Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Baby food

For those of you who have taken babies, have you taken your own food or bought it there? I'm trying to cut down as much on luggage as possible, but I don't know if it'd be better to take food with me that I know she'll eat, or wait and buy it there. She'll only be 6 months, so her nutrition will still be coming mainly from milk but the girl does enjoy eating
      Also, what about taking baby food on the plane? Can you take it through security?

I think it would have to be in your checked luggage with the exception of some in containers for the trip itself. I have never tried to buy babyfood when in WDW, if you will have a car there are a number of markets you can but it at no problem, but if you are on property with no vehicle then I am not sure. I do know you can have it delivered like any other grocery ites from Garden Grocer...you order your things and they will deliver it to your room on the date you give them.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

We will have a car. I'll be buying nappies when we get there as I've had a look on garden grocer and it's possible to get the same type in America. just trying to cut down as much as possible on what we need to take.

If you will have a car and you can get the type your that you currently use I'd just wait and but it over here, less muss and fuss and less packing too.
      Disney Dad

Disney is the World to Me

http://disneydad.smugmug.com

1999 WL; 2001 Off Property (Never Again); 2003 ASMo; 2007 ASMu (Family Suite); 2009 FWCG Cabin; 2011 Pop; 2012 CBR (Pirate Trip); 2013 Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa; 2014 Boys Trip to AOA in a Cars Suite

A walking SportsCenter SportsMickey's Avatar
      I remember Joanne saying she had a hard time with US baby food when sophie was little
      Artist formerly known as JuniorMickey

With any luck she might respond then :-)

Bec
      Quote Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
      For those of you who have taken babies, have you taken your own food or bought it there? I'm trying to cut down as much on luggage as possible, but I don't know if it'd be better to take food with me that I know she'll eat, or wait and buy it there. She'll only be 6 months, so her nutrition will still be coming mainly from milk but the girl does enjoy eating
      Also, what about taking baby food on the plane? Can you take it through security?
      We used a combination.

We were lucky that Logan liked the powdered Heinz food. A couple of those boxes go a long way - although Logan never ate much.

We took a container with powdered food on the plane and several boxes in the luggage.

There is a small range of baby food stocked in the boots airside and they will reserve items for you. You can then take those on board.

If you take them through security they wil have to be tasted - same goes for milk.

Logan loved the Gerber apple sauce in the US - so much so we used to bring it home and also the gerber apple juice.

I'm thinking things like apple and pear purée should be fine, it's more veg that I'm not sure of. Ben always hated jars, so I might experiment with some of those pouches as they don't look as plasticy if you see what I mean.
      What are these boxes? Are they a bit like the cereal? She has the Organix ones for breakfast, are they a bit like that.
      Won't have a problem with milk as I'm hoping to still be breatfeeding (assuming the little teeth she's started getting don't begin to bite lol!)

Bec
      Name:  036562.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  21.7 KB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World