Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Temporary fridge removal at resorts

Temporary fridge removal at resorts

Can I ask you a question, has the fridge been removed from your room? What has Disney said to you about it all?

Info in post no. 8 - PaulaK
      Last edited by PaulaK; 07-12-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: To add info as I split these posts from another thread.
      Trish
      xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Tishypops View Post
      Can I ask you a question, has the fridge been removed from your room? What has Disney said to you about it all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      no Trish we still have our fridge and to be honest I haven't seen any evidence of fridges being removed and I have to say if they try I will go bananas. The customer service manager didnt reply to my email he basically "copped" out and left a voicemail apologising for the delay getting back to me and that he was back in work today and that if I needed to speak with him could do so then, do you know what after all the cr@p I am ready for a row!

JoR
      Senior Cast Member
      Quote Originally Posted by Tishypops View Post

Word is that if the room is occupied they will not remove the fridge until the person checks out

Glad to see you hear you are feeling better
      ---
      Jo

Oh No, they better have the fridges back in the rooms when we go in September, Jim now has to bring along his nebulizer and meds which have to be refrigerated. I'm going to pack them in the carry on and put them in bag last before leaving hotel which has a fridge. We are at a hotel in Newark as our plane leaves at 6:30 AM on the 12th.

formerly known as : *** Tinker ***

I won't be impressed if we don't have a fridge!
      Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Debi View Post
      Oh No, they better have the fridges back in the rooms when we go in September, Jim now has to bring along his nebulizer and meds which have to be refrigerated. I'm going to pack them in the carry on and put them in bag last before leaving hotel which has a fridge. We are at a hotel in Newark as our plane leaves at 6:30 AM on the 12th.
      Make sure you contact them ahead of time and tell them you need a fridge for medical supplies.

Trish
      xxx

The thing is though, unless you've seen this on message boards, you'll just arrive assuming you've got a fridge, so you won't have requested one. That's where the problems will arise.

For those that haven't heard:

Due to a possible defect in the refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts, as well as Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Resort hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.

Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter in their room.
      This is due to a recall from the manufacturer, refrigerators are already being replaced today, it will just take some time to get to each one that was recalled. It wasn’t all of them but the majority pertaining to a specific model number.

*This is not affecting the family suites at the value hotels or any of the one, two and three bedroom villas*
      Paula

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      Very odd that it's ALL fridges, I hope it's not a ploy to start charging separately to have one in your rooms. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but, if there were defects then surely they would remove them immediately even if a guest were still in the room as they would be a danger.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World