Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by USCWest View Post
      I can't believe you got such good shots of the lions. I have barely even seen the female but never the male on any of our trips. Donald's breakfast sounds good. We've not done it yet. The one time we had it planned is the day the car decided that the windows wouldn't go up and down any more and we had to take it to the shop. Hope to get it done someday. Thanks for sharing your photos.
      The Donald breakfast is a must for us now. A lot of times we don't love the character breakfast since the food isn't always great but this one was really good. Plus it is right near the safari so you can be in the park before it opens and be one of the first to ride when it opens.

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

1989 Grand Floridian ~ 1996 Grand Floridian ~ 1998 Beach Club ~ 2008 Pop Century ~ 2009 Polynesian ~ 2011 Caribbean Beach ~ June 2014 Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
      I"m going to be really :( when you end this trippie! You've done a great job with it. I can't believe how much you get accomplished in a day!
      Thanks! I'm going to be bummed when it's over too. I would love to get started on my next pre-trip report but it's probably way too early for that. LOL

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

1989 Grand Floridian ~ 1996 Grand Floridian ~ 1998 Beach Club ~ 2008 Pop Century ~ 2009 Polynesian ~ 2011 Caribbean Beach ~ June 2014 Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by Meg1884 View Post
      Thanks! I'm going to be bummed when it's over too. I would love to get started on my next pre-trip report but it's probably way too early for that. LOL
      I know the feeling !
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Day 7

Once again we were up bright and early. It was the last full day of the trip so we wanted to make the most of it. Iíll start this off by saying that we had ADRís for tea at the Grand Floridian today along with dinner at Jiko but decided to cancel both so we could spend the most time possible in the parks. Both are now on our list for places to eat at for 2014.

We dressed and quickly grabbed the bus for Magic Kingdom (to me there is no better way to begin and end a trip than at the Magic Kingdom). Before long we were pulling up to the gates. The weather was perfect again (we really lucked out all week since it only rained for a couple hours the day of Chuckís birthday celebration). We had just missed the opening show but at least we were able to grab a quick picture in front of the train station.

Once we got to Main Street we went to get in line for pictures with the princesses and Mickey. Since Toon Town was now closed for good (this makes me sad) the pictures we set up near the front of the park right by Tonyís restaurant. We jumped in line for the princesses first and ended up waiting about 15 minutes. First up was this lovely ladyÖ

Next was my favorite princessÖ

Finally we met AuroraÖcan I just ask what is with her bangs? I know that is such a girly thing to say but my sister and I couldnít help but notice them. They look awful! LOL Ok rant overÖ

After the princesses we jumped in a much shorter line for these twoÖ

Once we walked outside we saw that Pluto was taking pictures in front of the castle so we jumped right in line for him.

We finally started down Main Street but not before a couple castle pictures since this was our last chance for them.

Now that we got all of the pictures out of the way it was time for some rides. While we were talking about what to go on first Bobby was grabbed but this lovely lady for a quick dance.

This was so funny! Iím pretty sure my dad got it on video too but he has all the videos at his house so Iím not 100% sure. We decided to start in Fantasyland so we could jump on Mickeyís Philharmagic again. Before we got in line for that though my mom and I stopped for a picture with these crazy ladies.

While we did that Bobby and Teenie got in line for Peter Pan.

I had wanted to try and see Rapunzel and Flynn Rider but the line was insane so we skipped it instead for Philharmagic. The show was great as usual and when we got off we did some shopping in the store attached. Peter Pan was next but the line was crazy so we grabbed some fast passes for later. We also got a bonus fast pass for Philharmagic that we never used (we never got back on plus the line was never long enough for a fast pass). We decided to head over to Tomorrowland since we hadnít gotten on Space Mountain yet. Bobby, Teenie, my dad and Chuck decided to head over to grab some fast passes for that and go on Stitchís Great Escape so they headed off. My mom and I had no desire to go on Stitch since we had done it together when it was just the two of us in 2008 so we did some shopping instead.

After shopping we jumped on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority at WDW Magic Kingdom to relax while waiting for everyone else to finish up on Stitch. After that we all met back up to jump on one of my momís and my favorite ridesÖ

It was time for us to ride Space Mountain after that so we jumped on. It had been years since I rode this since my mom and I never got on in 2008 and it was down for a refurb in 2009. I loved it and the changes seemed really great. I wish we could have gotten back on again. We all decided we were getting hungry so we made our way over to Pecos Billís. Iím not sure what everyone else got but I ended up with a cheeseburger. Chuck and I had really liked this place in 2009 but I wasnít a fan this time around. We had lunch at Columbia Harbor House earlier in the trip and I felt like that was a lot better. After lunch we decided to jump on Pirates for the last time.

After the ride some of us jumped in line for Angelica from the new Pirates movie since my mom had missed her earlier in the week.

We then headed over to jump on the Country Bear Jamboree and then the Haunted Mansion again since we didnít get to all ride together earlier in the trip.

After that we decided to try out the Hall of Presidents since none of us had been on it in a while. I know a lot of people find this boring but being a history nerd makes me love it. Plus it is always a nice break from the heat. Once we finished up there my mom and I decided to stop at the Christmas shop nearby. We are both suckers for a Christmas shop. LOL Iím not sure where Bobby was but Teenie, my dad and Chuck decided to take a break.

After spending way too much money in the Christmas store we all headed over to grab some fast passes for Splash Mountain and ride Big Thunder Mountain. We still had more time to kill before our fast pass time so we jumped on the train to go for a full ride around the Magic Kingdom.

It was sad stopping in Toon Town with nothing to look at. The Fantasyland expansion is going to be great but I have always loved stopping in Mickey and Minnieís houses. Iím sad Charlie will never get to do that.

It was now time to ride Splash Mountain (although the ride stopped a couple of times along the way). After that we decided to ride the Haunted Mansion one last time. We started to make our way towards Tomorrowland after that to hit up Cosmic Rayís for dinner. Along the way we jumped on Itís A Small World for the last time.

We still had our fast passes from earlier for Peter Pan so we jumped on that too. It ended up being our last ride of the trip. It was getting close to fireworks time so we ended up in Cosmic Rayís for dinner and sitting outside to watch them while eating. The fireworks still werenít done when we were done eating so we went outside to watch them on the side of the castle. I ended up crying during them as usualÖ.I just canít ever help it especially when it is the last night of a trip.

We decided to head out for good then since we all needed to pack. Naturally we stopped for some pictures along the way out.

Along the way down Main Street we stopped in some stores to shop and ended the night in the Emporium.

Once everyone was finished shopping we turned around for one last look of the castle and then it was off to the bus stop.

It was on the bus back to Caribbean Beach that I realized that I forgot to check us in for our Southwest flight for the next day. I quickly did it from my phone but we all ended up with Bís with Bobby and my dad having higher numbers than the rest of us. I cannot believe I forgot all about it! Usually someone from my family has checked me in on the last couple of trips but they were all with me this time. Iíve decided that Iím definitely going to pay extra for the early bird check-in for the next trip so we donít have to suffer in the back of the plane again.

Once we were back at Caribbean Beach everyone began to pack what they could so we wouldnít need to do as much the next morning. We had an early breakfast ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) and some shopping on the schedule for tomorrow so we didnít want to waste any time packing.

Next upÖ.Time to go home but not before we get our shopping on!

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

Day 8 - Time To Go Home

Well the day was finally hereÖ.we were heading back to Philadelphia and our vacation was coming to a close. We were up early again to finish packing.

Teenie enjoying the last of our Pumpkin juice

Once we were all packed we said goodbye to our rooms and had someone help us to the front desk with our bags. Thankfully Southwest allows you to check your bags at your Disney hotel now which is so convenient (this wasnít available for our last trip in 2009).

After we got everything settled we grabbed a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then jumped on the monorail to the Polynesian for one last breakfast at Kona Cafť.

Breakfast was yummy as usual with almost everyone ordering the Tonga Toast, Lilikoi juice and a pressed pot of Kona coffee.

After breakfast we decided to walk around the resort for a little since it is where we plan to stay for our next trip.

I love this pool and the view

It was starting to get a little late in the morning so we headed out and jumped on a bus to Downtown Disney. Itís tradition for me each trip to spend the last day eating breakfast at Kona and then spending the rest of my time in Disney shopping at DTD before itís time to leave. We stopped off first at the design your own shirt shop so that I could get a new shirt for this trip. I had gotten one on our honeymoon that I wear all the time and I love. Bobby also decided to get a shirt with Carl from UP on it that said ďI survived a Disney Family trip May 2012Ē. LOL
      After the shirt shop we stopped off at the pin store to trade some Vinyls and then headed to the World of Disney which is where we spent most of our time. I could spend hours in this store and still want to keep shopping. I would say we probably spent about an hour all together in there for this trip.

It was another beautiful day out so once we were finished shopping we grabbed a table in front of the World of Disney near the water and then my mom and I went to grab lunch for everyone at Earl of Sandwich. As usual the line was insanely long but it always moves fast. I canít remember what everyone else got but I ended up with my usual ham & swiss.

After lunch my dad decided to stay there and relax while Bobby, Chuck and Teenie walked to D Street to look one last time at the Vinyls and my mom and I went to check out Ghirardelliís for some ice cream.

Once we all met back up we realized it was getting late so headed back to the Caribbean Beach for the last time to hang out there and wait for our bus to the airport.

Normal Picture

Sad Picture

Before long our bus pulled up and it was time to say goodbye to the Caribbean Beach. We were the last stop for the bus so it wasnít long before we drove past the Disney sign and were officially off Disney property. Some of us decided to nap on the busÖ

There was still time to kill before our flight so we hung out near the Starbucks and enjoyed some coffee.

Keeping busy before the flight

Showing off her artwork

Chuck having some fun

The flight home was awful. As I said before I had forgotten to check us in at the 24 hour mark so we all had Bís with Bobby and my dad having higher numbers than the rest of us. By the time we got on the plane most of us were seated in the back with Chuck and I actually in the last row. Thankfully we were able to sit together by twoís with Chuck and I together, my mom and Teenie in the row in front of us and Bobby and my dad toward the middle of the plane.

The flight was uneventful except for the group of kids toward the middle of the plane being extremely loud the entire time. I always like to fly early in the morning on our way down to Disney because it is usually a quiet flight since everyone is still asleep. For the flight home though I always end up taking an early evening flight that is never enjoyable. I should probably just book an early flight but I just canít bring myself to leave Disney any sooner. Ok my rant is over.

Once we landed we grabbed our luggage and met up with the driver from the car service we had booked.

Post flight artwork

He dropped us off at my parentsí house and then my dad drove Chuck and me to our apartment. I still couldnít believe we were home but at the same time it is always nice to sleep in your own bed.

Next upÖ.my final thoughts

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

What beautiful pictures - great family hoilday

Final Thoughts

This trip was by far my favorite family trip. We had some bumps in the road during the planning process but it was all worth it in the end.

Caribbean Beach - The Caribbean Beach was a great resort although it was huge. I had some conflicting thoughts when I upgraded us behind everyoneís back from the Pop Century to Caribbean Beach but I did not regret it. We ended up not spending a lot of time there so we never got to check out the main pool which I would have liked to try. Our rooms were always cleaned each day and the grounds were really pretty. We ate a couple of meals at the food court which was good although I actually feel like the Pop Century food court has a better selection. For the most part the busses were fine although sometimes the multiple bus stops were a pain to stop at if you were in a rush. All in all I really enjoyed it here and would eventually stay here again but there are other resorts I would like to try first.

Counter Service - As far as the places we ate at there really wasnít a bad one in the bunch. For counter service Flame Tree BBQ and Earl of Sandwich was definitely our favorites although we all enjoyed Columbia Harbor House too. Pecoís Billís and Cosmic Rayís were just ok so I donít know if we will be stopping at either on the next trip. The Electric Umbrella was awful though and is definitely off our possible counter service places for any future trips.

Table Service - Pretty much every table service we ate at was amazing and I really donít know how we will decide where to eat at in 2014 since we want to try some new places. Boma was delicious and lots of fun while Kona Cafťís breakfast was great as usual. Flying Fish was by far my favorite meal of the week. The service was excellent and the food was out of this world. My mom and sisterís steaks were to die for. Iím really hoping we can get back there for the next trip but Iím not sure Charlie will allow it. 50ís Prime Time Cafť was probably the most disappointing of the week. The past two times weíve eaten there weíve had great service and food. This time the food was just as good but our server wasnít very good. It was disappointing since my mom, Chuck and I had talked up this place to everyone else leading up to the trip. Teppan Edo was probably the biggest surprise for me. Teenie, Bobby and Chuck had wanted to eat here but I wasnít that into it since I feel like we could go to a place similar to it at home. I was wrong because this meal was fantastic. Our cook was very entertaining, they were great working around Bobbyís soy allergy and the food was so yummy. I donít know how we are going to skip it on the next trip. Tusker House breakfast was yummy and has been added to our must do list for our next trip. We donít have a lot of places we sit down for breakfast each trip while down in Disney aside from Kona so it was nice to be able to find somewhere else we really enjoyed. Le Cellier was really good as usual and it was nice to finally be able to take my family there since none of them had been there before. This place used to have my favorite steak on property but Flying Fish has totally taken that place now.

Universal Studios was great and a nice change during the week. As I said most of us hadnít been there since 1996 so it was amazing to see how different it is. The bus service we took there worked out great and was really convenient. The burger place we ate at for lunch really wasnít that great so I would definitely need to research other places to eat at next time. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was amazing! I would recommend it to everyone even if you arenít a fan. I would love to get back there in 2014 but we have already decided to skip it in favor of trying out a water park or two.

The Keys to the Kingdom tour was a favorite for my parents. They couldnít stop talking about this and they enjoyed every part of it. I would like to eventually try this myself although Iím not sure when I will be able to now that we have the baby.

The Illuminations fireworks cruise was worth every penny. It was so nice going on it with Chuckís grandparents and it made for a great ending to Chuckís birthday dinner. We are all totally spoiled now with Illuminations and canít imagine watching it any other way. Iím hoping to make this a tradition each trip for the night that Chuckís grandparents come up to meet us for dinner. Iím not sure how much Charlie will enjoy it next time but Iím keeping my fingers crossed he will enjoy it too.

Finally, the cake I ordered for Chuck from the Boardwalk Bakery was out of this world and by far the best cake any of us has ever had. I still to this day dream about this cake and would love to have another piece of it.

Well I hope everyone enjoyed my trip report. This was my first one that included pictures so I hope I didnít include too many. I donít know what Iím going to do now that Iíve finished the report. Writing it was a way for me to hold on to the trip for a little longer. I will eventually start up a pre trip report for our next trip but itís still way too early for thatÖ.right? LOL

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report. Thanks!
      http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/2205/wdwepcot02crop.png

Great report....I'm staying in Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World in 18 days I will only be there for a quick 3 day trip with my DS but I'm relived to have someone review the resort just before I get there. I will definitly be using the main pool with DS so I will let you know how it was. Thanks for the heads up on the counter service as well...I have been debating where to take DS for things he will eat and Pecos Bills has been a possibility. I was unsure because of the set up of the dining area and being just me with DS and having to negoatiate his wheelchair (safety zone) in the crowd. With a just OK for food...I think we will try another place this trip and find something he will eat there instead.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World