Osprey Ridge Golf Course
Golfers who test their skills on Disney's Osprey Ridge course try to add some "artful strokes" with their golf clubs on a "masterpiece" course from the "palette" of renowned course architect Tom Fazio.
In fact, Osprey Ridge was a picturesque, challenging layout in Fazio's eyes long before golfers began reviewing his creation in 1992. He had studied the hundreds of acres of wilderness in the northeast corner of Walt Disney World Resort and, like an artist who sees the finished painting before the first pigment is applied to the canvas, he saw great things.
"Some of the factors that excited us about the project were the vegetation, the water areas and the wetlands which became part of the background and framing for the holes," he said.
One of the challenges for a resort course designer is to create a layout that would prove an equal challenge for the expert and the player with lesser ability. At Osprey Ridge, playing options produce that versatility -- from the positioning of tee boxes to the choices the player can make concerning a route from tee to green on the many holes where water is a factor.
Fazio notes that the design of Osprey Ridge uses the existing land patterns to their fullest while preserving all of the adjacent wetlands and other natural areas. Its positive characteristics include remote areas and high ridges with some tees, greens and viewing areas 20-25 feet above grade.
With its dramatically elevated greens and tees, Osprey Ridge is in sharp contrast to the adjacent Eagle Pines course with its "low-profile" design.
More than 70 strategically placed bunkers, mounds and a meandering ridge that runs through the course provide interesting obstacles, banking and elevation changes.
According to Robert McCord's The 479 Best Courses to Play in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean, "The links-style layout . . . has an abundance of beautiful and sometimes golf-threatening foliage, including pine, scrub oak, palmetto, bay trees, cypress and other varieties. Wind is another element [to challenge golfers.] Often the winds here are swirling and unpredictable.
"The front nine starts out with some of the easier holes on the course but includes two long par 3s before you reach the 582-yard par-5 seventh, the number-1 handicap hole, largely due to distance. The course gets more difficult on the back nine. The three finishing holes at Osprey Ridge are excellent tests of golf."
- Detailed 3D views of each hole
- Precise yardage to different fairway and green locations
- Professional tips that aid course strategy
- Leaderboard and scoreboard views for tournament play
- Ability to monitor time and pace of play and communication to course management in the event of an emergency
Satellite Map / Aerial View of Course Layout
Reviews & Ratings
Pro Shop -- full-service shop featuring all the golf gear you need. Unique crescent-shaped design with panoramic window gives guests a scenic view of the 18th green of both courses. Accessories range from golf shoes to designer golf bags to a selection of character and custom-logo sportswear.
Rental Equipment -- Golf clubs, shoes and driving range balls are available for a nominal fee.
Tournament Room -- features nearly 2,000 square feet of flexible function space to host a full tournament. The room also can open into a bar and grill area, accommodating 240 guests for an awards ceremony or luncheon.
The Sand Trap bar and grill offers a selection of sandwiches, appetizers and bar snacks in a comfortable atmosphere. The space spills out to a covered terrace overlooking the finishing holes of both courses. The veranda can be used for receptions or small functions.
All rates are subject to 6.5% Sales Tax.
- Walt Disney World Resort Guest and Day Visitor Weekend and Weekday rates are per person and include greens fees, use of electric golf carts and pre-round practice balls.
- Replay rates are 50% of the applicable full rate on the same day. They occur on space-available basis, and may not be reserved in advance.
- On the 4 Disney championship courses, Walt Disney World Resort Guest and Day Visitor 2-Round Pass rates are per person for 2 greens fees and use of an electric golf cart. This offer may not be split between 2 players and does not include pre-round practice balls.
- Twilight Special rates are per person for greens fee and use of an electric golf cart. Pre-round practice balls are not included for Twilight greens fees. Twilight Times:
- Twilight rate is based on as many holes as you are able to play before dusk
- Start at 2:00 p.m. from November 7, 2010 – March 12, 2011
- Start at 3:00 p.m. from March 13, 2011 – April 14, 2011
- On Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course, rates are per person for greens fee; there are no electric carts available on the course.
- Pre-round practice balls are not included in Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course greens fees. Pull carts are available at $6 each and are available on this course only.
- All rates are subject to 6.5% sales tax.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- For additional information or assistance on rates, please call our Master Starter at (407) 938-GOLF (938-4653). You must be 18 years of age or older to dial this number. Guests under age 18 must have a parent's or guardian's permission to call.
For Disney Resort Guests - advise the Valet Desk or Bell Services that you have a tee time at the course and they will arrange free transportation for you. Returning from the course, the golf service staff will arrange transportation back to your hotel.
Parking is free at the Golf Course.
If driving to the Osprey Ridge Golf Course, take the Epcot® exit (#67) from I-4, then exit right (the third right) to Bonnet Creek Parkway. From here you will see signs directing you left at the traffic light and to the golf course.
Tips & Facts
Tee times can be made by calling 407/WDW-GOLF. Guests with a resort confirmation number can reserve tee times up to 90 days ahead. Day visitors can book up to 30 days ahead. Or book online.
Full beverage cart service is available on the golf course.
Lockers and shower facilities are available at the clubhouse.
Guests wanting to book another round, whether same-day replay or next day, can book their tee times in the Pro Shop.
Golf balls and other select merchandise featuring your favorite Disney Golf Course are available.
Engraved trophies and other awards may be custom-ordered for your event.
The Course opened in 1992.
Par is 72
The Course record is 65 (David Young)
Water is a factor on nine holes
70 bunkers guard the elevated greens.
Greens are Tifdwarf
Fairways are Tifway 419
Among the prestigious events that have called the course "home" are the Guess Watches Zinger Stinger Pro-Am benefiting the Leukemia Society of America's Lymphoma Research (1995) and the Bryant Gumbel/Walt Disney World Celebrity Tournament benefiting the United Negro College Fund (1993- ).
Osprey Ridge is part of a 99-hole Walt Disney World golf resort complex honored as one of America's Gold Medal resorts by Golf Magazine (2004 biennial survey).
An osprey is a bird of prey found in coastal regions as it feeds solely on live fish. If you're lucky, you'll find one of our nesting pairs fishing on the lakes of Osprey Ridge.