Effective January 31, 2008, all Guests must provide proper citizenship documentation in order to sail on a Disney cruise. Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding.
All Guests claiming U.S. citizenship, including children, must present one of the following as proof of U.S. citizenship:
- Valid, unexpired U.S. passport
- Original state issued birth certificate and guests 18 years must present a photo ID issued by a local, state or federal government agency
- Original certificate of naturalization and guests 18 years and older must present a photo ID issued by a local, state or federal government agency
- Original certificate of citizenship and guests 18 years and older must present a photo ID issued by a local, state or federal government agency
Disney Cruise Line® ask that Guests provide their passport number at least 75 days prior to the start of their vacation by visiting www.disneycruise.com and selecting My Disney Cruise and then My Online Check-In. Please be aware that it is the Guest’s responsibility to acquire proper citizenship documentation (passport and/or green card). Those without proper documentation at time of departure will be denied boarding.
All Guests claiming Canadian citizenship must present one of the following as proof of Canadian citizenship for each member of the party:
- Valid, unexpired, Canadian passport
- Original birth certificate and a picture ID issued by local or provincial government agency for Guests 18 and older
- If the Guest lives and works in the United States and is a legal permanent resident, they must provide a valid, unexpired, Permanent Resident Card, also known as the “Green Card” or “Alien Resident Card (ARC).”
Copies of any of the above documents are not acceptable.
Benefits of Having a Passport
If you don't already have a passport, now is a good time to apply for one! There are many benefits to having a passport:
No more juggling birth certificates and driver's licenses! A passport is a single document that provides photo identification, as well as proof of citizenship.
The convenience of not traveling with original birth certificates. You'll no longer have to worry about losing or damaging these precious documents.
Expedited entry into the United States for U.S. citizens and legitimate foreign visitors.
- In the event of an emergency, or missed departure, you may need to fly back to the US from an international port, for which you need a valid passport.
For Guests 16 years of age or older, a passport is valid for 10 years, and passports for Guests 15 years of age or younger are valid for 5 years -- so there's plenty of time to use your passport again and again when you sail with Disney Cruise Line®.
How to Get a Passport
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at 877-4USA-PPT for more information. Allow at least 2 months.
Visas For Russia
People entering Russia normally require a visa, but if you're participating in a Disney organised excursion in St Petersburg, you won't require a visa. Therefore, it's recommended that guests only partake in Disney organised excursions in St Petersburg.
You will need to show the following documentation when debarking the ship in St Petersburg:
- Valid passport
- Disney Cruise Line excursion ticket
- Photocopy of your passport page that shows personal details and your photograph