Animal Kingdom Villas Recreation & Shopping
All of the recreation options at Animal Kingdom Lodge are also available to guests at Animal Kingdom Villas. In addition to those options, the folllowing will be available at Kidani Village.
Animal Programs, unique to Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, offer an up close encounter with exotic animals that are sure to delight the entire family.
- Flamingo feeding at Flamingo Pond
- Night vision viewing of animals
- Animal tracking at Arusha Rock
- Wildlife games and cultural safaris in the Sunset Lounge
- African arts and crafts on the Uzima Pool Deck
- Bush Camp, where children and adults can explore the African culture through games, crafts, and food and enjoy and up close and persona glimpse ofl the Resort's animals
- Campfire storytelling
Animals are on the savannas every day, apart from 6am-12 noon (approximate times).
Fire up the grills, and picnic alfresco or in the covered area located near the sports courts of Kidani Village.
Basketball and Shuffleboard Courts
Shoot some hoops at the half-court, or slide on over for a gripping game of shuffleboard. Use of equipment is complimentary and available at Community Hall.
Character meet and greets will be held in Disney's Animal Kingdom Villa's main lobby on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8:10 a.m. to 8:40 a.m. and 9:10 a.m. to 9:40 a.m. (subject to change)
Looking for rainy day activities? Drop by for planned activities, arts and crafts, board games, table tennis, foosball, Sony PlayStation®2, or downtime TV viewing.
Find fascinating gifts, Disney Vacation Club logo merchandise, toys or various sundries and groceries you may need. Located in the lobby, this shop has what you're looking for — including complimentary DVD rentals for Disney Vacation Club Members.
Survival of the Fittest Fitness Center
Work out with weights or on treadmills, bicycles or elliptical cross trainers. Located near Samawati Springs Pool. Open from 6:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m., the facility is available to Resort Guests 14 and older at no additional charge. Guests 14 to17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. A personal trainer is also available by appointment.
Safari So Good Arcade
Test your arcade skills while you play classic and new games in this high-tech entertainment room located near the lobby.
Samawati Springs Pool
Cool off in this zero-entry pool that features a 128-ft. long water slide. Take relaxation to a whole new level in one of the two whirlpool spas near the main pool, or refresh at Maji Pool Bar.
Grab a partner and serve up some fun on the courts near the Barbeque Pavilion. Use of equipment is complimentary and available at Community Hall.
Climb elevated-rope bridges, dash through geyser jets, or relax in the waterfall lagoon or beneath the shade of the camp cabanas in this village playground themed as an animal observation site known as Uwanja Camp — uwanja means "play area." Explore three distinct zones in this children's interactive water-play area —
- Observation Station: For children ages 4 and younger, this play space invites kids to unscramble animal images, cross a rope bridge and frolic through a geyser and shallow pool.
- Departure Zone: For kids ages 5-7, this area includes a water tower, pulleys and squirting gardens.
- Base Camp: For kids 8 and older, this play area includes water canons and overflowing water buckets.