Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      We've seen crazy lines like those for Soarin' and TSM. I would absolutely NEVER wait that long for any ride. That's where the "there's always next time" line comes in.
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Last year in May it was the opening of Star Tours. DD got to ride twice in less than 30 Minutes. The park opened early and no one really knew it. We got there to get in line at 8:15 am for the 9 am opening. When we got there, the park was open. She ran up and walked right in, came right out and got back on. She was happy. Later the line was outrageous. It round around near the ride 6 or 7 times, went down the road, by the muppets, around another corner to where the city scape is. The timer and the fast pass time didn't work. We asked a CM and they told us the wait was 3 1/2 hours and fast passes were not being given out anymore. NO WAY would we have waited that long.

Just checked out the park lines app and TSM is at 55 minutes, park has only been open 7 minutes!!!

---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.477505,-2.357483
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Trish
      xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Tishypops View Post
      Just checked out the park lines app and TSM is at 55 minutes, park has only been open 7 minutes!!!
      That always flips me out. The ONLY time we got FPs for that ride was the day we got in early and DD got the two rides on Star Tours. While she was on the ride I took off with the park tickets and got the FPs and the wait was still an hour away. That is the major attraction of the park. Everyone heads over there first. I can only ride it every other trip. It jerks around so much. Makes my back hurt.

I can't understand how after all this time the waits are still this bad, I can understand the first year it opened but come on surely everyone has ridden it by now lol

---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.477326,-2.357262
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Trish
      xxx

Quote Originally Posted by dizneymom View Post
      Last year in May it was the opening of Star Tours. DD got to ride twice in less than 30 Minutes. The park opened early and no one really knew it. We got there to get in line at 8:15 am for the 9 am opening. When we got there, the park was open. She ran up and walked right in, came right out and got back on. She was happy. Later the line was outrageous. It round around near the ride 6 or 7 times, went down the road, by the muppets, around another corner to where the city scape is. The timer and the fast pass time didn't work. We asked a CM and they told us the wait was 3 1/2 hours and fast passes were not being given out anymore. NO WAY would we have waited that long.
      We were there around that time, there were days when they wouldn't even tell you how long the queue was likely to be.
      It was during the soft openings and regularly the line would stop for 20 minutes or so due to "a fault". Having not even got inside the building in an hour I gave up and came back another day.
      A lot of fuss about not a great improvement in my opinion
      1 - Howard Johnson Maingate East - Kissimmee - Oct 93
      2 & 3 - Econolodge Hawaiian - Kissimmee - July 97 & July 99!
      4 & 5 - All Star Sports - Sept 2003 & Sept/Oct 04
      6 - Coronado Springs - Sept 06
      7 & 10 - Old Key West - Dec 08 & May 11
      8 & 11 - Newport Bay Club Paris - Oct 09 & Jul 11
      9 - Disneyland Hotel California - June 10
      12 - Walt Disney Family Museum - Nov 12

Yeah, the longest I've seen is around 180 minutes for TSM.

WDW Trips - '87, '96, '98, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, Nov '06, Dec '06, '07, '09* - NEXT: April 2012 @ CSR.

15" MacBook Pro 64GB iPad 2 32GB iPhone 4s

When we were last there in July 2007 there were lines of 180 mins+ at Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Test Track and Soaring :eek:,some of them in the afternoon rain, needless to say we did not join them although others were. :eek::eek:
      In July Fast Passes and Extra Magic Hour's the way to go.

Mouseketeer
      I've seen 260 mins for Test Track on NYE. I figure the philosophy folks must take is they have to be somewhere waiting for the countdown to NYE--might as well stand in line....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World