Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who can tell me about OKW?

We're hoping that the fab Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW and Saratoga Springs Resort at WDW offers will come out again this time with free DDP. We tried Saratoga Springs Resort at WDW last time, and although I loved it, DH wasn't so keen. So, was just wondering what you all thought to Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW? We'd just be in a studio. There'll be DH and I, Ben, who'll be 6, and Ava, who'll be 2

Mouseketeer
      We stayed at Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW for 6 night last year and then move to SS for 6 nights. I really liked Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW and it made SS look very shabby. My parents who stayed there at the same time liked Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW so much they are buying Disney Vacation Club points there.
      Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW seamed as spread out as SS but the rooms where really quite and I thought they were much bigger than SS. The only down side was the food court (Or lack of one) we had to drive over to SS to get a CS meal as the only thing the served at Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW seamed to be burgers. Having said that we are hopping to go back for 19 nights this year so it can't have bothered us to much.

Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW has a CS place called Good's. It serves breakfast from 7:30 - 10:30. Items available include a croissant sandwich, a breakfast platter, oatmeal, cereal, grits, muffins, danish, bagels etc. For lunch and dinner they have Burgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, ham and cheese, turkey, tuna, salads, and soup. They also offer munchies, some kids picks and beverages.

In addition to the CS place they have a TS place called Olivia's. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

We really enjoyed Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW and stayed there for 14 nights last year in a 1 bed villa, I loved how quiet this resort is and the buses never seemed crowded and came in quickly I felt. I read that it is spread out and to far to walk to places but actually I think it depends on the person as we never thought it took to long to walk anywhere approx 15/20 mins walk for us end to end. I loved being in a villa the space was huge and in Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW you get 2 beds in a room as opposed to a sofa bed in SS. The Boat to DD was great to, the main down side was the limited menu at Goods to go and we were the 15 mins walk from this so it wasnt easy to grab a snack by the pool or get refil on the mugs but thats our main down side. You may also want to put in a preference for a building near to the hospitality house if it is important to be near amenities, but I prefer quiet so the further the better for me!! This is one of our top options for 21 nights next year, if the price was OK maybe the one we go for. I phoned UK wdw to see when this will be out it should be tommorrow.

It's my least favourite Disney Vacation Club resort. We ended up there because it was a late booking and the last turkey on the shelf. It's a little too retirement village for us, but if you want to switch off it's ok. Just want to add Saratoga Springs Resort at WDW is currently being refurbed.
      Paula

I'll let you know as we will be staying at Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW in 24 days . The food court won't matter as we usually freshen up and eat breakfast at the parks .

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

We've not stayed there but when we play golf and get paired up with other Disney Vacation Club members they are almost always staying at Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW. Perhaps as they are often older and love the peace at the resort although everyone speaks highly of the larger rooms too. We weren't Saratoga Springs Resort at WDW fans either though so feel free to ignore me on this subject!
      Ali

What did you think of it Debi?
      We'd pretty much decided on Port Orleans Resort French Quarter resort at WDW, but for what we want, Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW is coming out at only 10 more, so it's back in the running! I quite fancy it as I always like to stay somewhere new, and I like the little kitchens but would love some more opinions

JoR
      Senior Cast Member
      Will be staying at Old Key West Vacation Club Resort at WDW in a few days will report back. First time there chose it because it has the guaranteed two queens in the second bedroom
      ---
      Jo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World