Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Citrico's post 1

Next up was the one we were looking forward to most, Lois' birthday dinner at Citrico's! :D Several emails had gone back and forth beforehand and we were not disappointed. We had requested our favourite server (and friend!) Jaime and were shown to a window table in his section. Lois was presented with a personalised menu wishing her a happy birthday.

First up we ordered a bottle of champers and Shirley T's for the girls which were brought in champers glasses.

We were then brought an amuse bouche:

Roquefort cheese and beetroot mousse

It was really tasty, the kids said it was like eating purple Spongebob!

Bread to share. Yum as always! Don't ask me why someone took a photo of the butter. Maybe it was because it wasn't that vile whippy stuff.

To start, Al tried the quail tortellini

Lois had the potato and leek soup. This was soooo good!

I had the goat cheese truffle salad which was perfect. very tasty and a nice size portion.

Cal had the cheese and grapes off the kids menu.

We re-arranged the menu as usual and asked for kids filet with mickey pasta

I had the pan seared halibut with red wine risotto, mushrooms and lemon thyme broth. OMG, I can't tell you enough how good this was!

Al had the berkshire pork two ways - pork tenderloin and braised pork belly with herbed gnocchi, heirloom apples, swiss chard and madeira broth. Also disappeared completely so must have been good! :D

Lois had the filet scilian ~ oak grilled filet of beef with sweet vidalia onions,peppadew and banana peppers, quattro formaggi crushed potatoes and veal demi glace

Alec

Citrico's post 2

We weren't shown a desert menu as the surprise cake was waiting in the back. It was brought out to put the candles on behind us and caused quite a stir. The table close to the counter all decided to get up and take photos and caused quite a commotion. So much so that everyone else wanted to know what they were looking at and Lois looked too. I had to tell her not to turn around! Luckily there were so many people blocking her view she couldn't make out what it was, but knew it was a cake. It kinda spoiled the surprise.

Her favourite character is Donald. We asked for him in white choc and left it up to Pat at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World bakery to design the rest. I feel the more creativity you give them, the better job they do. They have never let us down yet and didn't this time.

It was vanilla cake with white choc filling. The cake was cut and brought out. Donald was boxed up separately to keep him in one piece.

We had a wonderful evening. Service was top notch as always from J and the girls were sent home with a bag full of Mickey straws. We were checking out of the Poly next day so the club level CM's enjoyed the cake.
      10 out of 10 for a perfect evening! How do we top it next year?!
      Alec

Big River Grille ( lunch )

Big River Grille was our next stop! We were told our room was almost ready at the BoardWalk Inn Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando so decided not to go too far. A short stroll on to the Boardwalk and we decided to try here. We were seated straight away. The place is pretty small inside but has plenty of outdoor seating. We went inside as the scaffolding was up over BoardWalk Villas Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando and there were decorators everywhere.

The menu is quite good for lunch and the kids were happy at the choices too. Here's what we had:

Beer cheese soup. No idea how this compares to the Le Cellier soup 'cos that makes me puke so I didn't try this. Al will have to fill you in!

Blackened mahi mahi sandwich for me. Nicely cooked and pretty tasty.

Honey dijon chicken sandwich

Blue Ridge pulled pork

Kids hotdog

The 4 of us shared 2 deserts. Both were delicious!

Chocolate confusion

New York cheesecake

We enjoyed our lunch here. Service was very good, refills brought out regularly without having to ask and very friendly. We'll probably try it for dinner some time.

The bill was $62. No Tables in Wonderland discount here, but we got a 10% Disney Vacation Club discount. :)
      Alec

T-Rex ( lunch )

Next on the menu.....T-Rex! We got a walk in around 12.30 for lunch. It was still pretty quiet but this place is MASSIVE!! :eek: I can't imagine how many tables there are and how busy the kitchen must be. Despite the size, service was fast and very friendly. The food came quickly, but there was a dec ent gap between the starter and main. We were sat next to the big ice thing that changes colour and the cutest little dinosaur ever. :D

Our choices were:

Artifact Stack

Melalosaurus Mozzarella - Seared Mozzarella with creamy marinara and mozzarella fingers.

Boneyard Buffet - Fire-roasted Rotisserie Chicken and Mega Mes-O-Bones served with waffle fries and coleslaw

Styracosaurus Sliders!

Kids Slider (quelle surprise!( )

Tar Pit Fried Shrimp - Tender shrimp lightly fried golden brown, served with tartar and cocktail sauces, waffle fries and coleslaw. This was mine and really tasty. I'd definitely have it again.

Lois couldn't eat all her sliders, in hindsight, we should've ordered that and given Cal one slider. The portions are pretty big.
      I'm not a huge fan of Rainforest, so wasn't sure i'd like it here, but we all agreed we'd enjoyed it and it will be on our list of fave walk-ins. By the time we left it was pretty busy, so it must be doing well.

The bill was $95. We got a 10% AP discount.
      Alec

Flying Fish

I started with an apple and cranberry cocktail. Very festive with a cinnamon stick in it. I can't remember what alcohol was in it, but it was very nice!

Bread & Butter

I chose the crab cake and didn't regret it.

Al had the shrimp cocktail

followed by his favourite; the potato wrapped snapper

I chose the Chef's thunder which changes daily. Today it was oak grilled fragrantly spiced Mahi Mahi

We shared a side of aspargus

Both kids had Mickey pasta

Lois had the Chocolate fondue dessert. This had Happy birthday on it, I guess it had been noted somewhere that we were celebrating a few days earlier.

I had the trio of desserts; Frangelico, caramel and chocolate delice,
      rich chocolate and raspberry torta andpetite white chocolate creme brulee

Cal had the chocolate puzzle

Al finished with the cheese selection

Service was great as it always is here and it remains one of our favourites. We're going back in March. The bill with tip was $250 but $45 was on a bottle of wine. I can't resist a King Estate Pinot Gris when it's on the wine list!
      Alec

Sunshine Seasons QS breakfast

A quick counter service one! Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.

Lois and I both had the kids french toast and asked to switch the sausage for scrambled egg. We got both $4.39 and includes a drink (we had milk and orange juice). The kids portion was plenty for me, i'm not a huge breakfast fan.

Al had the breakfast sandwich which was an egg and pork focaccia & added breakfast potatoes $7.98

Cal chose the chocolate muffin $2.59

Regular orange juice was $2.39. It was all quite nice and it passed the time while we waited 40 minutes for our Soarin' FP's to be valid.
      Alec

Liberty Inn QS lunch

Liberty Inn ~ Epcot. Another short one for counter service. This was just where we happened to be when it was lunch time.

Pulled pork ~ $8.59

Kids chicken nuggets ~ $4.99 (includes small drink)

Hot roast beef sandwich ~ 8.39

Chicken wrap ~ $8.19

Everything was good and with a couple of cherry slushes and a bud light, the bill was $48.
      Alec

BlueZoo

This was one we were really looking forward to ~ Blue Zoo at The Dolphin. We've dined here a few times, but last time was Christmas 2008. One of the servers we've had a few times recognised us and came over to have a chat which was nice. It amazes me how they remember when so many people must pass thorugh. Guess our tips were ok!

So.....on to the food

I started with the delicious Zooberry cocktail that I had last time, it's so good!

Our server brought out the bread

For starter, I had the scallops with a braised beef short rib and cauliflower puree. I could have eaten this again as my main meal....*DELICIOUS!*

Callie wanted some clam chowder, so we asked if they could do her a bowl, meaning a small one.....this is what she got. Dad had to help her!

Al chose the jumbo shrimp with polenta and fennel butter.

Lois went with the margherita flatbread

For my main course, I decided to go with the cantonese lobster. I really fancied surf and turf, but the surf was crab and I fancied lobster, so chose this. It was very nice, but the sauce is strong and does overpower the lobster. For the price ($60) I probably wouldn't choose it again, but it was tasty!

Callie had the kids filet

Lois had the adult filet

They have both asked if we're going back next trip, so they must have been happy! :D

Al chose the Berkshire pork which he said was very good

Callie had the 2 scoop sorbet

Lois the chocolate monster chose the Molten chocolate cake. We all had to try it and were not disappointed. It tasted as good as it looked!

Blue Zoo is not cheap, but it's a fabulous experience, the restaurant is lovely. Staff are knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. Our bill for the 4 of us with a couple of bottles of Fiji (my fave!), Shirley's, 1 beer, a bottle of wine and a Remy was $340, but we had a lovely evening and it was worth every cent! We'll be back!! :D
      Alec

BJ's Brewhouse at the Loop ( lunch )

After a morning shopping at The Loop, we decided to try BJ's restaurant and Brewhouse.

We shared the chicken tenders

Al chose the half a baked potato and soup combo ~ $6.95
      Broccoli & cheddar soup.

half baked potato & chilli

Lois had the pulled pork ~ $9.75

Callie had the kids pizza ~ $4.95 (includes drink)

I finally decided on the BBQ beef sandwich. It was so good! $9.25

We all really enjoyed it here. The place was nice and clean and service was very good. The bill with drinks was only $46 and we all enjoyed it. If you like The Cheesecake Factory i'm sure you'll like it here, it's a similar menu. Definitely one to go on our 'must do' list when we're next at The Loop!

Link to their website.
      Alec

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World