November 11, 1992.
Released on video in 1993.
One Jump Ahead
A Whole New World
Friend Like Me
The art directors working on the film were influenced by Persian miniatures and Arabian calligraphy.
Aladdin became the highest-grossing animated film up to that time, earning over $200 million internationally.
It won two Academy Awards in 1992 for Best Music, Original Score; and Best Music, Song, for "A Whole New World."
It was also nominated for Academy Awards: Best Effects, Sound Effects Editing; and Best Music, Song, "Friend Like Me."
There were two made-for-video sequels: "The Return of Jafar" and "Aladdin and the King of Thieves."
Genie: Oi! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck.
Genie: Never fails. You get in the bath and there's a rub at the lamp.
Aladdin: Provisos? You mean limitations? On wishes? Some all-powerful Genie. Can't even bring people back from the dead. I don't know, Abu. He probably can't get us out of this cave. Looks like we'll have to find a way out of here.
Genie: Excuse me? Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so sit down!
Genie: Three, no substitutions, exchanges or refunds.
Sultan: Jafar, you vile betrayer.
Iago: That's Sultan Vile Betrayer to you.
DVD & Soundtrack
DVD Bonus Features
- All-New 5.1 Disney Enhanced Home Theater Mix
- Deleted Song "Proud Of Your Boy" -- One of the lost gems by the Academy Award® winning songwriting team (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, 1991, Best Original Score, Best Song) of Howard Ashman and Alan Menken.
- Clay Aiken Performs "Proud Of Your Boy" -- This all-new recording is accompanied by both the original storyboards and an all-new music video with footage from the recording studio.
- "A Whole New World" Music Videos
- "A Diamond In The Rough: The Making Of ALADDIN" -- Never-before-heard moviemaking secrets revealed by the original creative team.
- Deleted Scenes
- Disney's Virtual DVD Ride: ALADDIN's Magic Carpet Adventure
- Inside The Genie's Lamp -- Never-Before-Seen 3-D Tour
- The Genie World Tour -- A hilarious trip around the world with the Genie.
- 3 Wishes Game -- Your Fortune, Revealed
- Filmmakers' Audio Commentary -- The filmmakers give you their personal and unique views on the film.
- Animators' Audio Commentary -- The animators provide insight into the design of the film.
- The Art Of ALADDIN
- Alan Menken: Musical Renaissance Man
- Pop-Up Fun Facts -- Watch the film in this special "trivia mode" feature to experience and share fun and interesting secrets about the film.
- Disney Song Selection -- Sing along to your favorite songs, including "Friend Like Me," "A Whole New World," and "Prince Ali," as the words pop up on screen.
- And More!
It is not what outside, but what is inside that counts; A diamond in the rough.
Imagine if you had three wishes, three hopes, three dreams and they all could come true.
When Aladdin is transformed into Prince Ali, his reflection in the mirror shows the wrong arm held up.
When reflected in the steam, the flower in Jasmine's hair is shown on the wrong side.
When Jasmine is climbing the palace wall to leave her trouser leg is shown, but in a close up shot her leg is bare.
The script on the scrolls appears to be in Arabic and should be read from right to left, but Jafar and the Sultan's eyes move from left to right when reading it.