Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

A DVC/renting points question.

Is renting points from Disney Vacation Club owners worthwhile?
      I'm afraid we know nothing at all about Disney Vacation Club/booking/renting points or how it works.
      Redkop and I really want to get a week on-site in 2012 so are looking at all the options.
      I know how the AP discount thing works but can anyone explain Disney Vacation Club point renting to us, please? :)

WDW - 15 times-AKL, Contemporary, Polynesian, CBR, POR, AS sports, Pop Century, RPH, HRH, Portofino Bay, Wynfield Inn, Quality Inn, Regal Palms, Lindfield Villa, Bahama Bay Resort, Yacht Club, CSR. Liki Tiki Village
      DLRP - 10 times Santa Fe, Hotel Cheyenne, Holiday Inn, Dream Castle, Explorers.

I am really interested how this works too.

Basically you pay a Disney Vacation Club member to make a reservation in your name. The going rate is $10/point though some charge more for BLT and you can be offered a discount if the member has points about to expire.

It is based a great deal on trust - the renter has NO control at all over the reservation and is dependent on the member making and keeping the reservation for them. Disney Vacation Club member services will not intervene and will not discuss the reservation with anyone apart from the member.

On the plus side - it's a good deal cheaper than making a cash ressie at a Disney Vacation Club property. For example a standard view studio at BLT for 1 week would be $3200 inc tax at rack rate from CRO. The same studio on points would be 104 points will at the $12 some people charge for BLT would still only be $1248.
      Alec

Hhhmmm, can be a bit of a gamble, then?

Thanks, hun. :D

WDW - 15 times-AKL, Contemporary, Polynesian, CBR, POR, AS sports, Pop Century, RPH, HRH, Portofino Bay, Wynfield Inn, Quality Inn, Regal Palms, Lindfield Villa, Bahama Bay Resort, Yacht Club, CSR. Liki Tiki Village
      DLRP - 10 times Santa Fe, Hotel Cheyenne, Holiday Inn, Dream Castle, Explorers.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecK View Post

On the plus side - it's a good deal cheaper than making a cash ressie at a Disney Vacation Club property. For example a standard view studio at BLT for 1 week would be $3200 inc tax at rack rate from CRO. The same studio on points would be 104 points will at the $12 some people charge for BLT would still only be $1248.
      OMG, we were wondering how much it would have cost to pay for the week at BLT, didn't realise it would be that much! :eek:

Renting sounds like a good deal

Aren't there websites that act as go-betweens or are they only for buying and selling Disney Vacation Club memberships?
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
      Hhhmmm, can be a bit of a gamble, then?

Thanks, hun. :D
      The best way is to find a renter who can provide references, a lot even draw up formal contracts and accept paypal etc so there is some degree of comeback.
      Alec

Quote Originally Posted by MKJo View Post
      Aren't there websites that act as go-betweens or are they only for buying and selling Disney Vacation Club memberships?
      Some other forums have Disney Vacation Club rent/transfer sections and there is now a site set up to match members to renters - it takes credit cards so you would get protection there but I believe the fees are higher. google Disney Vacation Clubrequest.

I have to add - I have never rented points in or out of my account so have no hands on experience - please proceed with caution if you choose to rent points by any method above.
      Alec

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World