1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!
  1. eeyorewells

eeyorewells Transferee

Okw or pofq..... that is the current choices for 2013. Pofq with full ddp for 3 weeks is 3807, okw 4080. Which one to go to thought. main problem is that we have never stayed in same place twice so pofq would be a return... could upset vikki she likes staying in different places... but i like the size of pofq.... what to do! Help!

2. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

Yes, I do like going to new places. I also liked the studio at Saratoga Springs Resort at WDW so I know I'd like having the little kitchen at Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW too.
    However, I really loved Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW when we stayed there, but that was only 2 weeks, never stayed in one place for 3 weeks.....

3. Bec

Bec Moderator

I think it's handy having the cooking and cleaning facilities with the kidlets.

4. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

:iagree: with Bec about the cooking/cleaning part being handy with Ben and Ava :) Plus you'd get to try out a new place too in Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW.

I've never stayed at either resort... however I do like the sound of the Deluxe Villa, rather than the moderate! BUT if I was staying as a mod, I'd choose Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW :)

5. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

I'd go for Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW, especially if you don't have a car the whole time.

6. AlecK

AlecK A Pirate's Life For Me

I'm not keen on Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW at all, it's way too spread out and the resort rooms are very uninspiring, plus if you're unlucky and get a room miles from the pool it will be a PITA with the kids. We had to drive to the pool on our last visit :no: I'm not over keen on Olivia's for dinner either, but breakfast is OK.

7. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

I've never stayed at Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW but do love Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW. I don't know what it is about Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW as I've never been inside the grounds but I just don't fancy it :unsure:

8. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer New Member

We do like Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW but it is all about individual tastes and choices, I am easily pleased and to me Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW villas were pretty and as I love my sleep and quiet ideal I love a kitchen to with 3 kids.- I did laugh at Paulas term 'retirement village' for it! But probably does describe it well! I see that as a postitive but I know others like to be in the middle of the action. Overall at Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW you will get the space, peace and relatively quiet bus service but food locations are not as good and yes there is a risk despite requests that you may be in a building that is located away from amenities. All that said I have never stayed at Port Orleans so cant compare the pairing.

9. Jon

Jon Moderator

i guess its really a trade off between the extra space and convenience of facilities. We had a drive around Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW and visited Olivia's last time and it there can be a fair old trek if you end up at some of the more far flung villas. That said, many overlook LBV Golf Course so that would be another plus for me (not so much Jo i'd guess :hehe: )

At Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW, you know you wont have far to go whichever block you end up and if you don't have a car to get around? then much handier for buses.

10. Alanandali

Alanandali New Member

Not if we're playing. :golf: Have visited many of those garden areas and Al's bounced off the Villas too. I've always said I wouldn't be able to relax due to possible stray golf balls (at certain locations) if I was staying there! Some villas do have great (and safe!) viewpoints though.
    Ali

11. carlene

carlene New Member

a vote for pofq here, we always stay there as we love the size of the complex.

12. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

We stayed at Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW for 18 nights (or was it 19) on the trip before last and didn't tire of the place. There was a fab doorman there, Arneil, dressed in full mardi gras costume. He gave plastic coins to the girls each day as we left. He got to know us and the girls loved seeing him each day.

13. Jon

Jon Moderator

I've only played LBV once (with a certain USCWest :) ) and remember a few holes where the villa's came within striking distance.
    Never got too close a look thankfully :hehe: I'm sure you can request a location away from the course if you'd rather not be disturbed by Pro V1's or Pinnacles dropping by unannounced. :D

14. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

I've never been to Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW but I think I would choose Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW. I'm hoping to stay there next visit.

15. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

Hum, a lot of people suggesting Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW. Wasn't expecting that. Might have to seriously consider it now, I always just assumed we'd be at Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW....

16. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

For some reason you can't book the last week in august at Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW. Strange....

17. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

:shrug: I wonder why Vikki... maybe give Disney a call?

18. Pinoke76

Pinoke76 New Member

I would vote for Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW simply for the in room benefits. Whilst some of the rooms are a little out of the way, the rooms are much bigger and the resort has been very quiet on our two trips.
    We weren't happy with where our room was on the second visit (mainly because we had read review after review about how bad it was to be so far from the centre) but after a little reflection we realised it wasn't really causing us that much hassle (we go to water parks rather than the resort pool if we are planning a relaxing day and shopped offsite for food/drink)

I also think they try and accomodate you closer if you say you don't have a car - they certainly did for us our 2008 trip without a car.

19. PaulaK

PaulaK Moderator

Studios really only have a microwave and a hoover when it comes to cooking/cleaning. Who does those things on holiday though anyway? :lol:

20. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

We certainly wouldn't :lol: we did use the toaster a lot at Saratoga Springs Resort at WDW though. I just wonder why we can't get 3 weeks at Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW on the Disney site....