Has anybody done this? What is your opinion of it? Yay or nay?
Results 1 to 3 of 3
07-14-2011, 05:00 PM #1
07-15-2011, 05:37 AM #2
Never heard of it, what is it?
07-15-2011, 08:05 AM #3
Characters in Flight operated by Aérophile takes you up in a giant tethered balloon 400 feet above Downtown Disney Area! Ascend in the sky for approximately 8 to 10 minutes and experience a breathtaking, 360–degree view of Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
And you'd know those silhouettes anywhere — it's Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Dumbo and other characters from some of Disney's most famous films! See them across the surface of the internally illuminated balloon that rises above you! It's a special design just for the Walt Disney World Resort.
This whimsical balloon — the Aéro30 — was built by Aérophile S.A., a company with headquarters in Paris, France. It's the world's largest tethered gas balloon! The balloon itself is attached to a gondola that is 19 feet in diameter and holds up to 29 Guests and the pilot at a time. Guests board from a specially designed platform and then, once in the air, revel in a spectacular view of vistas up to 10 miles away!
Weather permitting, the hours of operation are every day from 10 a.m. to midnight.
- $18 Adult (tax included) - Guests ages 10 and up
- $12 Children (tax included) - Guests ages 3 - 9
- Free- Guests 2 and under
Tickets may be purchased at the attraction's ticket window.
- Guests under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Gondola is wheelchair accessible with assistance. Guests must transfer from an Electric Convenience Vehicle (ECV).
- Weather conditions determine the number of Guests who may board the gondola in any given flight.
- All flights and times subject to change due to inclement weather.