AquaDuck (on Disney Dream only)
Stretching 765 feet in length and spanning four decks in height, AquaDuck combines the thrill of a coaster with the splashing fun of a water slide as powerful water blasters propel guests around the perimeter of the ship’s top deck. From high atop the aft funnel, on Deck 16, guests begin their voyage by boarding a specially designed two-person inflatable raft.
AquaDuck quickly takes an exciting turn. Starting with an initial drop, guests are suspended in a “swing out” loop that extends 13 feet over the side of the ship. Surrounded only by the crystal clear acrylic flume, guests get a breathtaking, unobstructed view of the ocean surface 150 feet below.
The excitement amplifies as riders experience the up-and-down sensations of a coaster and defy gravity in a torrent of gushing water. After an initial plunge, high-powered water jets accelerate guests upwards and forwards at a surging speed of about 20 feet per second, made possible by utilizing some of today's latest water coaster technology.
The ride continues as guests are whisked into an enclosed tunnel. Specialized lighting surrounding the flume provides a magical effect as riders travel through the forward funnel where kids in the tween club can catch a shadowy glimpse of guests through special windows as they whiz by.
Emerging from the funnel, guests swiftly glide along a stretch of river rapids 335 feet in length, providing a stunning panorama of the ocean and the ship’s upper decks. Then comes a whooshing splashdown on Deck 12.
When the sun sets, AquaDuck immerses guests in a unique nighttime experience combining the thrills of this one-of-a-kind water coaster with customized lighting and amazing views of the nighttime sky.
AquaDuck Fast Facts
AquaDuck is the first and only water coaster onboard a cruise ship
- The length of the entire attraction is about 765 feet
- The length of the river rapids is about 335 feet
- The overall height of the ride is roughly 46 feet – equivalent to four and a half stories
- Approximately 10,000 gallons of water per minute propel guests through the attraction
- The loop that extends over the edge of the ship is about 150 feet above the ocean’s surface
- High-powered water jets accelerate guests upward and forward at about 20 feet per second
- There are three portholes in the tween club that provide silhouetted views of AquaDuck riders as they pass through the funnel
- As a convenience to guests, a conveyor system lifts rafts up from Deck 12 to the ride launch on Deck 16
AquaDuck is a thrilling high-speed water coaster slide down a flume that includes sharp turns and sudden drops
For safety, you should be in good health and free from heart conditions, back or neck problems, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure.
Expectant mothers should not ride.
Minimum height requirement of 42" for guests riding with someone else.
Minimum height requirement of 54" for single riders.
Riders under 7 years of age must ride with someone aged 14 or over.
Clothing with rivets, buckles or exposed metal is not permitted.
Glasses and loose jewelry should be removed.
Single riders are subject to extended wait times. Two riders per raft are recommended.