May 30, 2003.
Released on video in 2003.
Lee Unkrich (Co-Director)
Beyond the Sea
Why Trust a Shark?
Friends Not Food
The film was entirely animated at the Pixar Animation Studios in Emeryville, California.
It set a record on it's opening weekend for a Disney animated feature, grossing $70.2, and eventually becoming the highest grossing animated film of all time to that date, with over $339 million.
Finding Nemo won an Academy Award in 2003 for Best Animated Feature Film.
In the same year it was also nominated for three Academy Awards: Best Score; Best Sound Editing; and Best Original Screenplay.
Gill: You see that filter?
Gill: You're the only one small enough to get in and out of that thing. All you have to do swim inside, jam a pebble in the fan, and swim out. Once you do that, this tank is going to get filthier and filthier, and the dentist will have no choice but to clean the tank himself. He'll put us in individual baggies, then we roll out the window, down to the ground, across the street, and into the ocean. It's foolproof!
Dory: I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy Come on, squishy Come on, little squishy. Ow Bad squishy, bad squishy
Bubbles: So, the Big Blue. What's it like?
Nemo: Umm... big... and blue?
Bubbles: I knew it.
Marlin: How do you know if they're ready?
Crush: Well, you never really know, but when they know, you know, y'know?
Bruce: Just a bite!
Anchor: Now you hold it together mate!
Chum: Remember, Bruce! Fish are friends, not food!
DVD & Soundtrack
DVD Bonus Features
- Turn Your TV Into A Virtual Aquarium With Amazing Animated Scenes From The Movie (Including Never-Before-Seen Animation)
- Filmmakers' Visual Commentary Including Deleted Scenes And Recording Sessions
- "Making Nemo" -- A Special Documentary Featuring Footage On The Creation Of The Film
- Review The Art Of Nemo, Narrated By The Artists Themselves
- Exploring The Reef With Jean-Michel Cousteau And All Your Nemo Friends
- Discover The Classic Pixar Animation Studio Short Film "Knick Knack"
- "The Incredibles" -- A Pixar Animation Studios Sneak Peek
- Play "Fisharades" With Your Favorite School Of Fish
- Learning Fun With Mr. Ray's Encyclopedia
- Pixar Animation Studios Takes Future Animators On A Behind-The-Scenes Tour
- Storytime Fun For The Young
- And Much More!
Jaws Will Drop.
71% of the Earth's surface is covered by water. That's a lot of space to find one fish.
Female clownfish are always bigger than their mates, so Coral should be bigger than Marlin.
When Bruce is chasing Marlin and Dory, his mask changes from the right to left side and back again.
the diving flag on the dentist's boat is the US version which isn't used in Australia.
The dentist scoops Nemo out of the aquarium the bag he uses has a zipper top, but next time the bag is shown is has a plain top.
Reviews & Ratings