Monday 22nd August
      Wednesday 24th August continued
      Thursday 25th August
      Friday 26th August
      Saturday 27th August
      Saturday 27th August continued
      Sunday 28th August

Trip report 2011

Ok, well, here it is, the Wells family 2011 trip report! Since the last one I did was award winning I hope this one can live up to it!

This trippie could have many titles, such as
      ‘The one where I forget to take food photos’, ‘The one with the Chevvy game’ (I’ll explain later), or ‘The one with the flappy baby’. Think I’ll just stick to something simple as I can’t decide

The cast:
      Ava: the newest addition to our family, six months old, never been to WDW.
      Ben: the big brother, now four years old, one previous visit to WDW in 2009.
      Anthony: we’ll stop mentioning ages now perhaps! Compulsive planner, menu searcher and spreadsheet maker. Four previous visits to WDW, which is the same as,
      Me: Vikki. Person who stresses out over every little detail, even though I know it’ll all be fine.

It was a rather long pre-trippie, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the main thing is just as rambling, so good luck to you, and congratulations to those of you who make it all the way to the end

So, we begin with travelling down. I won’t bore you with everything we did. We spent a couple of days travelling down, as we have a National Trust pass. Fortunately the weather the few days before we went was beautiful so we spent a good few days exploring some lovely parks and gardens, getting a little bit of calm and greenery before we headed for WDW

We stayed at the Travelodge at Gatwick the night before we wanted to do twilight check in, the main reason being we wanted to check in as soon as possible, in the hope we would get a skycot. We didn’t realise quite how close the Travelodge was to the airport, it was literally at the end of the runway, so in the morning we walked along to where the security gate was and spent a while watching the planes…..along with a few plane watchers who were avidly taking numbers down in their little books

We got to Gatwick at about 11.30am and there was a small queue. As soon as the queue opened it only took a few minutes to get to a desk. When we got there I immediately told the girl that Ben didn’t know we were going away and would she please play along that we were coming to ask her if we were allowed to come to the airport the next day and watch some planes. She was great and spent the whole time whispering things to me so Ben couldn’t hear. I mentioned about the sky cot and she said that wasn’t a problem and one was booked for us, phew! I also asked if we were all together, and her face looked at me as though that was a silly question, “of course” she said. I was so pleased! Meant I wouldn’t be with Ben and Ava on my own on the big tin can with wings for nine hours We were never asked about Ava’s weight which I was pleased about…..no need to act like Pinnochio today I got two buggy bags and was told to check the car seat in in the morning. The whole process took all of about 15 minutes which was brilliant. I’d definitely recommend twilight check in, shame there isn’t one at Manchester really.

We were staying at the Copthorpe Effingham hotel that night, so after going out for lunch we made our way there. Was quite a nice hotel, and for the price we paid, with the parking included, was an absolute bargain. We went for a swim in the hotel pool, which I don’t think I’d do again if I was staying there to be honest, a bit grubby.

We decided we would tell Ben first thing in the morning where we were going. Partly because I don’t think Anthony could contain himself any longer than that and partly because we didn’t really know what his reaction would be.

Amazingly we were all asleep by 10pm. Anthony is normally awake and buzzing the night before we go, but he wasn’t this time, so at least managed to get some rest The Ava alarm woke us up at 6.30am and Ben found a letter on his bed from Mickey. Inside it was telling him that since he’s been such a good big brother this year, would he like to come and bring Ava to visit him? We also put some maps in there. He was beyond excited and started bouncing round the room, just like in the adverts!

After phoning his nana to tell her the news we were packed and off to the airport on the hotel bus. We checked in the car seat (which fit perfectly into the buggy bag) and made our way to the V-Room. We were also told we were the only flight that day that was on time.

The V-Room was very easy to find and we were incredibly impressed. Very sorry I forgot to take proper photos of it for you……there you go, my first apology for forgetting photos We got a great table right by the window. Bec and family arrived a few minutes after us, so we pulled our tables together and had a good natter. The boys went off and started playing fussball……and by the boys I mean Logan, Ben…..and the dads Logan and Ben were a bit shy of each other to start with, but ended up becoming great pals!

If any of you ever do go to the V-Room, do try the millionaires shortbread, it was sooooo yummy!

Ben and Ava did spend quite a bit of time watching the planes as well

After a few very relaxing hours in the V-Room it was time to go and get on the big tin can The flight was fortunately uneventful. Ben’s child meal never turned up, so he had to have the adult sausage and mash, which he was perfectly happy with. As was Ava, she rather enjoyed the mash and carrots The skycot was a tad snug, as you can see

However, for the two twenty minute naps she had, was perfectly fine. Also, she enjoyed just sitting an playing in there, which was a great. We were in row 21 which was a row of three seats, perfect! We did bump into Bec on the flight, which we weren’t expecting, but I’ll leave that bit to her to explain

We handed on time after a very unbumpy flight. In fact the seatbelt sign only went on once, which I’m sure was to give the cabin crew a bit of a break, as there wasn’t any turbulence when it came on :confused: The best thing about being in row 21 was that we were first off the flight, as we were in the little economy section just behind premium economy. We got through security and bag check very quickly and were off to the Alamo desk in no time.

Anthony had booked a mid size SUV as he’s always wanted to drive one, but when we got there, there wasn’t any left, bless him, his little face just fell….so they gave us a full size SUV instead He was a very happy man!

After a few wrong turns we found Satatoga Springs easily, and loved being “welcomed home”, such a nice touch! We managed to get Congress Park which was just what I wanted as well. The girl who checked us in gave me loads of bits and pieces for the kids, which was great. The room was perfect, the exact location I wanted. It was 8pm Florida time but 1am UK time, but we were still wide awake, and rather peckish, so we headed to the food court. Had a couple of flatbreads, which were lovely…..first food I didn’t take a photo of

Tiredness then hit and we sauntered back to the room to crash out.
      Last edited by Vikki; 10-10-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Such a shame that they don't have twilight check-in at Manchester :(

Love how you told Ben the news, I wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret so long

Just saw the pics on Facebook & they're absolutely gorgeous!!!

That's the row we were in March, so glad you got it & the skycot.

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Apart from having my hair done, I've not much on tomorrow so will do some more then

Soooooo glad you've started!

Can't wait to read more :)

Fab start Vikki. to you for managing to keep it a secret from Ben. I could never do that - i'm too excited! Looking forward to the next one.

Bec
      Love the pic of Logan and Ben on the game! They did become great friends!

I agree on the millionaire's shortbread TDF!

Don't want to hijack vikki's thread but we were in front of her because we got upgraded at the gate to PE. And ended up having most of downstairs PE cabin to ourselves apart from some looney who was shouting and swearing mid flight, I think thats why the seatbelt signs went on vik, it was getting out of hand.

Ava was so good on the flight bless her heart and Ben kept me well informed with the maps.

Glad ant was pleased with the car and your room was perfect.

Love your TRs Hun, can't wait to read more!

Looking forward to reading this!

Ben, Logan and Ava are all real cuties so hoping to see loads of pics!

Cath

Great start. I have to work tomorrow morning so make sure there is more to read I have at least an hour and a half before we have a doc and patients to see. Plenty of time to read about your adventure!!!

Sounds like a great start Vikki. Looking forward to more.

Page 1 of 34 123 11 ... LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World