Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Disney 2011 Part IX

Monday November 7th. Breakfast today was at Pepper Market. Donna opted for some orange juice, coffee, scrambled eggs and fried potatoes. I had eggs over easy with sausage, fried potatoes and a blueberry muffin. I accompanied this with milk and coffee. Following breakfast we were off to EPCOT where Donna had scheduled us for the Segway tour. She had done this once before but this would be my first time. After a bit of a shaky start when I couldn’t figure out why I kept going in circles I got squared away. After a training session indoors, during which we weaved in and out of some cones and went up and down hills they led us out doors and around to the World Showcase. It wasn’t open yet to the general public so for the most part we didn’t have to worry about folks cutting in front of us. We stopped at a few of the pavilions and learned a bit about them. We also weaved in and out among columns in Italy and ran through the buildings in Morocco. We had a stop part way through to have pictures taken. This tour was so much fun I wish that I could own a Segway.

After our tour was over we intended to visit the World Showcase and sample some of the foods at Food & Wine. However, I had forgotten our wrist bands so we went back to the resort to pick them up and Donna changed out of her tennis shoes into her Tevas. Back to EPCOT we went. While I grabbed the Grilled Lamb Chop (Yummy) with Potato Goat Cheese Salad and Shiraz Reduction Donna wandered over to the Caribbean pavilion and got both of us a Dragon Berry Colada (another Yum). Donna doesn’t eat lamb so I had this one to myself. Our next food stop was China where I got the Black Pepper Shrimp with Szechuan Noodles and Donna opted for the Pork Pot Stickers. Then it was off to South Korea for Lettuce Wrap with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw and some Bulgogi BBQ Beef with Steamed Rice and Kimchi. From here we wandered all the way over to France where both of us enjoyed a Sparkling Pomegranate Kir and I opted for the Escargots Persillade en Brioche. I had enjoyed these the last couple of years but this year I found them somewhat lacking and the Brioche over cooked. Then it was on to Ireland for Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie and Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey’s Ganache. Not caring for either the Guinness or the Mead I walked over the UK beer pavilion and nabbed a Stella Artois which Donna and I shared. The Fisherman’s Pie was better than the first year I had it but not as good as last year. Our final stop was Canada for the Cheddar Cheese Soup which was delicious.

We then headed back to the resort where we both caught a nap and then headed over to the hot tub. It felt so good. Donna had forgotten to pack a swimsuit so she wasn’t able to actually sit in the hot tub but she sat on the side and rolled up her pant legs and put her legs in the water. I took a quick dip in the regular pool but it was too cool for my liking. We then retired to the Siesta Pool Bar and enjoyed some very tasty, spicy Bloody Marys. Our bartender was Adrian from Mexico. It was then back to the room where Donna is reading and I am here on the computer.

I think we might do this tour next year - DS is now old enough. You have made me feel so hungry

The Segway tour sounds fun, glad Donna was feeling up to it. It will be a few years until we can visit the F&WF again. I think I tried the dragon berry colada last year but found it too sweet and binned it.
      Paula

Segway tour sounds like great fun!
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

I'd love to do the Segway tour! Can't wait till Robert is 16!

Same here Paula - we won't be doing the F&W wine festival for a few years either (unless we abandon the kids!!)

Some of your choices sound really nice, especially the South Korean options. I don't think they had a stand last year

Cath

Quote Originally Posted by tweenie123 View Post
      I'd love to do the Segway tour! Can't wait till Robert is 16!

Same here Paula - we won't be doing the F&W wine festival for a few years either (unless we abandon the kids!!)

Some of your choices sound really nice, especially the South Korean options. I don't think they had a stand last year
      Actually they did, it was their first year.

I like the sound of the Segway tour too. I miss the Food and wine Festival as well :(
      Alec

Jon
      The Segway tour is definitely something that appeals to me. I suppose we’d need to do turn about if we wished to do it anytime soon though.

Your food and wine choices sound fab, although you’re welcome to l’escargot’s I assume the Stella Artois was from the ‘Beers of the World’ stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
      The Segway tour is definitely something that appeals to me. I suppose we’d need to do turn about if we wished to do it anytime soon though.

Your food and wine choices sound fab, although you’re welcome to l’escargot’s I assume the Stella Artois was from the ‘Beers of the World’ stand?
      No the Stella was available at the regular beer stand right outside of the Rose and Crown.

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World