Lake Buena Vista Golf Course
For golfers who like their challenges in shorter measurements, there is the Lake Buena Vista golf course.
Styled in a classic country club setting combining thick Florida forests and Walt Disney World Resort residential areas, Lake Buena Vista is barely more than 6,800 yards from the back tees and less than 5,200 yards from the front tees.
But don't let its length fool you: the Lake Buena Vista golf course is one "shorty" that can also be a bully. The combination of dense pine forests, narrow fairways, thick bermuda-grass rough and small, well-bunkered greens make this course a full-fledged golf challenge requiring accurate shot-making.
Constructed in 1972, one year following the construction of the Magnolia and Palm courses, LBV continues to be a favorite of many who have played all six courses at Walt Disney World Resort. Course architect Joe Lee returned in 1994 to direct construction of new greens for the entire course.
LBV offers golfers a new adventure at every tee and green . . . from the 157-yard No. 16 island green to the demanding 448-yard dogleg finishing hole.
Complementing this championship course layout are the villas of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, the newest Disney Vacation Club property. Accommodations at the resort offer golfers the opportunity to spend their vacations on the golf course while being just a few miles from the magical Walt Disney World theme parks.
As with all the Disney courses, teaching and practice facilities are plentiful. Lessons are available to all guests, both groups and individuals.
It all adds up to a golf experience that truly reflects the philosophy of course designer Lee, who says it is an "exciting challenge . . . yet fun to play."
Satellite Map / Aerial View of Course Layout
Reviews & Ratings
All rates are subject to 6.5% Sales Tax.
- Walt Disney World Resort Guest and Day Visitor Weekend and Weekday rates are per person and include greens fees, use of electric golf carts and pre-round practice balls.
- Replay rates are 50% of the applicable full rate on the same day. They occur on space-available basis, and may not be reserved in advance.
- On the 4 Disney championship courses, Walt Disney World Resort Guest and Day Visitor 2-Round Pass rates are per person for 2 greens fees and use of an electric golf cart. This offer may not be split between 2 players and does not include pre-round practice balls.
- Twilight Special rates are per person for greens fee and use of an electric golf cart. Pre-round practice balls are not included for Twilight greens fees. Twilight Times:
- Twilight rate is based on as many holes as you are able to play before dusk
- Start at 2:00 p.m. from November 7, 2010 – March 12, 2011
- Start at 3:00 p.m. from March 13, 2011 – April 14, 2011
- On Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course, rates are per person for greens fee; there are no electric carts available on the course.
- Pre-round practice balls are not included in Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course greens fees. Pull carts are available at $6 each and are available on this course only.
- All rates are subject to 6.5% sales tax.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- For additional information or assistance on rates, please call our Master Starter at (407) 938-GOLF (938-4653). You must be 18 years of age or older to dial this number. Guests under age 18 must have a parent's or guardian's permission to call.
For Disney Resort Guests - advise the Valet Desk or Bell Services that you have a tee time at the course and they will arrange free transportation for you. Returning from the course, the golf service staff will arrange transportation back to your hotel.
Lake Buena Vista Golf Course is located near the Downtown Disney® Marketplace. If driving to the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course, exit (#68) I-4 onto 535. Turn left onto Hotel Plaza Boulevard. At the end of Hotel Plaza Boulevard (the Marketplace will be in front of you), turn right and follow the signs to the course. There is no charge for parking.
Parking is free at the Golf Course.
Tips & Facts
Tee times can be made by calling 407/WDW-GOLF. Guests with a resort confirmation number can reserve tee times up to 90 days ahead. Day visitors can book up to 30 days ahead. Or book online.
Full beverage cart service is available on the golf course.
Lockers and shower facilities are available at the clubhouse.
Guests wanting to book another round, whether same-day replay or next day, can book their tee times in the Pro Shop.
Golf balls and other select merchandise featuring your favorite Disney Golf Course are available.
Engraved trophies and other awards may be custom-ordered for your event.
Course opened in 1972
Par is 72
Course record: 61 (Bob Tway)
Water figures in the design of 11 holes
Greens are Tifdwarf
Fairways are Tifway 419
Lake Buena Vista is one of three Walt Disney World Resort courses designed by Joe Lee; others: Palm and Magnolia
The course clubhouse facilities -- including a pro shop and locker rooms -- are on the grounds of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Among the prestigious events that have called the course "home": the PGA TOUR fall Classic (1980-1993, 1995-97), LPGA Tour HealthSouth Tournament (1996-1997) and USGA 1st Centennial Women's State Team Tournament (1995).
Lake Buena Vista is part of a 99-hole Walt Disney World golf resort complex honored as one of America's Gold Medal resorts by Golf Magazine (2004 biennial survey).