Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I made a mistake!

I realised when checking my reservations last night that i've forgotten to add my 1 year old nephew onto the booking for Jiko and California Grill.

I called the reservation line who advised me that I couldn't add another person on without amending my resi times....unfortunately there weren't any suitable times left for either restaurant for a party of 9.

Can anyone advise me on the best thing to do? He's not going to be eating but I realise I have to add him to the reservations.

I did the same thing for our resi at T-Rex and I called them directly to add him on and they were fine about it. Shall I try the same thing for these 2 restaurants? If so, does anyone know how to find their direct phone numbers?

Thanks!

To me it shouldn't be a problem to show up with him. I'd play 'dumb'. Its not like he's eating a meal, so the biggest issue is (potentially) needing a high chair, right? Maybe he can sit on peoples laps?

using Tapatalk 2
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

(407) 939-3463 California Grill

(407) 938.3000 Jiko---There is a disclaimer saying not to use the direct number for reservations, but this might be something more then the normal need. I would call and explain that the child will not be eating and only needs to be able to be seated in a highchair while the others in your party eat.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

I would suggest calling the restaurant directly. Since he is only a year old I don't think it should be a problem. The California Grill is 407-824-1576 and JIKO is 407-939-3463

I would just turn up and ask for a high chair rather than alert them to the fact.
      Paula

Senior Cast Member littlepickering's Avatar
      I agree with Paula and Think Tink, just take the baby, I doubt you will be asked to leave. BTW if you are asked to leave I never suggested that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaK View Post
      I would just turn up and ask for a high chair rather than alert them to the fact.
      I totally agree. When we went I booked ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) for all 4 of us (Ava was 7 months). However, when we turned up some places had her on the reservation and some didn't. Was never a problem getting a high chair for her. I wouldn't worry.

Disney-holic Family TimonAndPumba's Avatar
      With the above, a 1 year old shouldn't cause problems... I think you'll be fine just turning up with your Nephew :)
      Timon And Pumba = DDad , DMum , DSister , DBrother ... and Me

July-August 2002 - Offsite
      July-August 2003 - Hilton in WDW
      July-August 2006 - West USA & Grand Floridian
      August 2009 - Contemporary & Offsite
      October-November 2013 - Western USA & Contemporary

Quote Originally Posted by TimonAndPumba View Post
      With the above, a 1 year old shouldn't cause problems... I think you'll be fine just turning up with your Nephew :)
      If there is any comment made just plead ignorance to needing to include a child that wouldn't be dinning.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World