member

Maybe she is a lurker on this site :spy: :lol:

3. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

I think I would have come right out and asked her if she was either a mind reader or an eavesdropper. I tend to be a failry easy going person, but cross the line and you will see just how nasty I can get...what this woman is doing sure would be close to crossing my line. Did she at least say how she knows you or is that still a mystery.

4. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

I didn't ask. I see her in there all the time. I go to breakfast everyday...same place. The girls all know me by my first name. Doesn't really bother me. DD used to work there. They all tease me about all my WDW trips. We send postcards to the place when we go... I guess she just listens to all my conversations. kind of freaks me out.

5. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

That is really strange.!

using Tapatalk

6. Debi

Debi Moderator

She's A Stalker ! Scary !!!

7. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

Very odd - dont like people like that

8. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

Yikes! That would annoy the heck out of me, especially comment about going to WDW. Some people have such empty lives they feel the need to nose around other people's lives.

9. DisneyGemma

DisneyGemma Moderator

I would assume that her daughter told her about you, since you come in every day? Doesnt seem too weird to me?

10. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Not DD. She hasn't worked there for 3 years. She must have just picked up on it from me telling the girls who work there. There are two girls are my 'regular' servers. They startat 6 am. I get there about 8 so I see them all the time. If one of the others that I don't see very often asks me....when you goin' to Disney as they pass me? I answer them....maybe that crazy lady hears me when I talk to 'my girls'. That is going to stop.

11. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

That is strange!! Nosey woman!!

12. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

As angry as a person like that makes me, I also wonder if she is juts incredibly lonely and is trying to feel like she has a friend to talk to. Not that it makes her behaviour any more normal, but hopefully she is just lonely and not a scary stalker

13. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

She comes in with daughter and granddaughter so she is not alone. I think she just wants to be a part of the group. Everyone on morning shift knows me. All the waitresses, hostess and even some of the cooks. They all say hi to me. There are others like me who are there every day, kind of like a club...we talk and say hi....but she's the only one who calls me by name. She comes in once a month or so and I think she wants to be part of the breakfast club.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012