Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Forum Newcomer!

Transportation Around WDW

This is my first time posting on here so Hi to all. I am staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World in April and wanted to get any pointers on transportation around to various places. What is the best way to get to other hotels (i.e. ride to one of the parks and catch a bus, how long does it take to get around, etc)? Thanks for any help.

Jon
      Welcome Hightower

I guess it depends on which resorts you’re planning to visit. Your best bet is to take a bus to the nearest park and either walk, monorail, boat or bus from there. Alternatively, you could bus to Downtown Disney and just hop on whichever resort bus you need.

Forum Newcomer!
      As of now, the only route I know I need of is getting to the Grand Floridian by 9:15 one morning. Will I ever be better off taking a cab around? Thanks for the reply!

I don't know if you need a cab, but I know if you use buses, you should allow at least an hour for travel time.
      My first name is CHRIS. I live in NE Ohio.
      Seller name on eBay: square_pegs

A walking SportsCenter SportsMickey's Avatar
      For the Grand, bus to MK, Monorail to the Grand
      Artist formerly known as JuniorMickey

Jon
      Quote Originally Posted by SportsMickey View Post
      For the Grand, bus to MK, Monorail to the Grand

It’s the Quickest method without spending money to get there. Allow about 30 mins travel time though.

dont know the answer, but wanted to say

I agree with what was posted earlier by SM .

Welcome to the forum

Disney transportation is a piece of cake - they make it VERY easy, just know that at some times it can be very time consuming, especially if you are going from resort to resort because unless you're on the monorail line (I.e., Grand to the Poly) you are going to have at least a 1 layover somewhere to get to your final destination.
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
      I agree with what was posted earlier by SM .

Welcome to the forum

Disney transportation is a piece of cake - they make it VERY easy, just know that at some times it can be very time consuming, especially if you are going from resort to resort because unless you're on the monorail line (I.e., Grand to the Poly) you are going to have at least a 1 layover somewhere to get to your final destination.
      Keep in mind that WDW transportation only goes from Resort to Park and Park to Resort (with the exception of the TTS)...since there is no direct way to go from resort to resort you have to allow for travel time. Usually there is no real problem getting to a park and then back to a differnt resort, the only time that it becomes an issue is for an early morning ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) or a late night return after the park busses have ended. For any resort that is serviced by Monorail it is best to go to either MK or Epcot and then use the monrail to travel to the resort. Leave at least 30-45 minutes travel time..so if you have a 9:00 AM ADR (Advance Dining Reservations) you need to be on your way by no later then 8:15 to get there.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World