Kona Cafe Breakfast

Kona Cafe Dinner

Maya Grill

Narcoossee's

Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Yachtsman Steakhouse
      Alec

BlueZoo Dec 08

This was our choice for Christmas Eve. We'd been earlier in the year and had a lovely meal so decided we'd take the outlaws. Staying at the BWV, it was just a short walk to The Dolphin.

Once checked in, it was only a short wait for the table. We were taken to a large round table right next to the kitchen door, so we asked if we could move. It wasn't a problem and they gave us a table on the outside of the room. We had the same server we had last trip. I can't remember her name, but she was very friendly and knew the menu in detail to help us choose.

Here's what we had:

Garlic Roasted Jumbo Shrimp - creamy polenta, fennel butter

Chilled Maine Lobster Tail- French cocktail sauce, mango salsa

"Olive's" Classico Flatbread - roasted tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, torn basil

Teppan Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops - braised beef short rib, silky cauliflower puree

Two-pound Maine "Cantonese" Lobster - fried and tossed in sticky soy glaze

Flame grilled tenderloin of beef filet - horseradish fingerling potatoes, charred frisée salad, balsamic veal jus

Kids Filet

Surf and Turf - beef tenderloin, butter poached lobster tail, black pepper potatoes, garlicky swiss chard, brown butter chestnuts, butternut squash

Snake River Farms Pork Loin - brined n' braised shoulder ragout, charred sweet corn, fennel, baby zucchini

Selection Platter of maine lobster tail, oysters, clams, jumbo shrimp, day's ceviche, tuna cruda, dipping sauces. This wasn't one of our dishes, but we spotted it on the way out and chef let us take a photo!

Everything was really good and no complaints from anyone. We were in there a while, but that's how we like to dine. The bill was huge, but the lobster dishes and wine bumped it up. Worth every cent though and we'll definitely be going back!
      Alec

California Grill Dec '08

Staying at the Contemporary, it would've been rude not to visit the California Grill. :D It was nice knowing it was only a few elevators back to our room. We checked in on the 2nd floor and while there requested a window seat and though we got one, it was to the far left of the restaurant so not a great view for fireworks, but you can see for miles and from that side can see Everest and Spaceship Earth. Our pager went off in the elevator up to the 15th floor which is lucky. There is very limited seating up there now as people are eating in what used to be the lounge area. This is not on IMO. It looks scruffy seeing dirty plates and people are standing for a long time waiting for tables. While we are on the subject of scruffy.....there is a dress code....enforce it!! Sleeveless vests and daisy dukes are not business casual. We may as well have been dining around the pool. :nono:
      We were shown to our table and our server came over with menus and to take our order. He was very nice and we chatted a lot with him throughout the evening. He brought water, bread and some goldfish crackers for the kids and recommended a champagne cocktail which blew my head off it was so strong! :eek: MIL's G&T was rather strong too.
      On to the food:
      Seared Loin of Rabbit

Roasted Chicken with Applewood Bacon flat bread

Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Oak-fired Filet of Beef

Striped Bass with crispy rock shrimp

Roasted Breast of Duck and Leg Confit

kids sirloin steak

Pan-roasted Grouper Fillet

"The Original" - The California Grill's legendary butterscotch creme brulee with a duo of banana cakes and caramelized bananas

Valrhona Chocolate Cake and Raspberry - Warm chocolate cake with molten center, housemade raspberry ice cream and raspberry sauce

Chocolate Temptation - (No Sugar Added) Chocolate pyramid with chocolate gelato, berry compote and chocolate-hazelnut crunch

Everything was TDF!! I stuck to my favourites of goat cheese ravioli and the pork. It was so good, we returned with just the kids the next week. 10/10.
      Alec

Gorgeous! Gorgeous food! I'm starving now.

WDW - 15 times-AKL, Contemporary, Polynesian, CBR, POR, AS sports, Pop Century, RPH, HRH, Portofino Bay, Wynfield Inn, Quality Inn, Regal Palms, Lindfield Villa, Bahama Bay Resort, Yacht Club, CSR. Liki Tiki Village
      DLRP - 10 times Santa Fe, Hotel Cheyenne, Holiday Inn, Dream Castle, Explorers.

Captain Jacks ( lunch ) Dec '08

This was another place we hadn't tried before but walked past hundreds of times. We popped our heads round the door around 11.30am and booked a table for an hour later. We needn't have bothered as it didn't get full. It's another of those places people seem to love or hate.

For starters, Al and I shared the peel-n-eat shrimp. I was glad we shared when we saw how many we got! :eek:
      Lois skipped starter and Cal had the kids clam chowder.

For main course Al chose the grilled chicken sandwich, I had the Shrimp and Penne Pasta, Lois had the Pasta Alfredo and Cal the Hot Dog.

No complaints from anyone, everything was well cooked! I thought the location was lovely sat on the water at DTD and we'd go back again.

Alec

Citrico's NYE Dec '08

We decided not to be in a park NYE after experiencing horrendous crowds in past years. We decided to do the same as the previous year, have dinner later and return to our balcony, open a bottle of bubbly and watch the fantastic NYE fireworks.

Citrico's was our choice so we could stroll 'home' after a few drinks. :champagne

Tonight was a 4 course set menu, probably to keep the tables turning over. The cost was $63 per adult and $21 per child. The first 2 courses were fixed and there was a choice of 6 mains and 4 deserts.

We had asked for our favourite waiter when we checked in and struck lucky that one of his tables came empty within 5 minutes. It was a wonderful evening. Everything was top notch as always and we met a nice family on the next table that we had seen a few times that week dining out. If you are the family from Birmingham we met, it was lovely to chat to you......even though you were Man Utd fans!

Callie's shirley temple

P's Glowtini

Trio of starters (fixed) - arancini, crab cake and onion tart

Salad of romaine Lettuce with Hearts of Palm, Blue Cheese, and Vinaigrette (fixed)

Filet Jardiniere

Duck Confit

Kids Filet steak

Braised short Ribs

Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse

Lemon CheeseCake

Dalmation Bones

The braised short ribs were my choice and I have to say, they were TDF! Oh my they really were delicious!

We were introduced to the manager and made sure to let her know how wonderful everything was. Yummy rating of 10/10 and we highly recommend it. Big thumbs up!
      Champagne was being served in the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World lobby, but I think we'd had enough so strolled back and opened our own bottle in the room. The Poly beach was packed, but we had a wonderful view from our balcony and it was the perfect end to the year. The fireworks were UNBELIEVABLE!!
      Alec

Flying Fish Dec '08

Flying Fish wasn't an ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) we had planned, but we ended up switching a few ressies and decided to try to get in. There was nothing for that evening, but the lady said she would squeeze us in the next night as we were BW guests. She had to book us as a party of 4+2, but told us we would be sat together.
      It was nice only having to go downstairs, the Boardwalk area has some great restaurants. We were seated just a few minutes after arriving and we did get a table for 6 as promised. Our server was very friendly and chatted about the menu, answered our questions and recommended wine.
      Here's what we had:

Lobster Roe butter-laced winter vegetable Chowder -

Chilled Wild Gulf Shrimp Cocktail

Flying Fish Cafe Crisp Jonah Lump Crab Cake

Kids soup (same as adult )

Kids pasta

Oak-grilled Maine Diver Scallops - sage, pumpkin and mascarpone-laced risotto, clamsheel mushrooms and serrano ham cracklins

Grilled Wattleseed and Pepperberry-glazed Berkshire-Kurabuto Pork Loin - wilted greens, fennel, and horseradish gremolata, forest mushroom, shallot, green peppercorn and pomegranate compote

Potato-Wrapped Red Snapper - Creamy Leek Fondue and Red Wine and Cassis Butter Sauce

Sorcerer Mickey's Milk Chocolate Cauldron - fun "skewer" of fudge brownie, marshmallow, strawberry

Chocolate Puzzle

Florida Tangerine Cheesecake

Once again, I had the scallops and they were delicious. Everyone else emptied their plates too, so not a single complaint and service was excellent. Flying Fish will definitely be on our ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) list for our trip in October when we're staying at the Inn. 10/10.
      Alec

GF Cafe Dec '08

This was a lunch stop. Al's parents were flying home this afternoon, so we wanted a sit down meal not far from MK. You can catch the boat from there to the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World and prices are very reasonable for such a lovely setting.
      On to the food:
      French Onion Soup

Tomato-Basil Soup

Kids Grilled Steak

Kids grilled chicken

Reuben Sandwich - Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese, Thousand Island Dressing and Sauerkraut on Rye Bread

Rustic Chicken Sandwich - Herb-marinated Chicken Breast with Cold Smoked Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Cheddar, Pesto Mayonnaise, and Arugula Salad served on warm Ciabatta Bread with Marinated Cucumber Salad

Angus Chuck Cheeseburger - served with French Fries

Worms in dirt

Good service, food came out quickly, was hot and tasted good. We all left full and happy. We love the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World cafe and we have always got walk-ins for lunch. Hoping to try it for breakfast next trip.
      Alec

Kona Cafe ( breakfast ) Dec '08

We're not big breakfast eaters and ususally grab a bagel or toast in the lounge if we feel like it, but we fancied something hot and decided to walk over to Kona to see if there was a wait. Even though it looked busy, we were told 10 minutes and given a pager.
      I was very tempted to order Tonga Toast which I had last time, but decided on the two eggs any way, fried for me.
      Ham and cheese omelette

Kids Bacon & scrambled

Kids Goofy toast

Two eggs any way

Service was very good, we were brought plenty of juice and coffee and everyone ate up except for me. I don't like potatoes for breakfast and should have just asked for them to be left off. We'll definitely be going back. Yummy rating 8/10
      Alec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World