Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast
      Another great installment & pics!

We were in the giraffe section, which we had never been in before…..we did however have Ben well prepped though, just in case he got asked ‘that’ question
      We did that with Sophie, although she wouldn't have it that giraffes say baa!
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

to this day I've never heard one baa either

Bec
      Fab update Vikki! Animal Kingdom theme park at Walt Disney World Orlando has really grown on me. camp Minnie mickey is super!

Love your photos!

What a great report. Thanks for sharing
      Shonda

Ready for our next Disney Adventure May 2012

Sunday 21st August,

Now, I’m afraid we either didn’t take the camera today, or I just didn’t take any photos, as there’s nothing for today. Shock, horror I know

The children didn’t wake up until 7.30am which was practically a mid morning lay in for us, which was wonderful We had a lazy hour or so having breakfast and watching The Karate Kid of all things, while Ben played with some of his new toys. We went round to the pool and I put some washing in. We’d purposefully just taken cheap white t-shirts for the boys as they washed so easily and could be left there if we needed room in the case (which is why you’ll see so many photos of them in white t-shirts). I did remember that the washers at the resorts are never up to much, but I could hardly complain as they were free to use, with it being a Disney Vacation Club resort. After a good swim we had a counter service lunch and headed of to the Magic Kingdom for the afternoon.

Ava had fallen asleep so Anthony walked with her around to Splash Mountain to get some FP while I took Ben round on the train. The idea was to show him the inside of SM so he could see it wasn’t scary, and hopefully he’d want to give it a go. It was a tip that Anthony had picked up from his guide on the train tour and it worked a treat as Ben was really keen to go on it.

It was a while before our FP time so we went around to Fantasy Land, and I rode Dumbo with Ben. It’s much better now the queue is shaded, but it was an incredibly hot day so as soon as we were out of the shade it was pretty intense. There was a family who were in the same pre-boarding area as us who were really annoying us though. We were right at the front and the kids were pushing their way past Ben to get in front of him, generally being really rude, and the adults with them did nothing about it. When we got on the ride they were arguing with the CMs about where they all had to sit, as they had to ensure there were enough adults to sit with the smaller children. It took forever to get it sorted. They were told there were too many of them to sit in the way they wanted so some would have to come off – obviously they didn’t like that idea. In the end another family came off and waited for the next ride, just so the ride could actually start, I thought that was very kind of them. Ben is always so funny in these situations though. He just doesn’t understand why people argue with the CMs and was constantly asking me why they just weren’t doing what they were told to. When we got off though, he did say “I didn’t like them, they pushed me. I don’t think they should have gone on”. I find it so funny how matter of fact he is about some things We could see a bit of the new Fantasyland expansion when we were on the ride, so strange to see it like that though!

We went for a quick drink at Pinocchio’s and managed to get a seat near the window so Ben could wave, and Ava could flap at the people going by on IASW

After a stop at the Laugh Floor I went to feed Ava. This was the only time the baby care centre was busy, I had the last rocking chair. Nobody else came in fortunately, but this was the one and only time I’ve ever seen it busy.

Whilst I was doing that Ben went to ride Splash Mountain with Anthony. He loved it, so we went back for him to ride it again with me. Unfortunately it closed just as we got to the front, so we decided not to bother waiting around, and went to see if we could get our ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) early.

We were at Liberty Tree tavern, which we had only visited once before, when there were characters. The food was exactly the same as before, and we all really enjoyed it….although Ava seemed more interested in trying to eat the table again for some reason! The apple cake dessert was particularly nice – much lighter than it looked.

We managed to get on Pooh and IASM, both children were so excitable and totally up for it which was great fun.

As we were leaving, we did try to get a photopass picture in front of the castle, where they blur the people around, but it didn’t come out very well to be honest.

We left Anthony at MK that night so he could do Extra Magic Hour. This is where the baby carrier was an absolutely wonderful thing to have. Ava quite happily sat in there as we walked to the bus. It just meant that collapsing the buggy and getting all of our things, and both children onto the bus was just so much easier. After getting back to the hotel we went up to our room….only to discover we’d gone into the wrong building So out we came and went to the right one The children were asleep in no time, so I decided to treat myself to a Bud on the balcony, watching the world go by before I went to bed myself. The end of another magical day

Sounds like another great day :)
      Visited DLP 6 times
      Visited WDW twice
      Visited DL twice

Sounds lovely. :)

Junior Cast Member
      how funny that you went to the wrong building haha! it really does sound like you are having a wonderful time. things are so black and white to kids, but ben is right - they shouldve just done as they were told, wouldve saved a whole lot of time and hassle!!

I still can't believe I did it.....in my defence all those buildings look the same

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World