Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Well we loved the Beach Club when we stayed there for Jo/Jo's wedding, but now that Paula mentions it , it did smell a bit like seafood . So next year for our 25th , we are planning on staying at the YC . I just love being close to Epcot and Stormalong Bay .

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

It's also worth pointing out as well that the BC has loads of rooms without balconies, if you prefer one the YC is the better option to get one.
      Alec

Senior Cast Member DisneyHayley's Avatar
      Thank you for the thoughts :) Seems the overwhelming response is in favour of the YC!!
      :) Me and DH - Married at WDW Aug 2010 :)

I've stayed at: All Star Movies, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (and sailed the Disney Wonder twice!)

Disney-holic Family TimonAndPumba's Avatar
      Just based on visiting the resorts, rather than stays, we really like the Yatch Club too
      Timon And Pumba = DDad , DMum , DSister , DBrother ... and Me

July-August 2002 - Offsite
      July-August 2003 - Hilton in WDW
      July-August 2006 - West USA & Grand Floridian
      August 2009 - Contemporary & Offsite
      October-November 2013 - Western USA & Contemporary

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyHayley View Post
      A lot of food for thought! There's just something about the BoardWalk Inn Resort at Walt Disney World Orlando that I LOVE.

I managed to catch the first MNSSHP in Sept 2008 and really loved it! NBC is one of my favourite films ever ever and Haunted Mansion is probably my favourite ride in WDW so I loved hearing the music everywhere :) Would love to go again! I've wanted to go to F&WF since forever so Oct/Nov definitely appeals!

Oooh I've just seen that MVMCP starts on Nov 8th this year - wonder if timing was good we might be able to hit them all! :) When do Xmas decs usually go up?
      If you time it right, you can just squeeze in the last MNSSHP dates (there is usually one a day or two after halloween), F&W and the first of the MVMCP date in a two week holiday. I think that the main decs aren't up around WDW and the hotels until after thanksgiving.

Have to say though that having Christmas celebrations on a balmy early November evening is a bit strange.
      Quality Inn International - 1990; Grosvenor Resort - 1996
      Dixie Landings - 1997; All Star Sports - 1999
      Grosvenor Resort - 2002; Newport Bay Club (DLP) - 2003
      Pop Century - 2004; Jacksonville - 2005
      Port Orleans French Quarter - 2007 (with MNSSHP & MVMCP)
      Doubletree Redington Beach/Jacksonville/Doubletree Universal Orlando - 2008 (incl. visit to Richard Petty Driving Experience)
      Saratoga Springs Resort + Jacksonville - 2009
      Wyndham Bonnet Creek / Jacksonville / Disney's Vero Beach / Homewood Suites Bonita Springs - 2011 (MNSSHP + Halloween @ VeroBeach)
      Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Spring 2014

I will also add a vote for the Yacht Club. It is just quieter, more low key than the Beach Club-I love the decor of the YC lobby. We also enjoy the Beach Club, but the Yacht has always been our first choice if we can get a room there. We love not only Stormalong Bay, but the quiet pool at YC. Love being able to do laundry and swim at the same time. BC has a better store, you can't get warm food in the YC store, but that never bothered us-it isn't a far walk even from the farthest rooms at the YC. Good luck, what a nice decision to make!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World