Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      People can never quite understand why I love to go to Disney. The only people that tend to understand are ones who have experienced it.

I go with my partners family (Mum, Dad, Sister, BIL and their children) and there is nowhere in the world that compares to the feeling that Disney gives you. We've gone on large family holidays to Europe and they just don't compare. We are all so happy when we are in Disney and we all forget the trials and tribulations of 'reality' back home. I am constantly smiling when Im there and it seems to be the only place where I can go and recharge my batteries and get a zest for life again, even when Im worn out from a day in the parks!

Its genuinely my happiest place on Earth and I cannot thank my partner enough for introducing me to it 9 years ago!

Obsession, by Walt Disney Damfino's Avatar
      Also, for me personally, there is nothing to do here in my hometown and people think I'm joking when I say there is nothing to spend my money on, but, it's the truth! I have two weeks of being able to eat out everynight if I wish, or just going out for an evening stroll, great shops both on site and elsewhere, a decent cinema to see the latest movies, all there is to do here are not very good pubs, none of which do decent food and besides I really dn't feel comfortable going into a pub on my own, last time I went out in town was November 2010 to a local Wetherspoons and I went up to the bar and had a drunken 20 something trying to chat me up, pathetic. Nope, I'll save my dosh and head of to WDW for two weeks of living.

We have been to WDW four times and every one has been an adventure worth every penny. As a result of cost and distance when we go in July this will probably be our last visit (we have said this four times before) but there are so many other places that we would like to visit in the USA. We have been to a variety of places in Europe and after you have been somewhere two or three times, no matter how good that place is you feel that you have been there done that, WDW is different in that every time there is something new to find eg. I love things about space ,rockets , moon landings etc. and have still not found the time to go to the Kennedy Space Centre, definately this time :).
      The other thing is the age of your children, as they grow up you seem to concentrate on different parks and things to do and each visit is a new adventure.
      Ignore the people who haven't been and say WDW again! and compare it with a trip to somewhere like Alton Towers, these people will never take the time to see all the different things that they could enjoy at WDW.
      I may or may not return to WDW after our trip in July but is certainly not as a result of getting bored with it but there are so many other places in the USA that we want to visit - New York, the Carolinas, New England, ROUTE 66, California, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon to name but a few.
      Thank you Walt for creating WDW, any time I think of it it makes me :):).

Jon
      I think WDW (& Florida) just ticks all the right boxes for me. I’ve never been the lounge around by day, party by night type. I like variety, and WDW has it in abundance. It’s also somewhere where you can take a young family and never have to worry too much about how to entertain and cater from them, as that’s what Disney does best.

What’s more, it’s somewhere that keeps evolving, so no matter how often you go there’s always something new to see and do.
      Of course, like others I’d still like to see more of the world, and I’m sure we will once the kids are that bit older.
      Being Disney Vacation Club members just gives us the excuse to go back every couple of years and check up on the place.

We've had the conversation many times about all the other places we could have visited had we not returned to WDW every summer. Before we had Robert we always had the usual two weeks in the sun at a typical beach resort in Europe and then maybe a city break around Easter time. When we discovered WDW our whole style of holidays changed and I think it would be difficult for us to go back to a different type of holiday. Since we've been travelling to Orlando we've been on other holidays and really enjoyed them but they just don't have the 'magic'

There's still so many places that I want to see, Las Vegas is top of my list and I'm hoping to get there one day. I'm not really into sightseeing so cruise holidays suit me - a couple of hours in port is enough to see what I want and then back on the ship. We know that when we go to WDW we'll all have a great holiday..........I'm looking forward to our summer trip as much as I was to the very first trip back in 2001 (probably more as I hadn't a clue about what I was letting myself in for!)

Cath

I cannot remember where I read or heard this, but, a couple of years ago I recall someone criticising one of the Disney resort hotels (one of the value ones I think) because it had no kids club or kids entertainment I thought 'how can you say that with four fantastic theme parks a very short bus ride away. WDW is the perfect place for family fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Damfino View Post
      I cannot remember where I read or heard this, but, a couple of years ago I recall someone criticising one of the Disney resort hotels (one of the value ones I think) because it had no kids club or kids entertainment I thought 'how can you say that with four fantastic theme parks a very short bus ride away. WDW is the perfect place for family fun.
      My DDs do just fine at values.....pools, fountains, ping-pong, arcades. Plenty for them to do. Just no babysitter. I don't go to WDW to have someone else watch my kids. Of course, that's just me.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk
      Countless times as a child, FWCabins (11/92), Off Property (07/95), ASMu~, (04/97), ASMo (08/02), ASMo (04/06), Day Trip to MK (12/06), PC (07/08), PC (06/09), PC (10/10), ASMu (08.09/12), PC (01/13)

We get asked this question a lot. Yet the people who ask are the same people who go to Hawaii every year, stay at the same place, lay by the pool and party at night. What I love about WDW is there is so much to do, and it is always changing. We love to go to the parks, visit all the resorts, play mini-golf, spend time at the pool. I am not someone who just wants to relax the whole vacation, I like to be on the go and see new things. I love the weather, we go when it is the darkest winter here-so it is such a treat to see some sunshine and get away from snow and ice. We do go other places, we have been to England twice, and visit other places in the lower 48. I want to see more of Europe for sure, but I know WDW will always be the place with the most wonderful memories for us, and we know that we will have a great time when we are there.

There's a letter in my local paper today from a couple who go to Florida regularly with their children and it was about taking time off during school terms due to the rise in prices during school holidys. What got me what their opening statement where they have to justify their holiday by stating they both work, don't smoke or drink and rarely go out, that sounds so familiar, why do we have to do that? I would never expect anyone to justify their holiday, unless they are unemployed and on benefits (I once worked with a girl who redused to do more than 16 hours so she could still claim benefit, pay no council tax and so on, and went on regular holidays including a 13 day trip to China, now that needs to be justified)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Contact Us Home
    Copyright © 2014 MagicalKingdoms.com | Walt Disney World