Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Decorating room windows?

Has anyone done this at any of the hotels? I'd love to decorate our two room windows with some birthday stuff for our room for DH and some Mickey heads from Home Depots paint section. How did it go over when you did this and does anyone have a pics?

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

1989 Grand Floridian ~ 1996 Grand Floridian ~ 1998 Beach Club ~ 2008 Pop Century ~ 2009 Polynesian ~ 2011 Caribbean Beach ~ June 2014 Wilderness Lodge

have just phoned FQ to ask a simlar question, you can decorate your room but no pins in walls no decs at the windows and you mustn't damage the paint work, apart from that go nuts ! (may differ for each hotel) the CM also said to ask for the birthday badge at reception and for a birthday wake up phone call from Goofy.
      carlene

So no decorations in the window? That's where I was hoping to do the most decorating. Oh well. I bought a couple of things for inside the room so that should be fine. Thanks!

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

1989 Grand Floridian ~ 1996 Grand Floridian ~ 1998 Beach Club ~ 2008 Pop Century ~ 2009 Polynesian ~ 2011 Caribbean Beach ~ June 2014 Wilderness Lodge

They mean nothing ON the windows. Some people go crazy with snow spray, not fun for Mousekeepers to clean. We have used those gel things that peel on the windows at Christmas though and no-one said anything or billed us for cleaning afterwards.
      Paula

I've seen LOTS of windows decorated at WDW.

sorry if i got it wrong, i will be taking birthday hangings with us and i will double check the window thing when we get there. i mentioned blu tac for the walls which the CM said was fine so long as it doesn't leave marks. i too have seen decs on windows on previous visits but thought maybe they had changed the rules, maybe people were using selotape on the windows that can be a pain the clean off too
      carlene

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      Masking tape could work, it doesn't leave marks. We have used those little suction hooks for our window decorations if you can get hold of them, they definitely leave no marks. Blu Tack can leave marks on paintwork, so be careful.

Thanks everyone!

May 2011 PTR

May 2011 Trip Report

June 2014 PTR

Senior Cast Member DisneyHayley's Avatar
      I've decorated our windows at Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW before - and had quite a bit up the night of MNSSHP. I used blu tack (not sure if this is the same name in the US) and no one said anything! We gave the windows a wipe before we left.

I'll try and see if we have a photo :)
      :) Me and DH - Married at WDW Aug 2010 :)

I've stayed at: All Star Movies, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (and sailed the Disney Wonder twice!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World