Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

RFID Mugs

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      I'll be getting a free one in November, but, next year I will pay out for a new one, I wish they would go back to the different styles for each resort though if we do have to pay.

I can't remember the last time we bought cups although it would've made financial sense at the BWV at Christmas. Bryan drank about three cups of coffee per day and I worked out it could have saved us a fortune.

Cath

we always get the mugs as its good value, but i dont understand how a count down chip will stop people getting drinks after your allowance is finished maybe its like the mission impossible tapes and it will explode when the count down reaches 00
      carlene
      Damfino likes this.

I think it simply won't work. The countdown is just so you can see how many days of your holiday you have left :0(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Damfino likes this.
      Trish
      xxx

Quote Originally Posted by carlene View Post
      but i dont understand how a count down chip will stop people getting drinks after your allowance is finished
      When the mug is purchased the chip is coded at the till with the expiry date. The scanner in the drink machine can read the chip and only dispense a drink into a valid cup. Single use paper cups will also have chips for a maximum of 3 refills during one meal. All cups will be coded to only receive a drink every ten minutes to stop people dumping drink into other containers.
      Alec

From what I understand about their use on cruise ships, if the chip isn't valid, the drink doesn't dispense. I think that's why there's a time limit on refills so you can't put one cup down and keep switching it for others. ;)
      Paula

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      [QUOTE=Tishypops;70864]I think it simply won't work. The countdown is just so you can see how many days of your holiday you have left :0(

Just what we need, a reminder of how much time we have left on our trip.

Well, I think it is GREAT idea to stop the creeps that bring mugs back and the pictures on the side are almost worn off from use. You KNOW the mugs are old ones and it really bothers me that Disney let them get away with it. We only bought mugs once. I drank Diet Coke by the gallon and it was nice to get the soda whenever I wanted. We got the mugs free twice when we got a 'package' and I never used it. DD got hot chocolate once a day when she was staying with us. DBF drank the Diet Coke.
      My first name is CHRIS. I live in NE Ohio.
      Seller name on eBay: square_pegs

Can they be used in the parks now also? I don't get the time code.

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World