Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
      Disney-holic Family TimonAndPumba's Avatar
      Sorry to hear that you and poor Ben were ill :( At least you still had a lovely day... looking forward to the next instalment, even through home time is always sad!
      Timon And Pumba = DDad , DMum , DSister , DBrother ... and Me

July-August 2002 - Offsite
      July-August 2003 - Hilton in WDW
      July-August 2006 - West USA & Grand Floridian
      August 2009 - Contemporary & Offsite
      October-November 2013 - Western USA & Contemporary

Oh no, sorry to hear you were both ill :(
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

What a shame you both got sick! At least Ben was able to get to do his character breakfast first! Way to go Anthony handling both kids ALONE so Vikki could rest. Kudos to you for juggling a sick one to boot while you were out. That must've been nerve wracking trying to figure out how to juggle the baby and a sick Ben. While I'm sure you're completely capeable of handling your kids - I'm sure your brain went into overdrive being away from home and having to think quick.

Hate it that your trip is about to end :(.
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

I'm having images of Anthony juggling Ava

Transferee
      Quote Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
      I'm having images of Anthony juggling Ava

Well I had to get them down all the stairs from the top of the stand somehow and back to the buggy, then across all the park to the tram and back to the car.... it was a very stressfull and smelly 35 minutes. Fortunately being disney there were lots of friendly people who helped hold Ava while i cleaned Ben a bit and someone gave me a bag for the stuff that got covered by ben.

Awww, sorry you were sick. I was most of last trip and it wasn't fun. Hope you recovered for the flight home!
      Paula

Monday 29th August

Today was that day we all dread…..going home day, boooooooo! Fortunately an early night and an awful lot of sleep had meant that Ben and I were feeling much better this morning, I think whatever it was that we had had gone as soon as it had come, which was a relief!

Fortunately I had managed to get all the cases packed up in plenty of time, so we just had a couple of last minute things to do. There was some Budweiser left in the fridge so we left a little ‘enjoy’ note on it, hoping that Mousekeeping would oblige and finish it off for us

We all got ourselves into the car and headed for Downtown Disney to check in at the Virgin desk. It wasn’t particularly busy and we were through in no time. This is where our proximity to Downtown Disney really paid off though. We had checked the car seat in so Ava and I walked back around to our hotel, which only took 10 minutes or so. I don’t know if it was because I’d been inside ill the day before, but it was remarkably hot even at this early hour. Ben had a booster seat backpack so he went with Anthony round to the Swan to drop the car back off to the Alamo desk. They then caught the bus back to Downtown Disney and walked back to our room from there.

We had some breakfast and then took our airplane and luggage around to the left luggage store at the hotel….then it was off for our last day in the Magic Kingdom. The Magic Kingdom is not my favourite park to be honest (that is reserved for Epcot), but it wouldn’t be right not to go here on the last day, we always do……and the first day too, to be honest

Ben insisted going on IASW, which we obliged with and Anthony took photos of those realllllly scary Hawaii dolls, that totally freak me out!

Ava spotted someone with long hair in front of her

After wandering around Fantasyland land for a bit we went for some lunch at Columbia, which is probably our favourite counter service in MK. I think this was the first sandwich Ben had (in the park anyway), and he loved that it came in the Mickey shape. We also ordered a chicken and fish meal. We pretty much shared the lot between us, and as always, it was yummy.

Ben particularly enjoyed the pudding

We stayed to do a few more attractions, but all too soon it was time to head off home.

We’d promised Ben that the last thing we’d do would be to go and see Mickey, which with him now being at the park entrance makes this a really wonderful end to the trip.

We stopped for a few final castle photos on the way.

Ben told Mickey it was his last say and that we were going back to the airport after seeing him, and I swear they made an extra fuss of the children upon hearing that. We were with them for ages, and it was really lovely.

After we’d finished, we told Ben he could buy a plush toy to cuddle on the plane, but he couldn’t decide on Goofy or Pluto so we treated him to both. Upon coming out of the shop, we happened across the parade so spent a little time watching the end of that……not that we were trying to put off the inevitable of course

When we got back to the resort, we just wanted a little proof of our resort.

As the DME bus pulled up, Ben did not look too pleased about having to go back home!

As usual, the trip back to the airport was uneventful and we were soon at the gate awaiting our flight.

The flight home was pretty dull. Ava just managed to fit into the sky cot!

Fortunately both children slept well and we only had to take Ava out of the cot once due to turbulence.

Upon return into the country we boarded our hotel bus and picked the car back up pretty quickly. We’d booked into a Travelodge about an hour away, where Anthony and the children had a quick sleep. We weren’t sure if we would head home that evening, or in the morning. However, after a sleep Anthony felt rejuvenated and we set off back home at around 8pm. The roads weren’t too busy so it didn’t take too long to get home.

When we arrived home, I discovered the little wedding anniversary treat I’d arranged my sister to make for Anthony.

We had an absolutely wonderful holiday I had so many concerns about taking a baby of Ava’s age to Florida but it really was no problem at all, and as I’m sure you’ve all seen from the photos, she had a magical time! Ben thoroughly enjoyed showing her everything and I think he really enjoyed the time he had just with Anthony when I was feeding Ava.

Even though this trip was almost a year ago now, Ben talks about it daily and Ava is always pointing at the photos from our trip that we have around the house. Our first holiday as a family of four will certainly be one that we will never forget……. Time to look forward to the next one!

A great trip report Vikki! I can't believe it's come to an end :(

It was lovely to meet you again on this holiday and hopefully we'll get to meet up in 2013 :)

Cath

Transferee
      Ok, we are def going back next year now... the last bit brough a tear to my eye. Happy times with my wonderful wife and children

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World