1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WoW

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by Debi, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Debi

Debi Moderator

I stepped on the scale yesterday :afraid: with the stress I've been turning to food . I gained all the weight I lost + 2 pounds . :eek: Thats 162 .
    I'm going to join a gym and start walking if it ever stops raining . I'm going grocery shopping and buying lots of lettuce . I can not believe that I am this heavy . I was 128, 3 years ago . :eek:
    Although I have one thing I never had before :lol: might have to rethink a strapless gown . :wink: I told my BFF, whichever gown I choose, I'm ordering it in a size 10 . I'll have no other choice but too lose weight . :lol:

2. Disney Kelly

Disney Kelly New Member

Hey, know the feeling. I'm at the gym x3 times a wk now: spinning, Zumba and Fitball ready for sept WDW trip :eek: I'm actually enjoying it de-stressing from my work etc. However, Im a sucker for capuccinos, pizza, nacho, cupcakes and cinnamon swirls, so i need to wean off these now :rolleyes:.

Goodluck with the weightloss :)

3. Minnietracey

Minnietracey New Member

I so know that feeling. My clothes are getting tighter and I'm too scared to stand on the scales, I know what they will say.
    I lost all my baby weight from having DS who is now 4 in less than a year, kept it off for the best part of 1 but it has slowly been creeping back on. So I entered the london2012 marathon ballot last Tuesay. You only get a 1 in 7 chance of getting a place that way and you have to wait for October to see if you get a place, or try for a charity where you neet to raise about £2000. If I can't get a place I'm determined to do the running training anyway and do a spring marathon somewhere if I can't get to London. The last time I lost lots of the weight I was training for a half marathon.

4. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer New Member

Yep I turn to food too in times of stress it is hard you know that eating will make you put the weight in but cant stop!! Unfortunately I am also the same with red wine too!! I have been following the new ww pro points plan have you got that new version in the US? it is so much easier to do. I've lost 50 pounds so far and am very pleased, which ever way you choose you can do it!!

5. Debi

Debi Moderator

Wow, that's great DayDreamer ! You Go Girl !
    I do not know about the ww pro point plan, fill me in ?

6. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

I was doing really well, but, in the last month or so work has become quite difficult with my boss who has made it quite plain she doesn't like me on a personal level (there's nothing wrong with my work ethic), so much so that I'm thinking of quitting as the stress is really affecting me, I' m eating more and my weight loss has come to a standstill. I'm asking myself all the time if it's worth the hassle.

7. Minnietracey

Minnietracey New Member

I think we need a dedicated thread to support each other in our quests to get fit, healthy and de-stress.

8. Damfino

Damfino Obsession, by Walt Disney

Good idea

9. lizzx10r

lizzx10r New Member

I was doing so well, I have lost 14lbs in a month, then a routine blood test shows I have a overactive thyroid. I am now on tablets and awaiting to see a consultant. Its first, I have managed to lose weight on a diet.

10. Disney Kelly

Disney Kelly New Member

Damfino, Thats awful you should feel like that (sounds like a bully), google Cortisol and stress levels there is research evidence to suggest when you are stressed you can release too much cortisol (Stress Hormone) which leads to a number of negative problems such as: suppressed thyroid function, High BP and increased abdo fat amongst others. However relaxing after the hormone is released (fight or flight) helps the body relax and producing more positive effects of cortisol like proper glucose metabolism. If leaving your current role will contribute you to less stress then go for it, think of yourself.

11. Vikki

Vikki Moderator

I agree! I really want to get rid of as much if this baby weight as I can before we go to wdw :yes:

12. SportsMickey

SportsMickey A walking SportsCenter

Debi if you are buying a traditional wedding gown (vs a white dress) size up. I weigh less than you and I think I am taller. I wear an 8-10 in jeans etc and my wedding gown is a 14. They always run small

13. Debi

Debi Moderator

Yikes, Thank You for that tip .

14. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer New Member

Hi Debi, Here is a brief over view it is called ww pro points and they have completely changed the way the points system works so that the points value of foods is now worked out using protein and carbs information as opposed to sat fat. Basically the protein items are lower in points than the carbs items. Each food has a points number allocated to them for example chicken breast is now 4 points. You get a points allowance each day to use up on food mine is 29 points, this allowance is renewed each day so you dont have to starve the next day if you use up all the points. But the very best bit about the diet is you now get an extra 49 points to spend on top of all the other points on anything you want such as wine, takeaway, chocolate! You can also earn even more points from excercise. I cant believe it works I eat at least 1 take away, 2 choc bars and a bottle of wine a week and still lose weight!! I am really pleased with my 50 pounds lost as a I felt awful and was very large, I still have a lot to lose so it would be great if we could do a support thread. Here is the link I have for our pro points site but I dont know if it may reroute you the US version:
    http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/Index.aspx

It would be great to support each other I know we can do it!

15. Debi

Debi Moderator

Day Dreamer ... OK, I've been so daft with all the stress . We have weight warchers . :yes: a friends daughter was always overweight and went on ww . :wow: She went from like a 16 to a 6 .
    Jim & I have decided to put our future plans on hold except for our cruise, but regardless , I need energy & exercise and need to lose . I started a new thread ! :D

16. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer New Member

Hi I thought you would have weight watchers but is it on the new pro points plan with all those extra points as it is all the extra flexibilty that makes it worth it! I will start and write now on the new thread started for weight loss!

17. leslie1983

leslie1983 New Member

Hey Debi, I tried ww and it never worked for me. At the beginning of this year I downloaded an app on my phone, cal counter, it has pretty much every food that you can buy programed into it and every time I ate something I would look it up and it would count towards my daily calories. i think it was a free app too. Anyways, I had to do 500 cals a day for the first month to kick start the weight loss and the first week really sucked but after that it was really easy. Lost 30 lbs so far!

18. Debi

Debi Moderator

That is fabulous leslie ! Great Job :clap:
    Thanks for the info !