Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
      Looks like a great first day! She looks very cute in her Aurora dress :)
      You fit so much into the day I'm exhausted just reading it
      Looking forward to the next installment!
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Looking forward to reading about your next day!

$45 for four balloons!!

Cath

I just got all caught up Mandy . You have written excellent TR's with fabulous pictures . Your children are lovely .
      FYI, you can now get an AP discount at all the park & resort stores . They only just started that within the past two years .
      Now get writing more ...

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

More report please

Junior Cast Member
      lol - you guys crack me up
      I am really glad you are enjoying it - I kept a detailed diary when i was there so I could write a very detailed TR lol - I am loving going through what I have written lol

now onto the next day

Day 6 – 2nd April 2011 – Epcot

We woke up at 7.30 this morning then had a nice relaxed breakfast. Decided to take it easy so we took the kids for a swim at the timeshare’s pool.

Charlotte refused to come in as she is a total scaredy cat – she kept saying she wanted back at the Polynesian pool cause it’s zero entry. Poor little thing.

After the swim we showered then had lunch.

Gary wasn’t well by this point – he had been in and out of bed with bad narcolepsy/cataplexy nap attacks. WE had to take the awful decision to leave him at the timeshare whilst we went to Epcot. It was horrible doing this, but Gary didn’t want to spoil everyone’s day.

It was 3pm when we went to Epcot – manages to get a disabled parking bay on the very first row which was a great help.

We all love Epcot. The kids were in awe of the Toy Story flowers they had at the entrance

Attachment 2830

Attachment 2831

First stop was spaceship earth. Charlotte freaked whilst waiting in queue and screamed to go to the toilet – luckily there was a wait so my mum took her to loo and was back before we went inside. She screamed as usual cause of the dark. She also thought the animatronic people were going to get her lol

None of us had seen this since it chance and we were all shocked to hear Judi Dench’s voice – I love her! I usually don’t like changes at wdw (especially on the TTC) but this one I liked

We also loved the bit at the end when your pictures come up – extremely interactive and very funny. Not often one of my kids makes me dinner lol

After this we headed for the Seas – again we had not been here since nemo was introduced and we were all so excited, except for Charlotte who, again, freaked out as she thought we were going in to see Bruce and she was going absolutely mental. I managed to get her on, but she was very scared. She eventually liked it at the end when Nemo and friends swim with the real fish lol

Attachment 2833

Attachment 2832

Attachment 2834

Next up was out first character meeting – Chip and Dale. This was very funny and Louie gave them both a kiss.

Attachment 2819

It was so hot now and Charlotte again said she needed a wee, so we headed towards the toilets near figment. This is where I became chief nappy/toilet woman and had a constant flow of children to change – phew!!

Once I got Rebecca and Louie’s nappies changed (so glad this was a quiet toilet as no where has any private larger changing units for older kids – just had to manage using usual baby changing bits. I am just so glad there wasn’t anyone in here so it was kinda private) we headed off to find mum and dad with Rachel and Charlotte – they had stopped at the jumping waters and Rachel and charlotte was soaked. This was always one of my favourite spots as a child and it’s so lovely seeing my own kids enjoying it.

Rebecca did attempt to join in, but she slipped on the water and bashed her knee – that was her not wanting to play so remained in her buggy. Rebecca doesn’t like attention when she hurts herself and she always tries to remove herself from the situation and wont speak for a long time.

Rachel started to get a sore foot cause her trainer soaks mixed with water were rubbing on her trainers – blister was forming eek! Queue an emergency trip to find some crocs. Obviously with 3 little girls I cant get away with buying one child crocs – they all wanted them. I was slightly shocked at the price of these just cause the had Mickey ears instead of normal circle wholes. But we needed them and they came in handy when getting wet. Just wish I had taken our own ones from home as we could have saved a bit of money.

We then had to stop for ice creams to cool us down So we got some cookies and creams, strawberry lolly, twisted lolly thing and a sprite. The darn things meted before they touched our mouths it was that hot. SSO it was gobble gobble gobble quick

Next we headed for World showcase – it was after 5 so we decided to find somewhere to get the kdis food. We made our way to America via the Canada way

Attachment 2827

Attachment 2825

Attachment 2824

When we arrived Japan we watched a group on drums which were really good. Rachel decided Japan was her favourite and she definitely wants to come back and look around more lol.

After the band finished we heard the music starting at America and the flower power concert – it was Starship so my mum was freaking out and started dancing lol.

Rebecca then needed her nappy changed so I had to take her to the toilets in America (I had never realised before that it’s only every other country that has restrooms – how odd?) anyway – these toilets seem to be a loooong way up the side of the restaurant and not very big – compact changing unit which was very tricky when you have a large 5 and a half year old to lie full out and try and change. My mum helped me to try and block people was seeing as it wasn’t private at all.

Then we had tea – REPORT HERE

After tea we had yet another toilet/nappy change break – I truly was exhausted as it could take up to 40 minutes to get everyone changed lol

It was very dark by now so we headed back towards spaceship earth the opposite way we came in – quickly stopped at Norway to take Rachel on the Maelstrom cause it seemed quite quiet lol. Another BIG mistake – Splash Mountain has ruined her and any hint of a drop and she is screaming lol

On way out we peeked inside the Norway restaurant and spotted the Princesses – OMG I had 2 little girls who were desperate to see them (Rebecca even smiled and said she wanted to eat there). Ooooh I wish we had had enough money to have kept our ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) here – maybe next time.

We then headed back to the car – the illumination fireworks began and we all agreed we wanted to come back to watch them with daddy.

We arrived home very tired at 9.30pm – oops poor Gary has not had any tea and was very bored.

As we were staying in my mum and dad’s unit with them for a couple of days we were punted off to bed (this happens a lot with my mum as she likes her peace lol

Next up – mother’s day UK tomorrow
      Last edited by *Mummy*Mouse*; 01-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Great report - love the photos

Quote Originally Posted by MandyG View Post
      Yippee - finally found the ooomf to start this.
      Been back over a week now and still suffering from the blues :(
      to make us all happy every member of my family (being myself, Gary and the 4 kiddies) have decided we want to go back loads of times lol so lots of planning to do

I hope I can keep things easy on this report so I will do it by day and link it to this first post

Hope you enjoy it :D
      This has been so fun to read, and so well organized! You are an amazing person, I don't know of anyone would could handle so many children and health issues and still have the ability to recreate all your information in such a wonderful review!

Thanks for taking the time and well done!

Sandy

What a great day! I agree with Sandy - you are an amazingly strong woman to tackle all of the needs of the children while being able to keep things simple and fun at Walt Disney World! I think they'll remember this trip forever!!!
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Junior Cast Member
      Quote Originally Posted by spdblondie View Post
      This has been so fun to read, and so well organized! You are an amazing person, I don't know of anyone would could handle so many children and health issues and still have the ability to recreate all your information in such a wonderful review!

Thanks for taking the time and well done!

Sandy
      Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
      What a great day! I agree with Sandy - you are an amazingly strong woman to tackle all of the needs of the children while being able to keep things simple and fun at Walt Disney World! I think they'll remember this trip forever!!!

that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!

Thank you both. It is extremely difficult, but we refuse to waste our lives being depressed about things we cannot change.

This holiday meant a lot and we really just wanted to treat the kids as they suffer so much!

xxxxxxx

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World