1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would you want to see at WDW that would make you book sooner?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Planning' started by Disney Dad, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

With all of the new rooms at the Art of Animation Resort and the availability of mini fridges at all Value Resorts; and WiFi in all resorts, I was wondering what other perks or amenities members would like to see in place at WDW that would help make the need to go to WDW even stronger? My wish would be that all resorts had jacuzzi tubs. After a day of walking through the parks I could really use a good soak. Having to upgrade to a Deluxe Resort level to get that means a longer wait to go for me--so far I have managed to suck it up and stay at a less expensive resort...but it would be a great incentive to make me hurry back :)

2. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

Believe it or not a proper schedule for the transportation system. Being able to time leaving the room/park knowing you won't be waiting 20 minutes or more for a bus or being able to get to an ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) on time would be excellent. They could just print up timetables and put them in the welcome pack.

3. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

Nothing. I always want to go back sooner :wink:

4. tweenie123

tweenie123 Moderator

Me too!

5. TimonAndPumba

TimonAndPumba Disney-holic Family

:iagree: :D

A jacuzzi tub would be lovely too though :yes:

It's always the small touches that really make the difference though - just good service - sometimes this can be hit or miss :unsure:

6. dizneymom

dizneymom New Member

Last January we stayed at Riverside. We were so blessed. We would go to the bus stop and within just a few minutes the bus we needed would suddenly appear. In December we stayed at Coronado Springs and it seemed like we waited 20-30 minutes for a bus--everytime! One time the bus we needed pulled up and dropped off people and immediately went out of service. The driver said it just quit. He called for another bus and it got there in 15 minutes but then there were enough people waiting to fill three buses! We got on first because of the scooter, but I am sure some people waited through 3 buses before they got on.

7. SportsMickey

SportsMickey A walking SportsCenter

DisneyDad - there are hot tubs at Moderates and up.

I like there being little differences between the categories - it's what makes them different from each other

8. Pilotdog

Pilotdog New Member

Lower food cost would be good, but they keep going up and not down. :( What would really get me back has nothing to do with Disney, but with airfare. Last time we went we paid $200 per person round trip (which I know was a great price) now it is $450 to $500 per person.

9. SportsMickey

SportsMickey A walking SportsCenter

I'm excited that MisterE and I got our roundtrip LA airfair for $200 each roundtrip :thumbs:

Gas prices going up doesn't help airfare prices :nono:

10. littlepickering

littlepickering New Member

An unlimited fast pass or the ability to get 10 fast passes at the start of the day at the front of the park!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Cheaper tickets. The room/food I can always swing.....its getting in that keeps me out :(

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk

12. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

I agree - cheaper flights from the UK would help

13. Pilotdog

Pilotdog New Member

I agree ThinkTink park tickets are crazy expensive.

14. Indydisneyfan

Indydisneyfan New Member

1) Cheaper food or tickets
    2) Sauna, steam room or hot tubs

15. MKJo

MKJo Moderator

For us it's the total cost (airfare, food, etc) that stops us going back sooner rather than the amenities.
    That said, I like the ideas of the Fastpasses (probably unworkable though), and having a jacuzzi bath in the resort rooms, and it would be nice to see a better, less crowded bus service.

16. eeyorewells

eeyorewells Transferee

I agree about the buses, the number of times you get to the stop and wait.....and wait... and wait drives me crazy... especially when it seems like 20 buses come and go all going to everywhere except where you want to go. One time we were sat for about 30 minutes and 4 MK buses came past and at one point 2 of them were following each other.

17. ThinkTink

ThinkTink Moderator

Not that it stopps me from going, but man it would be nice if the value bus stops were covered!

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk

18. Disney Dad

Disney Dad Disney Enthusiast

I don't see why in this ager of computer real time that they couldn't have kiosk set up at the front of the park for Fast Pass attractions. Then guests could of the Fastpass before opening and there would be no mad dash into the park. Still need to have some set rules like only 2 active fastpass at a time and not being able to get another fastpass before one is used or past its time. If they had this available then people could spend a little more time walking into the park...getting a cinamon roll or coffee and not passing by the shops to get that fastpass before its too late.

19. akdisneygirl

akdisneygirl New Member

It looks like we won't be going back till spring of 2014-I have never been to the Flower and Garden festival, so we will go in that time frame. We have always gone in winter so it should be fun. Probably the only thing that would get me there sooner is a Mary Blair Exhibit. I am crazy about all her stuff, and if they were having some kind of special exhibit, I would make the time and find the money to go sooner.

20. Steamboat Willie

Steamboat Willie New Member

Obviously cheaper prices.

I would love to see an expansion of the monorail to at least all theme parks, the Boardwalk and DTD, but that will never happen because it is far too expensive.

The option of whether to get an appetiser or dessert on your DDP would be good.