Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
      Great - cannot wait - thanks

Can't wait for the next part! I am really enjoying your trip report.

Love the report so far, what fab surprises! My OH would absolutely love that cake, he's such a Star Wars fan! Looking forward to reading the rest :) x
      1996 - 1997- 1999 - 2001 - 2003 - 2007 - 2010... currently planning 2013, my Disney wedding!

Day 4

Day 4 began very early so that we could get to Disney Hollywood Studios theme park at WDW in time for rope drop since it was our only day there and I wanted to make sure we got on Toy Story Mania without a long wait. We didnít have to wait too long for a bus and most people were headed to the Animal Kingdom so we lucked out with a seat. We made it to Disney Hollywood Studios theme park at WDW on time and Teenie and I headed right back to Toy Story with everyoneís fast passes. We ended up getting an 11:30 return time which I was very happy with. The line was only 20 minutes long but everyone else voted to get on some other rides before our fast pass time. We ended up splitting up with my dad, Bobby, Teenie, and Chuck heading to Rock n Roller Coaster while my mom and I headed to the Muppets and The Little Mermaid.

Once we met back up we all grabbed a quick photo with the singing in the rain umbrella. For some reason I always want to get a picture with it but then either forget or canít find it each trip so I was happy to find it this time.

Then we split up again with Bobby, Teenie and Chuck jumping on the Backlot Tour while the rest of us did the Walt One Manís Dream movie. Once we met back up again it was time for Toy Story. Everyone seemed to really enjoy this ride. It was one of my favorites from our honeymoon. I just wish it wasnít so busy. I only ever seem to get on it once every trip. We were getting close to lunch time so we started to make our way to 50ís Prime Time Cafť but not before one more stop at the Muppets for everyone who had missed it that morning.

We only waited about 5 minutes to be seated at 50ís Prime Time after we checked in.

My mom, Chuck and I were excited to eat here since we had great experiences in the past but Iím sad to say this time we didnít luck out. I canít remember our servers name but she was awful. We waited about 10 minutes after being seated to place our drink order and it was actually with another server that noticed that our server hadnít stopped to greet us yet. Our server just wasnít into character at all and to be honest wasnít a good server in general. That being said almost everyoneís food was excellent. My dad and I got the always good friend chicken, Chuck got the chicken pot pie which he loved, my brother and my mom got the meatloaf which they raved about. Teenie ended up getting a chicken sandwich that she wasnít crazy about especially since the chicken was dry. While the food was very good I donít think weíll be eating here on our next trip. Weíve always loved it but the service was really bad so I think weíll skip it for something else. After lunch we walked over to Star Tours to check to see if it was opened since the grand reopening wasnít for another couple of days and we lucked out because it was. Chuck was really excited since heís a huge Star Wars fan. Everyone went on except my mom and we all loved the new version. Bobby, Teenie, Chuck, and I jumped on a second time too and lucked out by having a different version than the first one.

After that we made our way to the other side of the park but not before stopping for a couple of photos.

We also stopped for a couple of photo pass pictures. I can't ever resist a photo pass photographer.

We then stopped off to see the Beauty and the Beast show.

I hadnít seen the show since our 1998 trip and it was great. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie and the music is always good. After that we jumped on Tower of Terror a couple of times (I lost count). I love this ride and I really love riding it and then getting right back in line several times. Itís fun! It was getting close to our dinner ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) in Epcot so we said goodbye to Disney Hollywood Studios theme park at WDW (not before we did some shopping) and jumped on the boat to head over to the World Showcase.

We arrived at World Showcase and started our journey over to Teppan Edo but not before one more photo pass pic and also some shopping along the way. Can you ever go wrong with shopping in Disney World???

Iíll be the first to admit that I had no desire to eat at Teppan Edo. We had eaten there in 1998 and it was a great meal but I just felt like I could go somewhere local and get the same meal. Chuck, Bobby and Teenie wanted to try it so I had to give in and Iím so happy I did. This meal was amazing! We were seated within 15 minutes of checking in and we ended up with a couple and their small daughter at our table.

Our chef was Ken and he was amazing and very funny. Bobby is allergic to soy sauce and the staff was great with working with him to make his food first. My mom and I were still a little full from lunch so we decided to split a meal. We went with the steak and shrimp with my mom taking the steak since she doesnít like seafood and me taking the shrimp. I also got a plum wine to drink (yummy!). Everyoneís meal was amazing! I especially liked dipping the shrimp in the white sauce they gave you. Iím so happy I listened to Teenie and made an ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) here. Itís on my list to go back to on our next trip. Since we had a late ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) (8:00PM) Epcot was closed when we came out from dinner so we made our way to the front of the park but not before checking out some of the topiaries from the Flower and Garden Festival.

Since we got out of dinner so late there was no line for the busses. I love getting to jump right on and getting a seat right away at the end of the night. We ended up being the only ones of the bus so our driver took us right to our stop. Once back in the room we all crashed for the night. The next day was our Universal Studios day which meant it was going to be another early morning.

Up nextÖButterbeer!!!

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

1989 Grand Floridian ~ 1996 Grand Floridian ~ 1998 Beach Club ~ 2008 Pop Century ~ 2009 Polynesian ~ 2011 Caribbean Beach ~ June 2014 Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKate View Post
      Love the report so far, what fab surprises! My OH would absolutely love that cake, he's such a Star Wars fan! Looking forward to reading the rest :) x
      Thanks! The Star Wars cake really turned out great. It was the best cake I have ever tasted too!

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

1989 Grand Floridian ~ 1996 Grand Floridian ~ 1998 Beach Club ~ 2008 Pop Century ~ 2009 Polynesian ~ 2011 Caribbean Beach ~ June 2014 Wilderness Lodge

Great report! Teppan Edo, yum! Looking forward to your Universal Studios day because we haven't tried Harry Potter's section yet.

Great report - more please

Quick Life Update

I work all weekend but I'm going to try and get another update together for Monday but I thought I would just post a quick life update. Obviously if you've seen my countdowns then you know I'm pregnant! We just came back from our first ultrasound appointment and I wanted to post Baby D's first photo.

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Meg1884 View Post
      I work all weekend but I'm going to try and get another update together for Monday but I thought I would just post a quick life update. Obviously if you've seen my countdowns then you know I'm pregnant! We just came back from our first ultrasound appointment and I wanted to post Baby D's first photo.

Nice photo. Aren't ultrasounds cool! I remember the first ultrasound photo of my oldest DD. I went around showing it to any nurse that we encountered on the way out of the clinic.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World