Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar

Any resorts you would not want to stay at and for what reason.

I love resort hopping, it's a chilling way to spend the day and of course you come away thinking that you would love to stay there. But, is there any WDW resorts you would not want to stay at and why.

I didn't like CBR, any resort that needs transport to get to breakfast is a big no way. Perhaps I picked a bad time, but, the food court and seating looked shabby (some of the seats had duct tape repairs on them) and I had a CM follow me around the shop as if she thought I was going to steal something (I was browsing while DD visited the restroom) It just didn't do it for me.

Supreme Cast Member Indydisneyfan's Avatar
      The only resort we have visited and not had any ideas about staying at would be the Contemporary Resort. For some reason that resort just doesn't do it for us. It is too blah on the inside and just doesn't look "Disney" to us. I feel like we are walking into a hotel in Chicago rather than a resort at Disney. We like the location, access to the monorail, water, etc.. but the look and feel is just not there.

2003 Honeymoon Orange Lake CC
      2005 Christmas All Star Sports
      2007 Summer All Star Sports
      2010 Christmas Coronado Springs Resort
      2011 All Star Movies F&W Festival
      2012 Pop Century F&G Festival
      2013 POR and Orange Lake CC

I think that the Grand Floridian would be low on my list. While the inside is breathtaking.....anywhere that has knee deep carpet seems a bit too posh for my style. I'd feel like the Beverly Hillbillies rolling in.......
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

I dont think the All Star resorts would be something I would like. They are so small....and they have too many people..and very noisey..I really like Deluxe but will do the Moderates. We planned a trip with two other couples. They staid at All Star Sports, we stayed at Port Orleans Resort Riverside resort at WDW because we made ressies later than they did....sports was full. We went to visit their rooms and I just felt claustraphobic..
      My first name is CHRIS. I live in NE Ohio.

I really disliked Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World and would never stay there again . Just to spread out .
      I never wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian either Think Tink , just too too for me !

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Disney-holic Family TimonAndPumba's Avatar
      This is hard We've not done as much resort hopping as we'd like to... I think if we had an opportunity to stay at any of the resorts we'd jump at it :D

I think the least preferred would be Wilderness Lodge - despite the fab restaurants and nice feel of the lobby, it feels a little too far out and secluded for my liking. I love being on the monorail line
      Timon And Pumba = DDad , DMum , DSister , DBrother ... and Me

July-August 2002 - Offsite
      July-August 2003 - Hilton in WDW
      July-August 2006 - West USA & Grand Floridian
      August 2009 - Contemporary & Offsite
      October-November 2013 - Western USA & Contemporary

We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World the first year that it opened and at the time we loved it!The layout especially,and the pool theming,and the music!! Sadly whilst in "the world" this year we revised our opinion! On one of the rainy days we stopped by.I so wish we had not!You are right Damfino,the whole place has been "let go" The "bathrooms" were awful,and the food court was so in need of refurbing we would not even stop for a coffee! Such a shame.

Coronado Springs..........we stopped off there a couple of years ago due to problems with a Disney bus. I know that they have a convention centre but it was so busy! We had a quick wander around and I just didn't feel 'at home' in the resort.

Cath

Fort Wildnerness is another I don't think I would like . Wilderness Lodge, eh, perhaps .

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World