Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Supreme Cast Member Indydisneyfan's Avatar

Christmas trip 2010

Christmas Vacation Day 1 12/19/10
      Arrival day Dec. 19th

We arrived at the airport by noon for our 2 p.m. flight. First time flying out of Detroit and we were impressed. Very easy to navigate and very clean. It took us all of about 20 minutes to check bags and go through the body scanner. With all this spare time we walked around our concourse, ate lunch, watched some of the Colts football game and then we boarded our plane around 1:40. We taxied out, deiced(very neat, looks like a big car wash) then we arrived at MCO right on time (4:45)to a balmy 50 degrees and cloudy. Went down to the 1st floor to the Disney Magic Express Desk. We boarded our bus and 45 minutes later we arrived at Coronado Springs Resort. We checked in, put our carry on in the room by 6:20 and we were in line for the bus to MK for the MVMCP:ohyes.

We got to MK by 7 and headed to the rides while taking in the Christmas decorations. Before the parade started we rode Space Mtn., The Haunted Mansion, People Mover Tomorrowland Transit Authority at WDW Magic Kingdom, Big Thunder Mtn., P of TC while drinking hot chocolate and eating sugar cookies. It is now around 10, the temps are hovering at 40 and I have a major headache. We stopped at Tomorrowland Terrace for a small dinner (burgers and fries). After eating a few bites I headed to the bathroom and dinner came right back up Not the way I intended our vacation to start. I came back to the table and now our sons stomach is not feeling well. We decided to call it a night, unfortunately we missed the parade and headed back to CS by 11.

Notes from day 1. We love Magic Express. When you get on that bus you know your vacation at Disney has started. CS is a beautiful resort with wonderful decor. Plenty of activities: 5 pools, 22 person hot tub, water slide, 2 bars outdoors, marina, bike rentals, fishing, arcade, 2 restaurants, a cafe and a food court plus gift shop, weight room with sauna, a spa along with HS internet in the room and wifi in the lobby and restaurants. This was our first time at a Moderate Resort and we were pleased. I will try and post pics later in these posts or just do a separte post. I will also do a Likes/Dislikes of our trip as well.

Stay tuned for more

2003 Honeymoon Orange Lake CC
      2005 Christmas All Star Sports
      2007 Summer All Star Sports
      2010 Christmas Coronado Springs Resort
      2011 All Star Movies F&W Festival
      2012 Pop Century F&G Festival
      2013 POR and Orange Lake CC

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well your first night .
      Have not stayed at Coronado Springs but it sounds wonderful .

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Supreme Cast Member Indydisneyfan's Avatar
      It is wonderful. Not a good way to start vacation off. I sent you a PM. I should have posted this in the trip section.

2003 Honeymoon Orange Lake CC
      2005 Christmas All Star Sports
      2007 Summer All Star Sports
      2010 Christmas Coronado Springs Resort
      2011 All Star Movies F&W Festival
      2012 Pop Century F&G Festival
      2013 POR and Orange Lake CC

I can't move it over to TR as I'm at moms on my IPhone . I'll do it later once home . Unless one of the others gets to it first . LOL

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World