Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Pre-trip report

Hi, only 2 weeks and 6 days till our holiday, very excited and sad, as this will be our last visit to WDW for at least 5 years :(

The Cast

Me Carlene (44)

DH John (44)

DD Caitlin (14)

DS Connor (12 for one day of our holiday then turns into a teenager :eek:)

Name:  PB130068.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  94.3 KB

DC Kitty (3)

Name:  kitty 001.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  37.4 KB

As in previous years Kitty stays at home, our neighbour looks after her while we're away, this time we thought we would make it easier and fit a cat flap so Kitty can come and go as she pleases, easy you'd think, but no she wont go out through it but will come in through it so we have had to tape the flap open, now she uses it both way's, don't figure

Name:  kitty 003.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  72.1 KB

Cases are out and we have started packing. DH and i went shopping yesterday with a long list of things we needed, cossie for me swim trunks for him and DS, tops and shorts, got nearly everything we needed plus a few bits we didn't mainly another pair of sunglasses for me, these are like what shoes and bags are to other women my collection now stands at 10 pairs which i think is quite reasonable :D

Name:  kitty 002.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  glasses 004.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  41.8 KB

The Itinery

The Day Before We Fly

We start our journey on the Friday, i have the day off to finish any last minute jobs and give the house the once over .The children will go to school until 12.15,then my parents will go and collect them and go straight to the train station (15 mins away) when there they will get changed in the toilets at the station. John is also at work until 12.15 luckily he only works 5mins away so its a mad dash home shower and change, then we're off to the station (10mins away from our house) to meet up with my parents and the children to hopefully catch the 12.53 train for no road works.

Once on the train it takes us directly to King's Cross station (1hr 30mins) we then head over to St pancras station (via a short sub-way walk) and take the train straight to Gatwick, (45min) then into the lift and straight to twilight check in. Overall journey time is around 2hrs 15mins, not bad going as we live approx 100 miles away, and with the added bonus of no stress from driving

Once this is all done we will walk over to the hotel and check in, put our backpacks in the room and then have a wonder around the hotel, we will then have an early dinner, this is included in our stay along with breakfast, they are both buffet style opptions, and the choice's are fantastic and we tend to over indulge :D but hey it is the start of our holiday.

After dinner we head back to the room for an early night like that will happen, on previous trips we sit and talk about our plans and the itinery, and if we've been lucky with our room location we can see the planes come and go, its usually quite late when we fall asleep.

Saturday

We need to be up and ready for breakfast at about 8.30am, after breakfast we head back to our room and chill for a while then check out and walk over to the airport.
      Once through security we head for Franky and Bennies, get a window seat, order a drink and sit and watch the planes until its time to board, i usually go and have a wonder around duty free and get some snacks for the plane.
      We are on the 11.15am flight with Virgin on the boeing 747 originally our flight was due to leave at 11.35 but was changed, at least this time the change is in our favour as last time they changed it from the morning flight to the afternoon flight :(

Due to land at MCO at 3.35pm local time, through security collect luggage and onto DME to Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW, this will be our third time staying here, we love the style and the size of they complex,(bonus is the rooms have just all been refurbished) plus the fact there is only one bus stop, and a boat ride to DTD, who could ask for more :D

While i check in john will give my parents a quick call to let them know we are here, they worry bless them. When i check in i need to make sure the cake is ordered and being delivered to C/mickeys for our reservation the next evening and book a wake up call from Goofy, all suprises for DS (and caitlin, couldn't tell her as she wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret)
      Once checked in (we are hoping for building two top floor) and cases in room we will head straight to DTD on the boat, we plan to eat at Wolf Gang Pucks that night if we can get a seat. after dinner we will wonder back looking in the shops as we head back to the boat to return to the hotel. when back at the room we will unpack our cases and get ready for bed.
      when the children are asleep we will decorate the room ready for Connors 13th Birthday the next morning.

carlene

Sounds great so far :)

Sounds Wonderful !

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Jon
      Sounds like you have it pretty well sussed
      Hopefully the trains won't be too busy at that time of day.
      Another Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW fan here! :) Look forward to hearing all about it soon.

thanks for your replies :)
      carlene

Sounds more like an actual trippie than a pre trippie lol, it's so detailed.

Love the pic of all the sunglasses I have a thing about sunglasses only I keep breaking mine! Just an excuse to get more, great pre trippie you sound well organised!

thanks for your replies, yes i do tend to go a little over the top with planning, but if im not organised i send myself crazy with worry, today i have printed off all the check list, park opening including Extra Magic Hour for each park on each day, our itinery and suitcase check list
      carlene

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World