Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

New Fastpass system?

New Fastpass system?

I am incredibly bored this evening as the firewall on my work network seems to not like me so I thought I would carry on trying to catch up on all of the park news I have missed while I have been away.

First of all let me just say, haven't we got a lovely group of people on here!!!!! Looking at other sites people are just so negative and it actually brought me down quite a bit

Anyway back to my point, there is something mentioned about a new fastpass system where they are going to allow you to have so many a day and then the speculation is you can buy more, or that it will be tiered depending on where you are staying.

Has anyone heard anything regarding this?
      Trish
      xxx

Supreme Cast Member Steamboat Willie's Avatar
      From what I've read (take it with a pinch of salt) FPs will still work the same. However, resort guests will receive advance FPs as well as the existing system. I haven't seen anywhere that has stated more will be available to buy. However, it looks like the type of resort will affect how many advance FP tickets you get eg 1 for a value for 3 for a deluxe.

I agree, Tishypops. "Other" sites seem to have been taken hostage by a very bristly mob who like to look down their nose at any who dares to ask questions or who doesn't walk the Disney line to their specifications. I had enough of that real quick. This community is a haven to my family. Couldn't be a nicer bunch!

I am looking forward to the FP system being amended in favor or resort guests. It's simply not fair to stand in line for a FP behind a tour operator for 15 yr old girls while he processes 100 at a time and they are all staying down at Motel 6.

One definite thing that would up on property stays would be to include in all resort packages 2 FP a day for each guest. Then they could be pre chosen (like a DDP ADR) and FP would still be available for all park guests, but on property guests would have a little edge over the tour groups and day guests that seem to live to own every FP they can.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

I'm not sure I agree with you Justin - sorry :(. We never stay on site, being honest partly cost but also we like where we stay, it's nice and central for us allowing us to be close by Disney and DTD but also easy access to shopping/dining and other attractions, and being honest even if i suddenly had a windfall id still stay in this hotel. But we still pay a lot for our holiday and park tickets so to say we have less right of access to a FP seems a little unfair. Maybe a separate FP machine for resort guests?? I dunno?? But, not everyone can afford to stay at Disney hotels so I think it's wrong to suggest non-resort guests have less rights.

Maybe Disney will go for a system similar to what was operated in Paris? When we last stayed at the Disneyland hotel we were given a number of fastpasses at check in. I can't remember exactly how many as it's a good few years since we've been. I think it was per day It certainly was a bonus over the busy New Year period

The Castle Club operated (if memory serves me) with a system like FOTL access at Universal as I said if we ever returned that's where we'd be staying!

Cath

The FP system is that Disney has is for all guests and makes Disney a standalone in the field. Universal allows resort guests to have special access (paid for by them if they want it) to the attractions. I don't think that making FP only for resort guests is a good idea; like Lorraine says not everyone can afford to stay on property, but i do think they need to make an effort that they are not being abused by park guests as well. If you are frustrated that the FP are gone and you are off property, you probably assume that the resort guests scarfed them up and you missed out. Well being a resort guest and hitting the unavailable signs on the FP machines makes you really frustrated. Then to see that it is not resort guests that got them but a large group that stayed off property and had a scout deplete the FP machine... They really need to come up with a way to assure that you have a shot at FP without having to camp out at the machine.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

Yeah. See I love the Disney FP. I really hate the universal one and think its a total con. Particularly that you pay extra for the express pass and are allowed to use it once per ride I think that's disgusting (think sea worlds is the same) and what's annoying is a) the price changes depending in seasons but also b) we once went to IOA it was chocca bought express pass (I don't get one I refuse on principle) n so decided the time we visited the studios we would buy one as soon as we got in and we didn't need one so wasted a lot of money.
      i can understand people being narked and maybe the system needs reviewing and tweaking but I just think its a little unfair that guests staying at the resort hotels have more rights, as I said not everyone could afford to stay there.

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by tweenie123 View Post
      Maybe Disney will go for a system similar to what was operated in Paris? When we last stayed at the Disneyland hotel we were given a number of fastpasses at check in. I can't remember exactly how many as it's a good few years since we've been. I think it was per day It certainly was a bonus over the busy New Year period

The Castle Club operated (if memory serves me) with a system like FOTL access at Universal as I said if we ever returned that's where we'd be staying!
      Was that just for the Disneyland Hotel itself? I've always stayed at DLRP hotels (all at some point except the Big One, although I have resort hopped it lol) and never had that happen. Would be nice if it did.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World