Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      I would have to say GF. Everytime I go there to eat, I feel out of place. I would probably spend my whole stay thinking that I could have stayed at my favorite resort, Polynesian.

Quote Originally Posted by Indydisneyfan View Post
      The only resort we have visited and not had any ideas about staying at would be the Contemporary Resort. For some reason that resort just doesn't do it for us. It is too blah on the inside and just doesn't look "Disney" to us. I feel like we are walking into a hotel in Chicago rather than a resort at Disney. We like the location, access to the monorail, water, etc.. but the look and feel is just not there.
      I used to feel the same way you do about Contempory, that it didn't have that Disney feeling. Then, we decided to stay there because we got a good quote, and booked a wing room. When we got there, we were upgraded to the Tower, 8th floor. It was a magnificent view. It is now my youngest DD's favorite resort, and I wouldn't mind staying there again. I know it doesn't have that Disney theme, but everytime we stepped out of our room, we saw the MK, and it made us more excited and we got that Disney feeling.
      Last edited by GoofyDuck; 11-03-2011 at 12:55 AM.
      http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/2205/wdwepcot02crop.png

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
      I think that the Grand Floridian would be low on my list. While the inside is breathtaking.....anywhere that has knee deep carpet seems a bit too posh for my style. I'd feel like the Beverly Hillbillies rolling in.......
      Yeah I know what you mean..I felt underdressed when we went for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare ...anyplace that makes me want to spit on a napkin nad wipe my kids face as I walk in the door is just to upscale for my family. I would love to hear them say "Y'all come back now y'hear" though...it would make the place seem more fun and less stiff.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

Junior Cast Member greatdanedaddy's Avatar
      Mine would be Coronado Springs. It is a beautiful resort but it lacks the "Disney Feel". I think that is because it is a convention center. Stayed their once but won't stay their again.

John
      John

1980 Contemporary, 1987 Holiday Inn, 1989 Caribbean Beach, 1992 Dixie Landings, 1994 Sports, 1997 Port Orleans, 2000 Coronado Springs, 2001 Movies, 2003 Riverside, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Wilderness Lodge, 2007 Caribbean Beach, 2008 Music, 2009 French Quarter, 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge/French Quarter, 2011 Riverside, 2012 Wilderness Lodge.

Great question!
      Having visited all resorts, I wouldn't want to stay at Caribbean Beach or Coronado because they're too spread out. Also wouldn't be too keen on the All-Stars, not sure why, as we've stayed at Pop and enjoyed it, maybe because they seem a bit older and dated
      Wouldn't like FW either, don't care for cabins or camping and it's too spread out.
      Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink View Post
      I think that the Grand Floridian would be low on my list. While the inside is breathtaking.....anywhere that has knee deep carpet seems a bit too posh for my style. I'd feel like the Beverly Hillbillies rolling in.......
      I think they thought the Beverly Hillbillies had arrived when we turned up to stay

We had carrier bags from Publix filled with Bryan's beer and looked really bedraggled after being up for fourteen hours!

Cath

Quote Originally Posted by tweenie123 View Post
      I think they thought the Beverly Hillbillies had arrived when we turned up to stay

We had carrier bags from Publix filled with Bryan's beer and looked really bedraggled after being up for fourteen hours!
      That's how we'd be too. All in sweatpants, shaggy hair, rolley cooler, mismatched suitcases . You get the drift. It's also (sometimes) really 'quiet' in the lobby. I like the loud echoing sounds in the lobby at Pop. Sensory overload from the get-go.
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

Well with this current stay at CS we have stayed at all of the standard resorts except Beach Club and Fort Wilderness (we won't stay here because we aren't campers in any sense of the word). We haven't stayed in any villas. Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World is one that we most likely will not stay at again, because it is just too spread out for our liking. The only way I would stay at the Contemporary again is if I could afford a MK view from the main building or BLT.

Mouseketeer
      Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW. Had a disaster there last month and would never go back. That said, there is probably a 'hard luck' story for every resort.

Checked in and was given a ground floor studio room, the minute I walked in there was an overpowering smell of damp. The 'balcony' was also positioned 12 inches away from an air con unit. I asked to get moved and they gave me another studio the following day which was fine. 2 days later however there was a water leak from a hatch in the ceiling next to the bathroom door. Called maintenance who came out to repair it. 24 hours later, another leak from the same hatch but coming from 2 points. Having a coffee pot and an ice bucket positioned on the floor to catch the water was to much.

On the plus side, was moved to the WL for the last 9 nights.

As I said, I would never go back there but I am sure there will be the odd sorry tales from most of the resorts.

Mouseketeer
      weve eaten at the yacht and beach, and at the grand floridian. i didnt feel comfortable there, dont ask me why!!! ithink the high end hotels are too intimidating. i far prefer the atmosphere of the moderates and the ak and wl.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World