Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
      We are eating lunch at Yak & Yeti the day we do Animal Kingdom theme park at Walt Disney World Orlando also . I agree Leslie, we really liked it . Another Great Report . Keep Em Rolling Girlfriend I

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

O'hana - dinner

For this one we had a 6:55pm ADR. And we were actually on time! We checked in at the podium and then waited in the lounge area. Our pager went off a few minutes later and we were taken to our table.

Drinks: I had a diet coke and Devan had a bottle of beer (sorry I can't remember what kind as my notes are at home).

For starters: Ohana Welcome Bread and Mixed Greens with a Honey-Lime Dressing. We both really liked the bread and I tried the salad and it was really good.

For appetizers: Pork Dumplings with Sweet and Sour Sauce and Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings. The wings were really good and we both liked the sauce. However, I was the only one to try the dumplings and I didn't care for them at all.

Skewers: Prepared over an oak fire. Served with Peanut, Spicy Mustard, and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces. Mesquite Grilled Turkey, Asian Barbecued Pork Loin, Marinated Sirloin Steak and Spicy Grilled Peel-n-Eat Shrimp. The meat was not bad but not exceptionally good either. We both agreed that it was a bit dry. I think my favorite was the shrimp. I don't believe that either of us touched the sauces.

Accompaniments: Lo Mein Noodles tossed in a Teriyaki Sauce with Fresh Vegetables and Stir-fried Vegetables. Devan didn't try either of these. I thought the noodles were pretty decent. The vegetables turned out to be brocoli, and, well... nobody likes brocoli.

Dessert: Ohana Bread Pudding a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce. Best part of the whole meal IMO!!

Would we return? Maybe, maybe not. There was plenty here that we could eat, but there was also a lot of food wasted. I would like to give it another shot sometime, but I think with a party of more than 2 so that we wouldn't waste so much. The service was excellent, they promptly brought food to your table and offered seconds. I really loved the atmosphere too. While we were there they were in the middle of teaching a Hawaiian song and dance to the kids, and you could tell both kids and parents were really excited about getting to participate.

Price: Adult buffet: $36.99 each. I believe the beer was around $5. So approximately $78.98 plus tax and tip.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333830644.272250.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  142.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333830809.806101.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  149.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333830827.024356.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  134.0 KB

Ok so for whatever reason my computer won't let me upload my pics. So here they are from my phone.

---
      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sfz1jh
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electric Umbrella - lunch

We had just finished with Mission Space and Test Track and were headed towards Soarin when we decided we wanted to stop for lunch. Both of us had the Chicken Nuggets (8 pieces). Devan had his with french fries while I had mine with grapes. For drinks we orded a coke and a diet coke and both of us had cheesecake for dessert.

Would we return? Probably. While the food is really nothing special, it's an ok place to grab a quick bite to eat.

Price: Two orders of nuggets @ $8.19 each, two sodas @ 2.79 each and two orders of cheesecake for 3.59 each. Totals $29.14 plus tax.

Kona Cafe - dinner

Yay, I have food pics for this one! We left Epcot well before closing today for our 5pm ADR. I think we were seated just a few minutes after we were checked in.

For drinks I ordered a diet coke and Devan ordered a coke.

I ordered the Coconut-Almond Chicken. Breaded and Baked Chicken Breast served with a Salad of Asian Greens, fresh Fruit and Almonds.

Oh my goodness, this was soooo good! I especially loved the fact that it was so light, so it was perfect for someone who is supposed to be losing weight. Even though it was so delicious I only managed to eat about half of it.

Devan order the Teriyaki-style New York Strip. Sirloin Strip grilled with pineapple Teriyaki Glaze served with Sticky Rice and Stir-fried Brocoli.

He really really liked this. But remember how I said earlier that nobody likes brocoli? Well, that applies here too. He was able to substitute the brocoli for more rice. I don't think he left anything on his plate.

For dessert I ordered the No Sugar Added Apple Stack with Cinnamon, Sour Cream and Crisp Won Tons served wtih Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream. This was the perfect ending to a perfect dinner. I think I ate everything. Devan ordered the White Chocolate Cheesecake. Cheesecake filled with a hint of White Chocolate, Strawberry Coulis, and Whipped Cream. I think he liked it, but didn't finish it. I was so into my dessert that I wasn't paying any attention to him.

Would we return? Abosolutely! As a matter of fact, we did return for breakfast on our last day, and I will most definately make ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) for both breakfast and dinner on our next trip. I think that the wait staff here is excellent.

Price: Two drinks @ $2.99 each, Chicken Entree @ $16.99, Steak @ $28.99 (thank goodness for free dining!), cheesecake @ $5.49 and apple stack @ $6.49. Totals to $63.94 plus tax and tip.

Starring Rolls Cafe - breakfast

We arrived at Hollywood Studios a bit later than expected this morning, because DBF, hemhem, had too much to drink at the pool bar the night before. Despite my warnings that Disney didn't cheat you out of any alcohol, he had a few too many shots of southern comfort.

Anyways, by the time we reached the park, I was starving and Devan needed to get something is his stomach. Devan said he needed to visit the restroom so I was to go in and pick something out for both of us and meet him at a table. For me I got an apple turnover and a blueberry muffin for Devan. I liked the turnover enough. I didn't get to try the muffin, and I don't think he ate very much of it, but it looked really good.

Would we return? I think so. This place has a lot of yummy looking stuff. I kinda regret not getting a muffin for myself.

Price: A turnover @ $2.39 and a muffin @ $2.59 for a grand total of $4.98 plus tax.

So I have to add in what I think is a funny story here. So I said that Devan had to go use the restroom while I waited in line right? Well, when I was waiting for him at a table, a guy sat down with his wife and kids and the table behind me and told them that there was a guy in the bathroom throwing up in the trashcan. I think I turned red and started laughing at the same time. Sure enough, when Devan showed up and I asked him about it he said it was him and all the stall were taken and when you gotta barf you gotta barf. I'm still teasing him about it.

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater - lunch

This is one of my favorites for lunch while at Disney Hollywood Studios theme park at WDW. Devan was starting to feel a little bit better by lunch time and we hadn't been on too many rides as the place was absolutely packed . For this one we had a 12:55pm ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) and made it in plenty of time with about a 10 minute wait after checking in.

For drink we ordered a coke and diet coke (are you starting to see a pattern here?). Devan ordered the Reuben: Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese and Thousand Island Dressing on Marble Rye Bread served with a Pickle Spear and choice of Cucumber Salad or French Fries. He opted to go with the french fries. He really liked it, but I refused to try a bite as it had too many yucky things on it. I ordered the simple and safe Angus Chuck Burger: Flame-broiled Beef Patty topped with Cheedar or Swiss, Sauteed Mushrooms, crispy Bacon, Lettuce, and Vine-ripened Tomatoes served with a choice of Cucumber Salad or French Fries. I too ordered fries, and had cheddar cheese. It was really yummy, one of my favorite burgers at WDW.

After his not feeling good earlier and being full from his sandwich, Devan decided not to order a dessert. I ordered the Apple Crumble which is served with vanilla ice cream. I had this last time I was here and was really looking forward to it. It did not disappoint! It was so warm and cold at the same time and I seriously had to tear myself away from it because if I had eaten the whole thing I was sure to bust!

Would we return? YES! Maybe not on the next trip as I always come here and there are other places at Disney Hollywood Studios theme park at WDW that I want to try, but I will definately be back at some point in the future!

Price: Two drinks @ $3.19 each, the reuben @ $12.49, burger @ $14.99 and apple crumble @ $7.99. Grand total $41.85 plus tax and tip.

Everything Pop - dinner

Seeing as Disney Hollywood Studios theme park at WDW was so crowded, we left the park early and decided to have dinner at the hotel. We definately ate more at the hotel foodcourt this trip than I ever had in the past.

Devan opted for the Meatball Sub while I had the Individual Cheese Pizza. Devan said that the sub was just ok, it was nothing really special. I liked my pizza, but only managed to eat about half of it. Both of us had the cheesecake for dessert. This was just your regular plain jane cheesecake, but it was still good.

Would we return? Yes, and we did!

Price: Meatball sub @ $7.99, cheese pizza @ $6.09 and two cheesecakes @ $3.59 each. Grand total $21.26 plus tax.

Biergarten - dinner

This is absolutely a must do and I think I have been here on every trip since 2009, with the exception of the UOG meet in 2010 as it was a short visit.

I was really really looking forward to German food tonight! We had an ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) for 4pm and arrived a little early and were seated just shortly after checking in. This is another one of those buffets where I don't remember exactly what we had. The dinner menu includes, but is not limited to, seasonal salads, traditional sausages, rotisserie chicken, roast pork, red cabbage, sauerkraut, potatoes, schnitzel and assorted desserts, including apple strudel and Bavarian cheesecake. I think what I was looking forward to the most was potato leek soup with pretzel bread. When we were seated our waiter announced that there were some changes to the buffet. Instead of potato leek soup they were now serving some sort of goulash. What?!? I was so upset. Some one told me a few days later that if you ask someone they can prepare it for you.

This is one of the few buffets that there is not a single thing that I like for dessert. I love German food, but I find the desserts to be digusting. I think that I had some strawberries and vanilla pudding. Oh yes, and for drinks we both had our regular sodas.

Now, I don't know what it was with me that day, but I wasn't really feeling right. Sometimes the meds I was on for my back made me feel not necessarily sick, but more like I want to die. I was having that feeling, plus the feeling that my back was going to give out at any minute and I was in a ton of pain. Devan knows when I need to get out of a place quickly, so he hunted down our waiter so that we could pay and get back to the hotel room ASAP. This was the shortest trip to Biergarten that I have ever made, we were probably only in there 20, maybe 30 minutes. We didn't even get to see any entertainment, which I felt bad about because it was Devan's first trip.

From a previous trip:

Would we return? Definately yes! I would like to return on our next visit as this time was cut so short, just to experience the entertainment, but again there are many other places I want to try.

Price: two adult dinner buffets @ $32.99 each. Grand total $65.98 plus tax and tip.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World