Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Supreme Cast Member Indydisneyfan's Avatar

Kouzzina closing

Just found out that Cat Cora's restaurant will be closing on Sept. 30th this year. We ate there last time and loved it. There will be a new restaurant but no name was given.

2003 Honeymoon Orange Lake CC
      2005 Christmas All Star Sports
      2007 Summer All Star Sports
      2010 Christmas Coronado Springs Resort
      2011 All Star Movies F&W Festival
      2012 Pop Century F&G Festival
      2013 POR and Orange Lake CC

We all really liked breakfast there but I didn't rate dinner much. I think DH liked it though. Hope they put something decent there.
      Paula

Supreme Cast Member Indydisneyfan's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by PaulaK View Post
      We all really liked breakfast there but I didn't rate dinner much. I think DH liked it though. Hope they put something decent there.
      I hope you are correct. My wife loved the Blackberry Sangria and we both loved the short ribs. I can't recall off the top of my head what I ate for dinner but it was delicious. Have to look back at my TR. We never ate breakfast there but our friends do and that is on their list every year or was.

2003 Honeymoon Orange Lake CC
      2005 Christmas All Star Sports
      2007 Summer All Star Sports
      2010 Christmas Coronado Springs Resort
      2011 All Star Movies F&W Festival
      2012 Pop Century F&G Festival
      2013 POR and Orange Lake CC

My only disappointment was on my first visit. I ordered a Metaxa after dinner. The only Metaxa I was familiar with wad Greek Brandy. This one was ouzo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We've only eaten breakfast at the 'meet' which was excellent. Fingers crossed for a good replacement

Cath

Disney-holic Family TimonAndPumba's Avatar
      What a shame - we never got around to trying this one! I hope a good replacement comes along :)
      Timon And Pumba = DDad , DMum , DSister , DBrother ... and Me

July-August 2002 - Offsite
      July-August 2003 - Hilton in WDW
      July-August 2006 - West USA & Grand Floridian
      August 2009 - Contemporary & Offsite
      October-November 2013 - Western USA & Contemporary

Wonder what prompted this decision? I'm very surprised It only changed from Spoodles a few years ago! O.K. breakfast is not very busy, but dinner is always very busy when we are around!Please not another "quick poor food" place! We love breakfast here,sitting outside is so nice.My DH also loves to order the Fishermans Stew EVERY time he's in there! As the Flying Fish is next door I can't see it being in a similar vein! Oh well, fingers crossed. Linda

Jon
      I’m surprised its changing so soon after its last transition. Like others our only experience was breakfast, which was fine enough. It’s never really been on our radar otherwise though. Maybe it just hasn’t captured peoples interest as much as some of its neighbours.
      The Artist Formerly Known as Kiltedwarrior

It'll be 5 years old just before it closes which surprised me! I guess the lease was up and it's not making enough. I hope it'll be something good and not another buffet!

From The Orlando Sentinel;

Kouzzina by Cat Cora, a Mediterranean-style restaurant at Disney World, is closing. Its final day will be Sept. 30. Reservations will be taken for meals through that date.

A "new concept" -- but unidentified -- restaurant, will take its place later this fall, a Disney World internal memo said.

"Walt Disney World regularly reviews and updates the portfolio of food and beverage offerings here," the memo said.

Cora and Walt Disney World released a joint statement on Monday.

"After five successful years operating Kouzzina by Cat Cora, we have decided to move on to new opportunities," it said. "We are very appreciative of the amazing Cast Members who made Kouzzina by Cat Cora such a popular destination. Our collaboration has been an incredible adventure and we are very proud of the restaurant we created and the experiences we provided to countless families who enjoyed everything Walt Disney World Resort has to offer. It is our hope to work together again in the future.”

The restaurant, owned and operated by Disney, opened at Disney's BoardWalk in 2009. A restaurant called Spoodles was previously in that BoardWalk location.
      Paula

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World