Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pre Trippie - Christmas with the mouse

As we've less than two weeks to go I thought I'd do a pre trippie (which is as far as I got with our summer trip ) so hopefully I'll get to finish this report :)

For those of you who don't know us, there's me, 51, Disney addict and total thrill seeker, the scarier the better!
      Robert, 15 and as above!
      Bryan, 64, who took a while to get into the Disney spirit but is now well on the way to wearing his Mickey ears and can't wait for this Christmas trip. :D

This is our second visit at Christmas time as we went in 2009 and really enjoyed it so are really looking forward to this trip

We're flying with Virgin from Manchester and hoping that there's no snow and are also hoping that we can manage to get the extra legroom seats at check in. We've got PE coming home but couldn't get it for the outward flight. We had originally booked the Swan as we stayed there on our last Christmas trip and really liked it. During our summer trip we bought into Disney Vacation Club so have changed our ressie and are using points for the first time and are staying at the Boardwalk Villas We're looking forward to this as we spent a lot of time on the last Christmas visit in Epcot (plus I love the Boardwalk area)

We're trying the Magical Express for the first time too - we usually get a town car to pick us up and then go to Publix to stock up. I'm going to order some shopping from wegoshop, well beer for Bryan and chocolate, sweets and biscuits for Robert and me, no healthy eating here

We've not really planned anything for the days so we'll just go with the flow. We've got ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) for most of the evenings including some places where we've never eaten before such as The Wave. We've still booked some of our old favourites like The Cali Grill and we're off to Teppan Edo for Christmas dinner. I'm really going to try and do a food report - I did intend to complete one in the summer but didn't have a proper system. When I came home I couldn't work out which photos matched the descriptions that I'd written down :(

We've also booked the CP package with a meal at Via Napoli so I'll try to do a review of that. We're meeting Paula and Bec on one of the evenings which should be a great night too

I'm currently counting down the days and can't wait to get there. We're going to MVMCP on our first full day which should get the holiday off to a great start. We're just hoping that the weather will be warm as we were in winter coats for most of our last Christmas trip. I'm hoping that the crowds will be reasonably manageable for the first few days that we arrive but we've actually got vouchers for 18 fast passes which we got when we signed up for Disney Vacation Club. I'm sure they'll come in useful for Toy Story at some point! I've also got to buy some APs and TIW card as soon as we arrive and collect our tickets for MVMCP.

Time to get the cases out.............

Cath

It's almost time!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone again. :D I hope the temperatures stay as they are now, mid to high 70's.
      Paula

How exciting!!! I agree those FP vouchers are going to come in VERY handy!!

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Soooooo jealous!

Bec
      We're so close!!!! So excited!!

We're back :(

We had a fabulous trip and wanted to stay longer, at least until after New Year. The weather was superb for the whole holiday, in the 80s most of the time and Christmas Eve broke the record for the highest temperature in years!

We managed to visit all of the parks too. We were in MK for opening on Christmas Day and managed to get on most of the attractions in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland by 10am. By 11am the park was jam packed and only allowing people who had already purchased tickets to enter so we watched the 12.30pm parade and left.

We had a great night with Paula, Alec and family and Bec and her family on the Grand 1, sitting outside on the lake to watch the fireworks on December 22nd!!

I'll do a proper trip report when I've had time to unpack and get myself sorted out. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Cath

Welcome home!! We, the girls & I, were talking about how you were all there again at the same time. They thought that was so cool.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Bec
      Hiya cath, we're heading home today, glad you had a great trip. It was wonderful to spend time with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
      Hiya cath, we're heading home today, glad you had a great trip. It was wonderful to spend time with you all.
      Hope you all have a safe trip.

Did Logan have a great time on Christmas Day?

Cath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World